Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Oddly Normal #1

A little bit The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with a splash of Liz Kessler's Emily Windsnap series, ODDLY NORMAL is an all-new ongoing series written and illustrated by Otis Frampton (How It Should Have Ended, ABCDEFGeek) that will enchant readers of all ages. Image Comics is pleased to reveal early artwork from ODDLY NORMAL, which follows the adventures of a ten-year-old girl with pointed ears, green hair, and an anything-but-ordinary life.

Oddly inherited her pointed ears and emerald hair color from her mother, who hails from a magical land called Fignation, and as you can imagine, this makes fitting in at a school full of mortals challenging to say the least.

On her tenth birthday, feeling misunderstood and alone, Oddly makes a disastrous wish over the candles of her birthday cake and her parents vanish from existence. Now, with the aid of her great aunt, Oddly must travel to Fignation to live under Auntie's care while the elder witch works to uncover the mystery of their disappearance.

Full preview here.

This looks interesting. I'll have to check it out and see if it's age appropriate for my daughter too. She's a budding comic collector.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Powered By Gravity

I'll deffinately pick this up. Now that I have a daughter I really enjoy books that focus on a childs point of view. It tends to be more imaginative and magical. I like when stories are not free to ignore reality.

All-New Member

Is this a new series or a colour reprinting of the 2005 mini-series from Viper Comics? If its new great, and if its the original I can tell the people interested it was great when I read it years ago and probably does deserve to be published somewhere that the it'll get more attention. Viper had put out some great books, but unless you're hardcore its easy to overlook them.

Quote Originally Posted by KeenerED View Post
    This looks interesting. I'll have to check it out and see if it's age appropriate for my daughter too. She's a budding comic collector.
    My daughter is only 5, but really enjoys this series. I hope you and the other poster also picked it up for your daughters, it is captivating for kids and still a fun read for myself as a grown comic fan.

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    My daughter is only 5, but really enjoys this series. I hope you and the other poster also picked it up for your daughters, it is captivating for kids and still a fun read for myself as a grown comic fan.
    Oh yeah. My 11 year old loves it. It's a little over my 5 year olds interest level right now, she way into My Little Pony. But we're all enjoying it. Even my wife who doesn't even read comics has to read each new issus of this before I do...and I'm the collector in the family!
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

I'm 21 and I can honestly say I love this series It's just a lot of fun and the art is whimsical and wonderful.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender