View Poll Results: How do you feel?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT! This reveal makes me so happy.

36 13.58%
  • Very pleased. Mutant, gay and proud.

33 12.45%
  • Pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this revelation.

17 6.42%
  • Just relieved Bendis didn’t have 05 Bobby and adult Bobby different sexualities

11 4.15%
  • Indifferent; I genuinely don’t care if he’s gay or str8

86 32.45%
  • I don’t know how I feel?

6 2.26%
  • Disappointed. 05 Bobby as gay fine, but not adult Bobby

26 9.81%
  • Very annoyed. Neither Bobby should be gay.

19 7.17%
  • HATE IT! This retcon makes me so upset.

31 11.70%
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Emma Frost straight up violated Bobby and tried to have him shot dead. Frost fans sure have a way of warping the facts about that cheap and abusive character.
    1.-I have come to terms with the fact that we are not supposed to remember all the evil **** Emma Frost did in the past. She took control of Storm's body and allowed Sebastian Shaw to rape her, helped Mastermind control and rape Jean Grey, provoking the chain of events that ended with Dark Phoenix killing a planet and committing suicide. Tried to brainwash Kitty Pride and turn her into her pet. Killed Firestar's beloved horse in order to make her fall into depression and manipulate her more easily. Earned money from the sale of Sentinels murderbots...etc.

If we remember all that crap, the behaviour or the X-Men towards her becomes incomprehensible. Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey should have threatened to leave the X-Men when Xavier entrusted Frost with Generation X. Or what the f**k, they should have ganged on her and sent her back to coma.

Not to mention how well the X-Men as a whole took it when Cyclops cheated on Jean Grey with the woman who had her raped, and helped corrupt her and make her go mad, provoking her suicide.

So, in order for Emma Frost's story to make an ounce of sense, we have to accept that a) The X-Men are a bunch of sociopaths, or b) The evil past of Emma Frost has been retconned out of existance. For the sake of my own enjoyment of the books, I have to go for b).

2.-And anyways, Iceman was supposed to have said it as an insult against Jeen. It being true or false isn't that relevant.
    Last edited by Habis; 11-08-2015 at 07:09 AM.

BANNED

Okay then. Didn't Emma do the exact same thing to her Gay Student in UXM under BMB? You know... what's his name again?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I would have loved it if had gone like this:

Jeen: You are gay!
    Old Bobby: Actually, I'm heteroromantic bisexual.
    Jeen: Wha...?
    Young Bobby: What does that even means?
    Old Bobby: I am sexually attracted to both, but I won't romance men. Most of my male friends are both hetero and assholes, anyways.
    Young Bobby: But why doesn't any of the other X-Men know about that?
    Old Bobby: Because what I do with my dick it is none of their business. Also, they are assholes and I don't want to discuss my romantic life with them. By the way, Emma knows, but unlike you, she is respectful enough as to not meddle with my private feelings.
    Jeen: Liking both? Is that even a thing? You are making this up!
    Old Bobby: Go back to the sixties, you nosy bitch.
    Eisner material right here.

Incredible Member

Okay then. Didn't Emma do the exact same thing to her Gay Student in UXM under BMB? You know... what's his name again?
    Ben Deeds. He came out to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    1.-I have come to terms with the fact that we are not supposed to remember all the evil **** Emma Frost did in the past. She took control of Storm's body and allowed Sebastian Shaw to rape her, helped Mastermind control and rape Jean Grey, provoking the chain of events that ended with Dark Phoenix killing a planet and committing suicide. Tried to brainwash Kitty Pride and turn her into her pet. Killed Firestar's beloved horse in order to make her fall into depression and manipulate her more easily. Earned money from the sale of Sentinels murderbots...etc.

If we remember all that crap, the behaviour or the X-Men towards her becomes incomprehensible. Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey should have threatened to leave the X-Men when Xavier entrusted Frost with Generation X. Or what the f**k, they should have ganged on her and sent her back to coma.

