Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This was the best issue so far. I was initially more interested in the modern narrative than the flashbacks but this may have swayed me differently. I'm hoping we get a little more into Mother next week.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Actually, one thing that is niggling at me - the guy paid 40 million for a bespoke wife? I mean, I get it's an exclusive club, that that still seems excessive when she's just going to age out of his tastes (no, I don't believe any guy who'll pay for a women made to his specs will want one who looks over 25) and then he'll need a new one anyway. Or does it come with free refills? How has he been convinced that this is a good deal?
    She won't care if he has mistresses. She'll age gracefully and behave appropriately towards the people he want to impress in his public face, and he'll get his sex on with a young co-ed who can't blackmail him when his wife already knows.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

This was really good. As I said in the other thread - better than the main Bat-book this week. It has me wanting a title that does nothing but explore the 5 year time jump

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    This was really good. As I said in the other thread - better than the main Bat-book this week. It has me wanting a title that does nothing but explore the 5 year time jump
    I've been wanting a title that does that for a long while now.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    She won't care if he has mistresses. She'll age gracefully and behave appropriately towards the people he want to impress in his public face, and he'll get his sex on with a young co-ed who can't blackmail him when his wife already knows.

All of which is available for less than 40 million. I mean, even if you get off on women being trafficked into slavery it won't cost you that much. There has to be something else included in the package.

ETA: Anyway, this is just a niggle of something that I should have just let myself gloss over.
    Last edited by HellHere; 11-11-2015 at 06:02 PM.

BANNED

All of which is available for less than 40 million. I mean, even if you get off on women being trafficked into slavery it won't cost you that much. There has to be something else included in the package.
    Oh dear, how do you know

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Also, Dick going back for Cass and Harper... that's apparently not what Bruce did. Dick wanted the two to be safe in Gotham while Dick went ahead and found out what was going on. But Bruce literally called Dick down to the Batcave and told him to pack up so that they could go on a dangerous adventure to Prague... Isn't that exactly what Dick is doing now? The opposite of what Bruce did would be to do what Dick wanted to do originally...
    I looked at the comparison like this:
    1) Bruce kept Mother hidden from the Batfam and even his own computers to keep them safe.
    2) Dick decided after being prodded by Jason to bring Cass and Harp along instead of leaving them safely at his Gotham apartment.

"...But isn't that exactly the kind of thinking from Bruce that got you into this mess?"
    "the kind of thinking" = leaving Cass/Harp behind in safety
    "this mess" = ?maybe the Mother meltdown, Cass showing up with the USB, the gala attack, Orphan being Orphan, etc?

I don't know, maybe I'm off on that. It does seem odd that there's also the exact parallel just a few pages earlier with young Dick going to Prague.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Dick-Harper-Cass is gonna be an awesome team.
    I kind of feel bad for Orphan: he's already down 1 arm and that's just from fighting Cass! Now a super-secret-agent is coming and a female punk teen MacGyver with Borg-tech taser rifles. Mother needs some help! Maybe she'll pull Azrael out of her hat or flip the control switch on one of the three.

All of which is available for less than 40 million... There has to be something else included in the package.
    I think the high price gets more than a beautiful person with similar interests just to start. She was programmed to his exact requirements. With that kind of manipulation he could have made one requirement "your tastes will always align with mine" or something so changes over time are taken care of. Also, I think this guy is a 100s millionaire so 40mil is just another huge mansion to him.

Real good issue overall. Excellent flashback. And I'm glad Jason gave some sound advice and appeared mature for once and not just a rebel tough. Though I like beer drinking, trash talking Jase too, just not all the time.

I was worried Cass wasn't going to show up but I'm glad she finally appeared. I wish there was some kind of character building with her after her crying and getting support from Harp last issue. Maybe that interaction is coming with Valentine which is fine by me since she's a great writer IMO based on Catwoman.

The art has been up and down though the one close up with Cass was very nice: pretty face, blowing hair, and she's kind of curiously reaching her left hand out front tentatively. Great pic.

Batman_Robin_Eternal_06_p18_Cass.png

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    . . . Oh, almost forgot, Dick going from motorcycle to the airplane was pretty fantastic. Loved that scene.
    But that whole sequence seemed so . . . familiar.

(But, yeah, Bucky/Robin didn't die or fall into the water where he was frozen and then recovered by the Commies who turned him into a killing machine, though Dick is now a spy in the present day.)

Anyone else notice how Dick and Gordan both did the "please work" chant this week.

Whatever happened to Cullen? I hope someone told him that his sister is alive.

Incredible Member

Anyone who loves or has ever loved Batman and Robin moments has to love this!

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Anyone who loves or has ever loved Batman and Robin moments has to love this!
    Well, not really . . . I found a lot more enjoyable Batman and Robin moments back in the pre-CoIE days, or even in the pre-Flashpoint period.

BANNED

Cullen will show up when they have to make Harper look like the awesome defender of poor gay dudes in trouble,otherwise he's irrelevant. and to think DC is wasting time with these characters when they could push the actual gay badass Midnighter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Cullen will show up when they have to make Harper look like the awesome defender of poor gay dudes in trouble,otherwise he's irrelevant.
    Huh? Is Judd Winick back to DC and I didn't know anything about that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, not really . . . I found a lot more enjoyable Batman and Robin moments back in the pre-CoIE days, or even in the pre-Flashpoint period.
    Pre-Flashpoint >>>>> Post-Flashpoint, IMO, at all levels, but sadly it's gone and its not coming back.