Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    No more Cyclops harem fantasies please. Men who treat women like shit don't deserve to have women in competition for them.
    Well, his school has Emma, Magik, Kitty, Tempus, and the Cuckoos. And may add Dazzler soon. Maria Hill wants him. I think the harem is a go.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Fantastic Member

Sunspot/Monet - I don't know why but i always thought they would be a really great couple, which is strange because I don't really know that much about him. I think he might be a member of the Hellfire Club or he was at one point right? Anyway I think his worldliness would match off great against Monet's princess amongst mortals attitude who still comes off as somewhat sheltered all these years later.

Jean Grey/Logan - He's the only man that's ever truly loved her and it's always been bad timing with them, so I would always like to see this friendship revisited even if it never becomes more. Others I think Jean would match up well with are Bruce Banner, Clint Barton (I don't know why I just think they would be good together) and Stephen Strange.

As for her teenage self. I enjoyed the interaction we got between Quentin Q/Jean in Date Night. When written well it's not hard at all to see why just about every X-Guy has had a minor flirtation with her at some point.

Siryn/MM were ok. Though I haven't bothered with the new X-Factor.

Don't really care about the relationship status of anyone else.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Well, his school has Emma, Magik, Kitty, Tempus, and the Cuckoos. And may add Dazzler soon. Maria Hill wants him. I think the harem is a go.
    Doesn't change the fact that Scott treats women like shit. It's still offensive and gross. More proof of writers/editors living out their sexist fantasies through their pet character then.

All-New Member

Like:
    Scott and Emma
    Havok and Polaris
    Colossus and Kitty
    Banshee and Moira
    Madrox and Siryn
    Chamber and Husk
    Storm and Forge
    Magma and Empath
    I kinda like Iceman and Kitty in theory but it never seemed to go anywhere

I do like the traditional/established relationships

Dislikes
    Angel and Husk
    Storm and T'Challa
    Havok and Nurse Annie
    616 Rogue and Magneto
    Storm and Wolverine (just seems very strange to be as close as they have been for years and then move onto something else. Its seems off)
    Sam and Dani (see Storm & Wolverine)
    Sunspot and Magma (see Storm & Wolverine)
    Madrox and Layla (loved Layla as a creepy kid. Didn't like her at all as an adult. Found her and Madrox very very unsettling)
    Nightcrawler and Amanda Sefton (again creepy)
    Psylocke and Fantomex
    Psylocke and Cypher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Jean Grey/Logan - He's the only man that's ever truly loved her
    What the hell ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that Scott treats women like shit. It's still offensive and gross. More proof of writers/editors living out their sexist fantasies through their pet character then.
    What red-blooded writers' room wouldn't over-identify with a guy who when left alone in a cabin in the woods with his passionate red-headed wife finds his mind turns at once to...housework?

And whose wife kept trying to sleep with a hairy serial killer with hygiene issues because the aforementioned writers' pet couldn't get it up? What guy doesn't want to be impotent and cuckolded after all?

And, seriously, how could any guy not want to end up where Cyke is right now - proving Sinister's prophecy to be absolutely right?

If Cyke actually got to spend his life lolling around on a waterbed and counting his diamonds while being pleasured by beautiful concubines and adoring catamites while people dropped in to tell him how awesome he is as opposed to living in an ex-mutant torture facility having a horrible life and being told by everyone who ever mattered to him how much they hate him now, I might be more convinced by the Cyclops = Writer Avatar argument but I can't help noticing that no one seems to be making that case against the guy who is now leader of the X-Men, living in luxury, appearing in multiple books, being an Avenger, having all the other X-Men agree with his every word, and banging Storm.

Which I'm actually glad about, as the character = self-insert argument is IMO cheap and lazy. It seems pretty obvious to me from the multi-faceted nature of the characters, and the way most of the writers writing them go out of their way to give them both positive and negative characteristics, that what the writers' room does is tell stories about characters that interest them in a way they try to make as interesting for themselves and the readers as possible. Some of those stories are not going to please individual readers as much as others but that still doesn't really justify the Carey Is Hot For Rogue/Claremont Is Hot For Storm/Fraction Wants To Be Cyclops/Bendis Is An Evil Overlord And Marvel Are His Minions nonsense.

Scott/Emma- Should have never had happened and if they wanted to hook them up do it in a more tasteful manner because those two were strangled by the red string so much it could choke someone.

Colossus/Kitty- Why does no adaption of them show the two as a couple?

