Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm surprised Ewing was able to restrain himself from using the Orson Randall Iron Fist in the story.
    Or Dragonfly http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/dgnflyss.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    he's had an interesting past since Ostrander's Heroes for Hire run; where he was associates with the Master (Alpha Flight villain).
    Hmmm. That was information I never knew. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    This, so much this. This book doesnt fill like so many other books. Its an old school throwback, here we have things happen, and we have a full story even though its only the first part of the story.The industry would be healthier if more writers did this.
    I definitely agree. Love how much happens in an Ewing book. I love when we see stories that fill in gaps created by the sliding timeline... and the fact that we got reference to Captain Hip from Marvel: The Lost Generation just goes to show that Ewing knows his stuff. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Dnt knw wat u saw & trying so hard 2 c but Luke's paps & Molina luk NOTHING lyk Freeman & Rodriguez.
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic given the way you've typed, but...

Yeah, looks NOTHING like them.

Although in your defense, the faces do completely change throughout the issue depending on who Land was tracing for the particular image.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Although in your defense, the faces do completely change throughout the issue depending on who Land was tracing for the particular image.
    Yeah, Molina just looked like every single other woman Land has ever traced. She looks like his Monica, his Ultimate Sue Storm, his She-Hulk, his Emma Frost, his Pepper Potts. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic given the way you've typed, but...

Yeah, looks NOTHING like them.

Not to defend Land but I don't see Freeman and especially Rodriguez in the panels you posted. Hell, Luke's Dad looks more like a black version of the blind teacher from Kung Fu in that panel than anything lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, Molina just looked like every single other woman Land has ever traced. She looks like his Monica, his Ultimate Sue Storm, his She-Hulk, his Emma Frost, his Pepper Potts. . . .
    Did you enjoy reading the book though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Did you enjoy reading the book though?
    Of course. I've said plenty that Ewing's killing it on the writing.

All-New Member

Really enjoyed this issue, though one thing confused me. Didn't Blade not become half-vampire until the modern era, when Morbius bit him? Before that, he was immortal and could sense vampires or something but didn't have any actual vampire powers, right?

Incredible Member

Blade's dad was revealed to be a Latverian vampire in his last solo series. The vampire characteristics were there from the beginning. Just not as full fledged.

I feel like this book is starting to lose its way. I'll give it a few more issues to find out. I loved this book early on because it seemed like such a classic Avengers structure: a threat arises and the team unites to take it down, or (in the subsequent story) a member has a problem and the team helps them sort it out.

I understand that Ewing is playing with the concepts of Original Sin, but instead of doing stories about the team, we're instead really getting character-specific stories. This one was primarily about Luke Cage and the previous one was about the Blue Marvel. On top of that, this issue messes with Kaluu's continuity a bit, which is weird, because Ewing seemed to be a big fan of the character.

I don't mean to imply that I didn't enjoy the comic, just that isn't the type of story I was buying it for.

Also, this may be the best art I've seen from Land in a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Of course. I've said plenty that Ewing's killing it on the writing.
    The wait between issues is soooooo frustrating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Blade's dad was revealed to be a Latverian vampire in his last solo series. The vampire characteristics were there from the beginning. Just not as full fledged.
    If you're referring to the Blade book written by Marc Guggenheim then I'm afraid thr writer in question didn't know what the frak he was writing about and just chose to shove a bunch of retcons into Blade's backstory that made zero sense.

Going back to the original Tomb Of Dracucla books that came out in the 1970's, it was firmly established that Blade's immunity to vampire bites was due to the fact that Deacon Frost's attack on Blade's mother as she was giving birth to him, altered him in the womb.

All that Latverian clap trap that Guggenheim came with later was a load of bollocks.

Glam Rock Dracula vs. Spork good times and now I want Kaluu to join the current team. I feel repetitive just going on how much I love this book every issue but it's damn true. Best book on my pull once again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    If you're referring to the Blade book written by Marc Guggenheim then I'm afraid thr writer in question didn't know what the frak he was writing about and just chose to shove a bunch of retcons into Blade's backstory that made zero sense.

Going back to the original Tomb Of Dracucla books that came out in the 1970's, it was firmly established that Blade's immunity to vampire bites was due to the fact that Deacon Frost's attack on Blade's mother as she was giving birth to him, altered him in the womb.

All that Latverian clap trap that Guggenheim came with later was a load of bollocks.
    Yep best forget about that junk.