Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I really liked Corporal Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    I really liked Corporal Summers.
    Isn't he with Dazzler?
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Love

Anole/Indra - Needs to happen.
    Scott/Jean
    Scott/Emma
    Rogue/Gambit
    Rogue/Magneto
    Xavier/Moira
    Xavier/Lilandra
    Storm/Forge
    Angel/Psylocke
    Hellion/X-23

Hate

Iceman/Any woman (but especially Kitty Pride and Mystique)
    Logan/Jean
    Kitty Pride/Colossus
    Rictor/Shatterstar
    Domino/Colossus
    Multiple Man/Layla Miller
    Northstar/Kyle Jinadu
    Psylocke/Fantomex

Prettier than you. - Remy Shiver's Avatar

Love - Angel/Psylocke & Blindfold/Legion
    Like - Scott/Emma & Rogue/ Gambit
    Neutral - Kitty/Bobby & Emma/Sebastian Shaw
    Hate - Psylocke/Fantomex (but it's slowly growing on me)

Want to happen - Gambit/Polaris (or Gambit/Quicksilver) & TeenJean/TeenBeast

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakenGirl View Post
    Which I'm actually glad about, as the character = self-insert argument is IMO cheap and lazy...Some of those stories are not going to please individual readers as much as others but that still doesn't really justify the Carey Is Hot For Rogue/Claremont Is Hot For Storm/Fraction Wants To Be Cyclops/Bendis Is An Evil Overlord And Marvel Are His Minions nonsense.
    I guess you missed the interview where Fraction said Scott and Emma are always the axis for his stories. Or Alonso saying Cyclops was the character whose journey he was most invested in and how he could relate to him. Or Bendis saying that Scott is a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I don't think that would sell as well We got to think profit for Marvel.
    UXM is already not selling well and has not been selling well for the past 10 years with Cyclops at the helm. But the writers and editors continue to push thinking if they go at it long enough, they'll find a Cyclops story people will buy. Maybe once it drops from the top 20 (when it used to be in the top 3) they'll wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    What's so offensive about Cyclops relationship issues being a fairly believable and interesting take on the intimacy problems of an adult survivor of (sexual) child abuse? I don't think Scott seeking validation by offering himself romantically and sexually to pretty much anyone who shows interest is meant to be portrayed as a positive character trait.
    What's offensive is women being in competition for Cyclops despite him being a **** partner.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Well. if you want Cyke to get an alpha female. Then I guess its time for StormClops.
    She's way too good for him. Going from Wolverine to Cyclops as a partner would be a huge downgrade for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    As they say, Haters gonna hate.

Cyclops has earned his unwanted Harem. He's also single so that means he's fair game and many of the women on the team know it.
    How exactly has he earned his unwanted harem given his crap treatment of women?

Incredible Member

Lets see. The haircut? Check
    family abducted by aliens? Check
    mistrustful of the government? Check.
    Wierd offspring with redheaded partner? Quadruple check.
    Currently a middle aged burnout with a history of treating women horribly? Check

Its weird, describing David Duchovny's 2 most popular roles and realizing how seamlessly they sync up with Cyclops major traits & arcs of the last 25 years.

So, gotta ship Duchovny & the role of Corsair in the X films

Love:
    Cyclops-Emma
    Rogue-Gambit
    Logan-Jean
    Logan-Storm
    Havok-Polaris
    Madrox-Siryn
    Colossus-Kitty

Hate:
    Beast-Brand
    Namor-Emma
    Iron Man-Emma
    Scott-Jean

Namor/Ororo They should just take over the world as Gods of the seas and skies!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Namor/Ororo They should just take over the world as Gods of the seas and skies!
    AYYYYYYYYMEN, BROTHER!

PREACH OF OUR GODS!