Not to mention how well the X-Men as a whole took it when Cyclops cheated on Jean Grey with the woman who had her raped, and helped corrupt her and make her go mad, provoking her suicide.

So, in order for Emma Frost's story to make an ounce of sense, we have to accept that a) The X-Men are a bunch of sociopaths, or b) The evil past of Emma Frost has been retconned out of existance. For the sake of my own enjoyment of the books, I have to go for b).

2.-And anyways, Iceman was supposed to have said it as an insult against Jeen. It being true or false isn't that relevant.
    Out of curiosity how many of these rape stories were written by Claremont? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    My one question mark is this; purely because that (having str8 relationships before they come out) is something that gay men do. Not every time a gay character comes out do we need a long exploration of bisexuality. Bendis acknowledged the question, which is good; but the answer was no. He isn't bi. What more is needed? It is common for some gay men to come out as bi, then later come out as gay, this happens. But plenty just come out as gay and don't explore their bisexuality; or know it's not a possibility. This isn't uncommon either.
    It's just in Bobby's own word he knew from very begining that he's gay not bi and every relationship he had was only an attempt to force himself to try to be a straight. So he lied to every girlfriend he had. He never was even attracted to them because his gay not bi.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Meh, there should've been a "Couldn't care less about Iceman's romantic life, but man was the execution was awful. Someone punch that ginger douchebag in the face already" option.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-08-2015 at 08:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Ben Deeds. He came out to her.
    Of course he did...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by diabaz View Post
    So he lied to every girlfriend he had. He never was even attracted to them because his gay not bi.
    It's okay, they enjoyed it.

I still feel the situation is needlessly forced and just like I prefer new black characters being made rather than having a character's race changed (Being black and all), or gender changed (Spider-whoever), I'd prefer they create NEW interesting gay, race, gender characters instead of changing decades long established characters. It comes off as forced and pandering and gives the impression that new characters of such types are impossible to create from scratch and establish a fan base for those particular demographics.

That being said. I will give Bendis this. At the very least, I didn't get an eye rolling reaction out of how #600 finally solved the 'mystery'. The dialogue was at the very least believable.

HOWEVER, I now think this makes Bobby come off as an incredible lying douche over the years when it comes to every female relationship he's ever had when deep down he knew they ultimately would never go anywhere, and it feels he needlessly put some of those women in danger with no true hopes for a pay off (Yeah, when you want to change continuity of a character you have to accept ALL of the repercussions of that change. No buffeting it.). I really feel for Opal now more than ever. And maybe the whole Mystique thing was the fact she could shape change?

FRANKLY, I would have been able to believe that Bobby was Bisexual more so than him being straight up 100% gay. Probably would have gotten less backlash if that was the direction taken.

Quote Originally Posted by diabaz View Post
    It's just in Bobby's own word he knew from very begining that he's gay not bi and every relationship he had was only an attempt to force himself to try to be a straight. So he lied to every girlfriend he had. He never was even attracted to them because his gay not bi.
    This statement is pretty much my primary issue with all of this, because you're right. He more or less knowingly played with the emotions of every woman he ever encountered and hit on (and that list is crazy long) just to make himself feel better. He's secondary mutant power might as well be self-centered and selfish.

They should have made him bi. Now he just comes off as a bigger douchebag than he normally does.

BANNED

Don't care at all about the sexuality aspect (though it's nice, all things being equal, to have another LGBT major character), but I do like Iceman and have since the Spider-Man cartoon. Hopefully this will mean a continued presence in the books, instead of wallpaper status.

Simple answer: no. Also his name is Morph [Benjamin Deeds]

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I still don't care about Iceman. Course I would had enjoyed it more had Emma been there in the room with them
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

It's okay, they enjoyed it.
    Nope. All his relationship was more a less disaster. That was a primary source of all this jokes about Iceman been gay that let us all to Bendis conclusion.