Nightcrawler/Scarlet Witch- What a girl can dream.

Ultimate Member

Let's see...my couples

Logan/Jean
    Warren/Betsy
    Alex/Lorna
    Sam/Tabitha
    Warpath/Siryn
    Gambit/Rogue
    Forge/Storm

and so on...

Scott/Emma (I like them as a couple but I think it's time for them to be apart, but I would love if they made up in the future.)
    Betsy/Warren
    Rogue/Gambit
    Kitty/Colossus
    Lorna/Alex (but not much this days)
    Tyke/X-23
    Julian/Sofia (Wind Dancer)
    Surge/Prodigy

Don't Like

Jean/Logan
    Storm/Logan
    Rogue/Magneto (616)
    Bobby/Kitty
    Psylocke/Fantomex

LOVE
    Emma and Scott
    Kitty and Colossus
    Brand and Beast
    Rictor and Shatterstar
    Sofia and Julian
    Rogue and Magneto
    Paige and Jono
    Ruth and David
    Layla and Jamie
    Illyana and Doug (it should have happened)

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    What red-blooded writers' room wouldn't over-identify with a guy who when left alone in a cabin in the woods with his passionate red-headed wife finds his mind turns at once to...housework?

And whose wife kept trying to sleep with a hairy serial killer with hygiene issues because the aforementioned writers' pet couldn't get it up? What guy doesn't want to be impotent and cuckolded after all?

And, seriously, how could any guy not want to end up where Cyke is right now - proving Sinister's prophecy to be absolutely right?

If Cyke actually got to spend his life lolling around on a waterbed and counting his diamonds while being pleasured by beautiful concubines and adoring catamites while people dropped in to tell him how awesome he is as opposed to living in an ex-mutant torture facility having a horrible life and being told by everyone who ever mattered to him how much they hate him now, I might be more convinced by the Cyclops = Writer Avatar argument but I can't help noticing that no one seems to be making that case against the guy who is now leader of the X-Men, living in luxury, appearing in multiple books, being an Avenger, having all the other X-Men agree with his every word, and banging Storm.

Which I'm actually glad about, as the character = self-insert argument is IMO cheap and lazy. It seems pretty obvious to me from the multi-faceted nature of the characters, and the way most of the writers writing them go out of their way to give them both positive and negative characteristics, that what the writers' room does is tell stories about characters that interest them in a way they try to make as interesting for themselves and the readers as possible. Some of those stories are not going to please individual readers as much as others but that still doesn't really justify the Carey Is Hot For Rogue/Claremont Is Hot For Storm/Fraction Wants To Be Cyclops/Bendis Is An Evil Overlord And Marvel Are His Minions nonsense.
    Are you trying to argue against the fact that Cyclops has been used as the POV character for the majority of the 50 years the X-men have been around? Yeah some writers wrote him as a clueless hunk at time but he still was rewarded with all the privileges and benefits of being the leading man of the X-men.

Since X-men #1, he has been the character the male writers and readers have related to for being the hero of the story. As the leader of the team, Cyclops has been designated the alpha dog that is constantly mated off to whatever female character is submissive enough to not overshadow him. But she is always his girlfriend, his accessories, his prop. Jean Grey was the first victim, then Maddie, then Jean again but as his wife, and when that was getting to boring for him, they gave him Emma. Now it's a joke of how many female characters are swarming around him like he's hot shit. Which he might look like it but personality wise is such a snore. But as long as Cyclops is treated as the king of X-men and there are female characters made more inferior around him then they will continue to be used as mirrors to reflect him at twice the size than he really is.

When Cyclops becomes the hot boy toy to an alpha female character than maybe I will consider it. Til then he should be single and sexless for a while. It's only fair.
    Last edited by Darkholder; 06-15-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    Are you trying to argue against the fact that Cyclops has been used as the POV character for the majority of the 50 years the X-men have been around?
    I still want a comic Marvel explicitly names Cyclops and the X-men just to tick people further off.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I still want a comic Marvel explicitly names Cyclops and the X-men just to tick people further off.
    How about naming it, "Heroic white man's journey from being an oppressed fictional minority to a non-revolutionary leader and his cheerleaders".

How about naming it, "Heroic white man's journey from being an oppressed fictional minority to a non-revolutionary leader and his cheerleaders".
    Lol 10 char
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

I don't think that would sell as well We got to think profit for Marvel. That and the fact we are talking about Cyclops, not Havok in Uncanny Avengers
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616