BANNED

Emma Frost / Peter Milligan
    Legion / Blindfold
    Quentin Quire / Kid Gladiator
    Oya / Broo
    Frenzy / Basilisk
    Daken / Gambit
    Mystique / Destiny
    Kitty / Rachel
    Hope / Miss America Chavez
    Pixie / Quentin Quire
    Kitty / Peter Parker
    Rover / Tom Skylark / E.V.A.
    Rachel / Mr Franklin
    Polaris / Daap
    Xavier / Magneto
    Xavier Jr. / Raze
    Sebastian Shaw / Gambit
    Sage / Cyber shades
    Hepzibah / Corsair

BANNED

Dazzler/Micromax

Quote Originally Posted by 1bulma1 View Post
    I am just having a nostalgia factor at the moment with the release of DOFP, so I am watching some of the xmen's old cartoon and I got to say I hate the rogue and gambit relationship in that cartoon it was extremely annoying and childish. gambit kind of irritated me with him always speaking in third person, I also hated the fact that he was more of a comic relief to the show than the actual dark and complex character he could be as we saw in the later cartoon series.

I also found rogue at times irritating, she whined a lot. I also found it annoying how she always seemed to insult gambit every chance she got, it only made me not take their relationship seriously. Rogue and gambit in X-Men TAS where completely childish.

I am not even sure rogue was actually in love with gambit, the only reason why she seem to care about him was because he was the only one that showed her any affection. a perfect example is when Cody came back in the episode love in vain. rogue basically dumb and treated gambit like crap for a guy she has not even spoken to in years all because the guy said he could touch her.

I felt like overall the rogue and gambit relationship was there for comic relief. their relationship lacked the seriousness or commitment like the scott and jean relationship had in the cartoons.

it amazing me to this day how many fans seemed to like their relationship in Xmen The animated series. am sorry but I prefer how their relationship was portrayed in xmen evolution a lot better.
    The third person thing is the most annoying thing in the XTAS show. I love Gambit but he doesn't talk that way, it was a bad decision by the makers of the show. I get the accent stuff, but they did not do any good with that stuff, imo.

That Rogue 'sass' you know .. which I'm okay with hasn't been seen in ages in the books. She was fine in that series, I actually like her there. I don't like her in the books.

The thing with Rogue and Gambit was the irony. Not because of anything else. It was automatic drama. And not done well, imo.

Anyway – glad to read your opinion.
    Last edited by Neko; 06-17-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

BANNED

Here's a platonic relationship to change things up a bit:

X-23 and Kiden Nixon.

I think the importance of Laura's friendship with Kiden has been greatly and tragically overlooked, in part because Kiden and the rest of the NYX kids have been virtually forgotten by the writers. Depending on exactly when NYX was set, this may be the first person since Megan and Debbie that genuinely reached out to Laura, and may have shaken her out of one of the darkest periods of her life. When they first met, Laura was virtually mute and all but functioning on autopilot, and firmly under Zebra Daddy's control. However by the end of the series her contact with Kiden has led Laura to fight back in order to protect her and the other kids he was threatening.

I know Kiden popped up once again during Laura's one-shot, but this is a relationship I'd really love to see the writers do more with, because there's a lot of possibilities of what can be done with it.

BANNED

Maybe somebody can clear this up for me.

In BotA, the younger Xavier is introduced as Charles' grandson. Now he's actually Charles & Mystique's son and Raze's brother. Putting the Raven/Charles hookup aside... whatthehagganagga?!? I get that there was a lot of Brotherhood lying going on in BotA, but that his parentage was a lie too? That seems...ummm... odd. Any idea why this was done? To remove Legion from the equation maybe? Bad writing? Second thoughts on the whole andsongray thing? Early into his personal story and Marvel has already made Xavier Jr. confusing. F--- YOU, TIME TRAVEL!!!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Iceman/Kitty
    Storm/Yukio
    Destiny/Mystique
    Iceman/Mystique
    Iceman/Polaris
    Emma Frost/Namor
    Hepzibah/Corsair
    Frenzy/Cyclops

Dislike
    Havok/Polaris
    Cyclops/Emma Frost
    Storm/Wolverine

I can't believe I never realized how much I actually liked most of Bobby's relationships.