Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default All-New All-Different Spider-Man Sales

Newsarama has the first sales reports for the October 2015 comics. Spider-Man has a strong showing in the top ten, which Marvel swept.

http://www.newsarama.com/26682-marve...ook-sales.html

1. Invincible Iron Man #1
    2. Amazing Spider-Man #1
    3. Radioactive Spider-Gwen #1

4. Secret Wars #6
    5. Doctor Strange #1
    6. Star Wars #10
    7. Chewbacca #1
    8. JOURNEY TO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS: SHATTERED EMPIRE #2
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy #1
    10. Amazing Spider-Man #2

Spider-Gwen also debuted well.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

I'm curious where Invincible Iron man #2 ranks.

I had a few thoughts.

1: Wow, Iron Man really did make it to the top, just like Marvel wanted. Of course, ASM probably made more money because it was a higher priced issue (and ASM #2 is also in the top 10 whereas IIM #2 is not.)

2: Really good debut for Spider-Gwen. Looks like having two #1 issues in the same year didn't hurt at all.

3: That's a rather high debut for a Dr. Strange comic. Is this because of the upcoming movie? Or was the public hungry for Dr. Strange following his high profile appearances in stuff like Hickman's New Avengers and Secret Wars? And obviously putting high profile creators like Aaron and Bachalo on the title didn't hurt either. (Edit: Bachalo wasn't initially interested in doing Dr. Strange and suggested to Aaron that they do a Spidey book together.)

4: Have the delays hurt Secret Wars? Or is placing at 4 just a natural for a high profile event comic on its 6th issue in the face of all these new #1s? (Peter and Miles are rather prominent in this issue.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 11-06-2015 at 11:03 AM.

BANNED

Great start. I see ASM staying permanently in the top 10. Can't say the same about Iron man.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

I think it's important to remember these numbers are items bought by retailers and not necessarily actual "sales" to customers although I hope people are checking out Dr. Strange because it's great. Spidey continues to get lots of orders which is great. Still the flagship character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    I think it's important to remember these numbers are items bought by retailers and not necessarily actual "sales" to customers although I hope people are checking out Dr. Strange because it's great. Spidey continues to get lots of orders which is great. Still the flagship character.
    Well, I don't think that was ever in question. He's the biggest character, and It's not even close.

Glad to see Iron Man and Doctor Strange doing well. The first issue of Spider Man was awesome. Love the new direction of the character.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Well, I don't think that was ever in question. He's the biggest character, and It's not even close.
    I dunno. Invincible Iron Man #1 tracked higher. Maybe Peter should join Awesome Facial Hair Bros. We saw it did wonders for IIM and Dr. Strange.

Exactly. I don't see how that was ever in question. Iron Man is just very well known now and Marvel wants to captitalize on it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I dunno. Invincible Iron Man #1 tracked higher. Maybe Peter should join Awesome Facial Hair Bros. We saw it did wonders for IIM and Dr. Strange.
    The #1 was expected to be huge: it's a big creative team with lots of hype, and yet #2 is already out of top 10.

Incredible Member

That's because of RDJ and people knowing the films. It always makes characters more popular ( and changes the comic character to be more like the screen character) it happened previously with Wesley Snipes and Blade. Hell it even happened with Emma Stone and Gwen. I'm sure if the new Spidey film is good it will happen with Tom Holland too. So I wouldn't worry to much.

The #1 was expected to be huge: it's a big creative team with lots of hype, and yet #2 is already out of top 10.
    And Marvel is clearly crying about that! Invincible Iron Man will be canceled! They won't publish International Iron Man! They're kicking him out of the Avengers! How dare he have one single issue that tracked above Spider-Man! This is an outrage!
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 11-06-2015 at 11:31 AM.

BANNED

And Marvel is clearly crying about that! Invincible Iron Man will be canceled! They won't publish International Iron Man! They're kicking him out of the Avengers! How dare he have one single issue that tracked about Spider-Man! This is an outrage!
    Really?! I thought ASM (and all the spider-line) was the one to get canceled.

I'm not surprised about Invincible Iron Man doing so well considering Marvel has been pulling out all the stops to make it a hit and the #1 they want it to be for their company (even if Spidey will always be #1), though it'll be interesting to see if it's success really continues in the coming months.

I'm not sure if International will do as well, though Bendis and Maleev will probably draw in a lot of readers, but I'm sure Marvel wants it to be.

I wonder if Marvel will push Iron Man as hard as they're pushing the Inhumans?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    The one caveat I'd throw in-- about the orders vs issues sold debate-- is this:

ASM has consistently put 2 issues in the Top 10 for about 3 years now.
    That means that retailers are ordering that heavily because they know there's an in-store demand for it.

If a retailer had been ordering that heavy for 3 years and not selling through, they'd be very foolish to keep ordering that many month-in and month-out.

Fair?