Thread: Selling Comics

Reddkryten

Default Selling Comics

Hello there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, this just seemed to be the most appropriate. I was just wondering if I could ask, what is the best way to sell comics in the UK.

I'm pruning my collection, I went through a few old boxes and sorted the ones I wanted to keep and the ones I didn't care about. There were a bunch of poorly written Batman crossovers which I will be happy to never see again.

I skimmed an online price guide and skimmed a few, some are worthless, others are worth the cover price, and a few are worth ten times their original price.

What would be the best way of getting rid of those. I am sure I could eBay the comics individually, but I imagine that would be slow. I could just take the boxes to a 2nd hand shop, but I doubt they would look at the individual value, however it would be faster.

Are there any other good options?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddkryten View Post
    Hello there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, this just seemed to be the most appropriate. I was just wondering if I could ask, what is the best way to sell comics in the UK.

I'm pruning my collection, I went through a few old boxes and sorted the ones I wanted to keep and the ones I didn't care about. There were a bunch of poorly written Batman crossovers which I will be happy to never see again.

I skimmed an online price guide and skimmed a few, some are worthless, others are worth the cover price, and a few are worth ten times their original price.

What would be the best way of getting rid of those. I am sure I could eBay the comics individually, but I imagine that would be slow. I could just take the boxes to a 2nd hand shop, but I doubt they would look at the individual value, however it would be faster.

Are there any other good options?
    I'd suggest a combination of the two. Bundle the items that you think will sell, and then get rid of the bulk not worth the effort the easy way. Seems to be your best course to condense while recouping some value.

Amazing Member

I got about 3 tubs full of books from the past 20 years up for sale. Just going to place a add on the board at my local supermarket, at half off cover price if 50 bucks spent.

Incredible Member

I've never tried Ebay as it may take an eternity to sell them and I just want to get rid of my single issues due to space that I simply take them to my LCS for store credit.