View Poll Results: How do you feel?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT! This reveal makes me so happy.

36 13.58%
  • Very pleased. Mutant, gay and proud.

33 12.45%
  • Pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this revelation.

17 6.42%
  • Just relieved Bendis didn’t have 05 Bobby and adult Bobby different sexualities

11 4.15%
  • Indifferent; I genuinely don’t care if he’s gay or str8

86 32.45%
  • I don’t know how I feel?

6 2.26%
  • Disappointed. 05 Bobby as gay fine, but not adult Bobby

26 9.81%
  • Very annoyed. Neither Bobby should be gay.

19 7.17%
  • HATE IT! This retcon makes me so upset.

31 11.70%
Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Question ULTIMATE TRUTH! How do CBR posters feel about Iceman being gay?

A simple poll; now we've (finally ) had this confirmed in Uncanny X-men #600. What is the overall consensus of the revelation byt CBR posters? This is not necessary about the way it was told (i.e. execution, Bendis' writing style); but more the concept or the over-reacting result of BOTH our Bobby's being revealed as gay. Regardless how it was done, it's done now. So how do you feel about this (since it will, in all likelihood, never change)? This was a game changer for Iceman, and you can never go back home again.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    This was a game changer for Iceman, and you can never go back home again.
    While I just said this elsewhere, this character has been changing for his entire history. The idea that there ever was a "home" that you can "go back to" is sort of goofy.

Honestly indifferent. Don't care one bit about his sexuality.
    Reading that conversation between Teen Jean and Bobby again made me laugh though. It's as direct as a punch to the face.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I have rarely cared about Bobby in the past and haven't changed my apathy towards him now.

Kinda indifferent but if it was written by someone besides Bendis...I probably still wouldn't care but at least it would've been better written.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Indifferent. I mean why would anybody let their feelings get attached to what someone does in their life that has nothing to do with them or anyone else?

It is quite difficult to separate the revelation from the execution. I still can't help but think that, say, Peter David could've had Bobby come out as gay and make you believe it. Mr Bendis just doesn't have the writer-fu to pull it off. Comic books as a medium are all about the execution. I didn't buy this reveal and I don't dig the retcon of adult Iceman's sexual preference, but that's nobody's fault but the creative team who did it.

Fantastic Member

Are those panels the extent to which Bendis provided to reveal that Bobby is/was a homosexual? It is all I have to go on, without having the actual comic.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    Are those panels the extent to which Bendis provided to reveal that Bobby is/was a homosexual? It is all I have to go on, without having the actual comic.
    There were a couple more where Bobby said something like "Are you sure? Maybe I'm bi..." and Jean said "No, you're totally gay!". Seriously.

BANNED

Indiferent, I do not mind if Bobby is gay or straight

Spectacular Member

I genuinely don't care about anything Iceman does

Lol. Teen Jean is actually one of the worst characters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    There were a couple more where Bobby said something like "Are you sure? Maybe I'm bi..." and Jean said "No, you're totally gay!". Seriously.
    And that's my problem with this whole thing apparently Jeen knows more about Bobby's sexuality than he does!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Lol. Teen Jean is actually one of the worst characters ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    And that's my problem with this whole thing apparently Jeen knows more about Bobby's sexuality than he does!
    Thanks. I haven't read the issue, or X-Men in a while, just wanted to be informed on the story part of it. Seems a bit tedious, seems to be the best word I can put on it, to have time travel and psychics involved in telling the very human story of a person's sexuality. Either way, whatever Bobby does in his bed and who it is with, is his business. Sexuality isn't all a person is made up of.

Where's my "this whole thing was terribly written" option?