Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

See, I don't have any interest in a 31st Century Justice League title. I see THE LEGION being a much larger story. The story of an entire generation, a return to form. The start of a whole new heroic age. Young adults from across the universe banding together to carry on the tradition of the Man of Tomorrow.

I want to see the legacies of certain characters, but Superman is the only legacy needed for the franchise. There needs to be a big red \S/ in the lineup.

If a 31st century Justice league book is successful, dc could try a whole line similar to marvel 2099 line and spin off a 31st century Legion title too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There is a 31st century Justice League book out right now that no one ever seems to talk about.

I don't expect a 31st century Justice League book about disposable clones to be popular. The 31st century Flash clones look more like Kenny of South Park. I do have fond memories of Legion of Super-Heroes 206 (1970s) where the clones of Invisible Kid and Ferro Lad blew up when the clones reached their expiration date.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 06-11-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There is a 31st century Justice League book out right now that no one ever seems to talk about.
    Because no body asked for it and it's a poor replacement for the Legion as a concept.

I think that the names are fine, yeah they're silly, but they worked for the cartoon, sometimes you need to embrace the silly instead of running away from it.

I think we might be a little too cynical about what fans will and won't accept.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Anyone else read PROPHET?

That would be an awesome team for a LEGION book (since I'll never get there).
    It would be, but Brandon Graham has no interest in working for the Big Two, having been jerked around in the past. Once he's done with Prophet, he's strictly doing his own projects.

Picking up some of the artists like Simon Roy would be a coup, though. Although I guess it might alienate some fans who want more a traditional style.

BANNED

Another way to freshen it up would be to do it in more of an "Earth 2" sort of way, in the sense that the various characters are generally working independently, and we are reading about them all in this book. "The Legion" could be more of a metatextual term, rather than the actual name of the team in the book, which wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Yeah, i wonder how it's doing, sales wise?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Yeah, i wonder how it's doing, sales wise?
    12/2013: Justice League 3K #1 -- 57,726
    01/2014: Justice League 3K #2 -- 41,423 (-28.2%)
    02/2014: Justice League 3K #3 -- 33,308 (-19.6%)
    03/2014: Justice League 3K #4 -- 30,127 (- 9.6%)
    04/2014: Justice League 3K #5 -- 27,529 (- 8.6%)

Astonishing Member

Whoever said time skip, I agree with that.

Astonishing Member

I think having a time jump the way morrison wrote them in action comics looks good. The one with Cosmic Man, Saturn Woman and Lightning Man

I believe you have to start fresh.

Time to close the chapter and reimagine an Earth brighter than the present day dark and gloomy DCU. Start with The Trio saving Brande, and build the team as a goal to help the entire universe, with members from other planets and cultures. That's what I always loved about the Green Lantern Corps. Blok, Tellus, and the rest gave the Legion diversity, which it needs. It would be nice as a long time reader to see a few faves like Ferro too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Anyone else read PROPHET?

That would be an awesome team for a LEGION book (since I'll never get there).
    I mentioned that very book in my post on page 2. The world building there is fantastic, and the issues are perfuse with a melancholy that is heart wrenching.

That said, the characters themselves aren't terribly relatable and many seem to find the narrative to be confusingly dense. So I'm not sure if it's what DC is really looking for, but I'd certainly love it.

Of the newer crop of writers, my gut is that Al Ewing has the most chance of delivering something that satisfies all comers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thechief View Post
    I believe you have to start fresh.

Time to close the chapter and reimagine an Earth brighter than the present day dark and gloomy DCU. Start with The Trio saving Brande, and build the team as a goal to help the entire universe, with members from other planets and cultures. That's what I always loved about the Green Lantern Corps. Blok, Tellus, and the rest gave the Legion diversity, which it needs. It would be nice as a long time reader to see a few faves like Ferro too.
    So start fresh, and then have things be generally the same?