View Poll Results: How do you feel?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT! This reveal makes me so happy.

36 13.58%
  • Very pleased. Mutant, gay and proud.

33 12.45%
  • Pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this revelation.

17 6.42%
  • Just relieved Bendis didn’t have 05 Bobby and adult Bobby different sexualities

11 4.15%
  • Indifferent; I genuinely don’t care if he’s gay or str8

86 32.45%
  • I don’t know how I feel?

6 2.26%
  • Disappointed. 05 Bobby as gay fine, but not adult Bobby

26 9.81%
  • Very annoyed. Neither Bobby should be gay.

19 7.17%
  • HATE IT! This retcon makes me so upset.

31 11.70%
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    That some guys aren't boyfriend material?
    That a gay man makes a great friend but not such a great boyfriend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Christian Grey is gay?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    But isn't All New Xmen basically an ongoing retcon?
    While I will entertain this as an eventual possibility, existing continuity has not yet changed based on the title.

Keep digging.

BANNED

Keep digging.
    So all straight guys make great boyfriends?

Your stance is the one that takes leaps of logic... Not even the decency to answer my questions.

We are talking about one guy. The guy she mentioned might make a good friend but not be boyfriend material. You might have missed that.

If that's the case, she's not talking about all straight guys. You might want to reread what you quoted.

BANNED

We are talking about one guy. The guy she mentioned might make a good friend but not be boyfriend material. You might have missed that.

If that's the case, she's not talking about all straight guys. You might want to reread what you quoted.
    And just because he's a bad boyfriend doesn't mean he's gay, either. I mean, earlier in the quote from the interview, Marjorie pretty much said so. "Pretty much" meaning "pretty effing plainly". But, they, that's just me reading what I quoted! Yup yup!

And just because he's a bad boyfriend doesn't mean he's gay, either. I mean, earlier in the quote from the interview, Marjorie pretty much said so. "Pretty much" meaning "pretty effing plainly". But, they, that's just me reading what I quoted! Yup yup!
    She also says "If he comes out, that's alright too." Seems like you may have missed that, too.

You do not allow for that possibility if you are completely certain a character is heterosexual. Once you add that to the "Really Good Friend/Not Boyfriend" line, she probably had an insight that hadn't even dawned on her.

BANNED

Time for my controversial opinion that'll probably piss off a lot of people. I think the Iceman reveal is really... Gay

BANNED

She also says "If he comes out, that's alright too." Seems like you may have missed that, too.

You do not allow for that possibility if you are completely certain a character is heterosexual. Once you add that to the "Really Good Friend/Not Boyfriend" line, she probably had an insight that hadn't even dawned on her.
    That hadn't even dawned on her?!? I'm fairly sure that "Insight" is defined as the understanding of a specific cause and effect in a specific context...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-10-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

I think Iceman being gay is totally cool.

Not a fan of how Bendis did it(not a fan of Bendis in general, let alone this whole O5 in the present anyways, let alone little Jean being a nosy rude girl...), but I am part of the fandom that saw this angle many moons ago. Does it paint his (failed) past relationships in a new light? Yes. Is it impossible for a gay man to have sex and feelings for women in the past? Nope.

Do I wish Kyle was never a thing and Northstar and Bobby could get together? You bet!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    That hadn't dawn on her?!? I'm fairly sure that "Insight" is defined as the understanding of a specific cause and effect in a specific context.
    Good thing you are only "fairly" sure.

a deep understanding of a person or thing.

BANNED

She said "that's alright" as if to say, she'd be OK with that "revelation" if another writer wanted to go in that direction (meaning she's not upset with what Bendis did, as confirmed by her Tweets). But she clearly, plain as day stated she that viewed him as heterosexual. Next time you respond, make sure you include that part of the interview. Why do you keep denying this?

She said "that's alright" as if to say, she'd be OK with that "revelation" if another writer wanted to go in that direction. But she clearly stated she viewed him as heterosexual. Why do you keep denying this?
    No one denied it. I said she pointed out a clear aspect of Bobby's character that points to the possibility that the would eventually come out as a gay man. That would be the "insight".

BANNED

No one denied it. I said she pointed out a clear aspect of Bobby's character that points to the possibility that the would eventually come out as a gay man. That would be the "insight".
    She's a writer. She very likely has a good grasp on the concept that "anything is possible" and understands the power of the retcon.

I was calling attention to people who use Marjorie Lie as some sort of authority on the "Iceman is gay" matter, yet she (previous to the outing) clearly viewed him as heterosexual. If you're not addressing this, then we're not really having a discussion together.