Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I agree with the majority opinion here that the art was lacking. I didn't hate it, as a few elements worked very well, but on the whole, it wasn't to my taste. Everything just looked ugly or weirdly proportioned. Very strange.

Anyway, the story remains interesting, but I feel like it has the potential to drag. I'm hoping for a noticeable advance in plot next issue, now that Hellcat seems to have a better understanding of the situation.

It also feels a bit odd to pretend to put Angie in danger. It doesn't really feel like a dangerous situation to me because we've only known her for a short amount of time--I highly doubt Soule would kill her off so quickly.

Fantastic Member Supergirl's Pal's Avatar

Overall an enjoyable issue, the story was stronger than the art. I just wish Amanda Connor would illustrate at least one issue of She-Hulk.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Wimberly is a very unique talent, I liked PoC but never imagined him at Marvel. The whole time reading the issue, I thought about how it would make average cape comic fans wince and squirm. Some of his angles and expressions didn't feel appropriate, but for an indie guy he's really great with action.

Soule, meanwhile, went in the other direction with a more traditional take. Of course, his writing is really good so it still falls in line with the other issues. I like how he played the suspense through the supporting characters. Poor Patsy.

Like so many on here I couldn't stand the "art". I actually couldn't get past it and as much I like Soule's writing, I had to just dump the issue a few pages in. I couldn't get past the Tigra/Hellcat scene. This was the worst art I've ever seen. I used to think that JRjr was bad. This guy makes JRjr look like Ivan Reis.

come back Pulido, all is forgiven...
    I surrender to the Contest

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

I'm with the majority on the art for this issue, just wasn't my bag.

Funnily enough, I wasn't a huge fan of Pulido's stuff aesthetically when I first picked up this title, though I did like his layouts and story-telling. Having since had an issue with a different artist, I've certainly come to realise that Pulido is a really nice fit for the book and I'm looking forward to seeing him back.

As for the issue itself story-wise, I enjoyed it a lot. Simple as that really.

I'm enjoying the Blue File story, but I'm not sure of what the confusion is about the case. Someone brought an action against a bunch of super heroes, super villains and others. There's a complaint. I presume (and I could be wrong) that the complaint is in the file. So what does it say? And if the complaint is not in the file, what is? (Could be Summons with Notice, which doesn't tell anywhere the whole story, instead of a complaint.) Also why doesn't she just call counsel representing the plaintiff.

Oh, and one pet peeve. -- Hellcat's costume is not a duplicate of the Cat's, although it is similar. Cat had a claw mark on her chest, which is not on Hellcat's costume. Back in the day I thought there was a story behind that, but if there was, it's long forgotten.

I can't remember the last time I saw Wyatt Wingfoot (though I haven't read the FF in a long time, so he might be there every month, for all I know) -- Could it have been the She-Hulk graphic novel, where he and Jen, uh, you know?

I'm not going to talk about the art, but I really like the colorist on this book. Normally, I like a more realistic style on the art, but the colorist makes this book pop regardless of the artist.

Hope Angie survives South Dakota (or is it North Dakota -- I don't have the book in front of me). At any rate, not a place I want to go.

Sandy Hausler

I loved this issue, art included: I thought it looked energetic, interesting and different.

The writing is stellar.