BANNED

Default Peter Parker vs. Ben Grimm

No, not Spidey vs. The Thing.

Peter Parker (current version) vs. Ben Grimm (peak human form).

No powers.

MMA fight.

Last man standing rules (fight is not over until one man cannot fight anymore).

Ben's a capable fighter as a mere mortal, and would normally overpower Pete. However, Pete has in the recent years trained with Shang-Chi and some while back with Captain America.

(I set this up as more of a fight of heart and will power, as both of these two have risen to meet overwhelming challenges. i.e. The Thing vs. Champion and Pete's clearing of the rubble of Octavius' lab.)

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    No, not Spidey vs. The Thing.

Peter Parker (current version) vs. Ben Grimm (peak human form).

No powers.

MMA fight.

Last man standing rules (fight is not over until one man cannot fight anymore).

Ben's a capable fighter as a mere mortal, and would normally overpower Pete. However, Pete has in the recent years trained with Shang-Chi and some while back with Captain America.

(I set this up as more of a fight of heart and will power, as both of these two have risen to meet overwhelming challenges. i.e. The Thing vs. Champion and Pete's clearing of the rubble of Octavius' lab.)
    Can Parker's feats based on this new training be quantified? Does he still have his powers? Is there any way to define what he is capable of now without powers. "He trained with..." and "He's xx old..." and "He's this concept..." are usually very bad and not feats driven means of defining what a character can do.
    Power with Girl is better.

Although artistic renditions vary, Parker has generally been depicted as a skinny guy of average or slightly below average height. Grimm has consistently been shown in his human form to be tall and somewhat brawny, with the build of a former football player. Parker's combat style has relied heavily on his superhuman speed and wall-crawling, which doesn't help here. His training with Cap and Shang-Chi was brief and minimal, and could in no way be construed as granting more than a small fraction of their skills. Grimm is a military veteran, a jock, an experienced wrestler, and a very canny brawler. I say Grimm easily wins this fight.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, barring someone providing feats for Peter that show him royally kicking rear [I]sans]/I]-powers, I think Ben whales on him. It takes him longer than one might expect, as Peter IS in good shape and has plenty of experience with real fights, but still.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, barring someone providing feats for Peter that show him royally kicking rear [I]sans]/I]-powers, I think Ben whales on him. It takes him longer than one might expect, as Peter IS in good shape and has plenty of experience with real fights, but still.
    This is my thinking as well.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.