View Poll Results: How do you feel?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT! This reveal makes me so happy.

36 13.58%
  • Very pleased. Mutant, gay and proud.

33 12.45%
  • Pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this revelation.

17 6.42%
  • Just relieved Bendis didn’t have 05 Bobby and adult Bobby different sexualities

11 4.15%
  • Indifferent; I genuinely don’t care if he’s gay or str8

86 32.45%
  • I don’t know how I feel?

6 2.26%
  • Disappointed. 05 Bobby as gay fine, but not adult Bobby

26 9.81%
  • Very annoyed. Neither Bobby should be gay.

19 7.17%
  • HATE IT! This retcon makes me so upset.

31 11.70%
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Good thing you are only "fairly" sure.
    Don't reply to my posts if you're going add dialog to it under the guise that it's what I meant and or intended to say... It's rude and disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I was calling attention to people who use Marjorie Lie as some sort of authority on the "Iceman is gay" matter, yet she (previous to the outing) clearly viewed him as heterosexual. If you're not addressing this, then we're not really having a discussion together.
    She did try to say she viewed him as a heterosexual. I doing so, she pointed out a pretty obvious flaw in that reasoning.

If you want to ignore that it pretty clearly happened in what you quoted, that's up to you.

BANNED

She did try to say she viewed him as a heterosexual. I doing so, she pointed out a pretty obvious flaw in that reasoning.

If you want to ignore that it pretty clearly happened in what you quoted, that's up to you.
    What flaw? That's he's a heterosexual man who's bad at relationships?

Being bad at relationships is not definitive evidence of homosexuality. Otherwise, straight men would have to be defending their sexuality rampantly.

Being bad at relationships is not definitive evidence of homosexuality. Otherwise, straight men would have to be defending their sexuality rampantly.
    Correction. He is a homosexual man.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

First, straight men have nothing to do with discussing Bobby being gay.

Second, you should consider what it means when you have to say "not definitive evidence". You are already moving the goal post because what she is saying about Bobby points to a pretty obvious hitch in her assertion that he is straight.

BANNED

First, straight men have nothing to do with discussing Bobby being gay.

Second, you should consider what it means when you have to say "not definitive evidence". You are already moving the goal post because what she is saying about Bobby points to a pretty obvious hitch in her assertion that he is straight.
    1. Sure. Bobby was straight, according to Marjorie Liu, the supposed expert on his homosexuality, and referenced just recently as of today in the Iceman Appreciation thread.

2. If you hear of a man in a relationship with a woman and it ends badly, your first thought is, "well he's gay"?

2. If you hear of a man in a relationship with a woman and it ends badly, your first thought is, "well he's gay"?
    I think "Makes sense" once he says "Actually, I am gay."

BANNED

I think "Makes sense" once he says "Actually, I am gay."
    We're not discussing that, though. What we're discussing came before that.

Please, pay attention.

We're not discussing that, though. What we're discussing came before that.

Please, pay attention.
    Come to the now. Just let it go bro.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Come to the now. Just let it go bro.

Oh I accept Iceman's homosexuality (few retcons "seriously" bother me [looking at you, Avengers Disassembled/HoM/CC]). I have a few hangups on the exact details of the revelation, but that's minor.

I'm just looking at the humor in people using Liu as a champion, given her interview I linked.

I don't really care about Bobby's sexuality. It's an interesting development but the execution was awful. Extremely awful. Bobbby's exploring of his sexuality as well as his coming out would have made for an engaging story but it was reduced to a couple of scenes where for some reason teen Jean has to be present.

Oh I accept Iceman's homosexuality (few retcons "seriously" bother me [looking at you, Avengers Disassembled/HoM/CC]). I have a few hangups on the exact details of the revelation, but that's minor.

I'm just looking at the humor in people using Liu as a champion, given her interview I linked.
    Well, to be fair, she basically espouses both points of view in that passage, so you can take from it what you will.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I did not say he was interested in her i pointed out another example of female interactions that Iceman has had prior to this revelation.
    Since that panel is up Iceman clearly states that he has a GIRLFRIEND that has a lot to do with his sexuality.
    It has more to do with his relationship status, particularly inasmuch as he's trying to tell someone obsessed with him that he's uninterested in her. How many women seeking a quick exit have talked about entirely fictitious boyfriends?

Incredible Member

1. Sure. Bobby was straight, according to Marjorie Liu, the supposed expert on his homosexuality, and referenced just recently as of today in the Iceman Appreciation thread.
    You are aware of her much more recent posts on Twitter, the ones explicitly stating she wrote Bobby Drake as being in the closet and that she thought this made sense of his relationships?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyMcDonald View Post
    You are aware of her much more recent posts on Twitter, the ones explicitly stating she wrote Bobby Drake as being in the closet and that she thought this made sense of his relationships?
    I hope not!