Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think you are taking it a bit wrong. It seems to be, at Marvel at least I don't really follow other companies, that you start out on "smaller" properties and if you do well, you get to move up to the B and A list heroes. You don't get to jump straight to the Wolverine and Iron Man's of the world... you have to prove yourself with "lesser" characters. You rarely see people move "down"... and a 1970's spin off is definitely moving "down" the list, as entertaining as it may be.

I love MA and it is in my top 3 books right now easy (only Thor do I like better off the top of my head). but it is filled with "lesser" characters. Cage and She Hulk MIGHT MIGHT be B list, but Adam, Blade, Power Man, White Tiger, Monica are D list for sure.

And the fact he is selling as well as he is (looking at Vegas post) is a testament to how great this book is as it has no Spider-Man/Cap/Wolverine/Hulk/Thor/Stark ties
    This makes me wonder how many of the Mighty Avenger fans that have paid for the title monthly thus far are "new" fans (i.e. have not previously purchased a comic title monthly *or* purchased a comic title at all).

I ask as ...i personally have very little interest in most of Marvels (or DC's) offerings (if any) outside of Mighty Avengers thus the "A list" Marvel characters aren't "A List" to me. I'm not drawn to their product. I don't spend money on items with their faces on it. I like Captain America to a degree but I don't buy Cap product or books. So i can't help but wonder if the characters you mentioned as not "A List" could *be* top tier Marvel IP's if they were given a push ?

To further illustrate my point i would point to the fact that i didn't go see any of the Marvel films in a theater save the first Iron Man. I'd pay double to see a Blue Marvel film. I'd pay to see Moon Knight film if written well. I'd enjoy a Luke Cage media vehicle. I might embrace an Iron Fist movie if written well. Nothing Thor related makes me want to open my wallet.

Character tiers to someone like me , a "new" paying customer / fan , are some what odd as outside of me being informed that these "other " characters (like Monica , Adam, etc.) exist all i'd ever know about are the "A List" characters (who aren't a list to me with regard to being interesting). It seem's they are top tier because they are force fed to the fans. Cap is a great example of that. I like Cap but his patriotic character theme is a bit dated. Yet he keeps getting force fed to the fans.

BANNED

Customizer, I swear you must be an alternate version of myself from a parallel universe. That or you're my subconscious that posts here without me realizing it during blackouts or something. In other words, my sentiments exactly.

Extraordinary Member

Captain America's managed to keep a ongoing running since the 60's. So has Thor.

There are not enough Spectrum or Blue Marvel fans out there to keep a book running. Barely anybody read the Blue Marvel mini and I have no reason to think the Photon solo tryout one shot that Monica got back in the 90's did any better.

For fans who don't like any of the characters in Marvel's A-list this is kind of frustrating. But the only way for the lesser characters to get reliable play is to place them with characters that actually do sell books.

The only time that a book with Captain Britain ever sold well was when he was surrounded by popular mutants like Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde.

Black Lightning's solo series never lasted long but put him and some other C-listers next to Batman and you get the long running Batman and the Outsiders series.

Mighty Avengers is selling decently for now, but I'd feel a lot better about Mighty Avengers long term if either Spider Man, Wolverine or both were on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the title deserves to get lots of mainstream press. Including Ebony and Jet and The Root and Griot.
    IIRC Axel Alonso mentioned it in his interview with Ebony

EDIT: he didn't

http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-c...#axzz356J539ER
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Captain America's managed to keep a ongoing running since the 60's. So has Thor.
    Thor had a few years when he was believed dead, and thus had no ongoing. But aside from that, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Very good issue! PA Cage stole the show in my opinion. I want to see that guy around more.
    "Don't think you're so unbreakable I can't whup your ass from this chair, boy!"

Best line of the issue and this issue had Kaluu talking in it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    This makes me wonder how many of the Mighty Avenger fans that have paid for the title monthly thus far are "new" fans (i.e. have not previously purchased a comic title monthly *or* purchased a comic title at all).

I ask as ...i personally have very little interest in most of Marvels (or DC's) offerings (if any) outside of Mighty Avengers thus the "A list" Marvel characters aren't "A List" to me. I'm not drawn to their product. I don't spend money on items with their faces on it. I like Captain America to a degree but I don't buy Cap product or books. So i can't help but wonder if the characters you mentioned as not "A List" could *be* top tier Marvel IP's if they were given a push ?

To further illustrate my point i would point to the fact that i didn't go see any of the Marvel films in a theater save the first Iron Man. I'd pay double to see a Blue Marvel film. I'd pay to see Moon Knight film if written well. I'd enjoy a Luke Cage media vehicle. I might embrace an Iron Fist movie if written well. Nothing Thor related makes me want to open my wallet.

Character tiers to someone like me , a "new" paying customer / fan , are some what odd as outside of me being informed that these "other " characters (like Monica , Adam, etc.) exist all i'd ever know about are the "A List" characters (who aren't a list to me with regard to being interesting). It seem's they are top tier because they are force fed to the fans. Cap is a great example of that. I like Cap but his patriotic character theme is a bit dated. Yet he keeps getting force fed to the fans.
    Its the only book I regularly purchase