Default Korra vs Aqualad

Non-Avatar state Korra vs Aqualad of Young Justice.

Fight on the beaches of Lake Michigan.

Aqualad, especially if he gets in close, his strength level is still much higher than that of a normal human being, even one who practices something akin to martial arts most of their lives. This is the guy who in the first episode was trading blows with a newly awakened Superboy and held his own pretty well for awhile. I forget how well Kaldur manipulated water, it was implied that he was recruited out of the academy to become the new Aqualad before he could finish his training so his sorcery skills are lacking in the form of water manipulation (when compared to Garth or Tula). Still the guy has taken some pretty big hits and im curious if normal state Korra has the ability to muster up anything he couldn't walk off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c51YRqsOZ4
    This also shows his water manipulation is better than what i originally remembered, and he has electricity powers to boot.
    Last edited by Sasuke Uchiha; 11-07-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    And now I finally arrived.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

At the same time, though, he's weak to high temperatures. If Korra keeps her distance and just blankets him with fire, she could wear him down with that, and machine gun rocks and metal at him. Granted, Aqualad could take refuge in the water, but then Korra can quick freeze him in a huge block of ice, which ought to pin him for a ten-count at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    At the same time, though, he's weak to high temperatures. If Korra keeps her distance and just blankets him with fire, she could wear him down with that, and machine gun rocks and metal at him. Granted, Aqualad could take refuge in the water, but then Korra can quick freeze him in a huge block of ice, which ought to pin him for a ten-count at least.
    Except this isn't exactly how Korra fights, and nothing about her fire projectile seems to suggest they pack that kind of heat that they could negate his water manipulation, water manipulation that has been shown to cut through solid objects, deflect laser fire, rupture thick ice landmasses, also he dodges Superboys super speed rush easily enough that suggest he'd likely not get tagged by random fire blast that aren't normally fast enough to tag most skilled benders. As far as trapping in ice, im not really certain that'll work, while the feat is on a smaller scale Aqualad has shown resistance to the effect of extreme cold and or ice, such as when Killer Frost froze his Aqua-Weapons while he was holding them, encasing his hands in blocks of ice, with no adverse effects or even pause he smashed her in the face with his fist. Also it implies that Korra could over power Aqualad's control over water, something we've never seen in Avatar, that is to say a individual outright stopping a element another person was in the process of controlling, and im not talking about lighting redirecting, but rather someone just shutting down someone else's element mid use.

something i wasn't aware of in the opening post, this takes place on a beach, which cuts down on Korra's use of Earth Bending, as we've never seen her bend sand and according to Toph the feat can be done but is tricky, her own unique way of Earth bending seems to make her pick it up fast, not something Korra herself has the luxury of. Also if this goes into the lake he probably grabs her and keeps her there until she drowns. Korra seems to like getting hugged by big strong guys
    Last edited by Sasuke Uchiha; 11-08-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Bloodlust takes care of the whole "that's not how she fights" thing you opened with, characters will do anything to win, even things normally out of character for them.
    Fortunam adversarius, nihil prosperum habebitis

still doesnt change the fact shes overwhelmed in all physical stats, and her opponent might as well be a brick house for the lot of good her attacks will do. He's legitimately faster than her, with reflexes / strength / durability akin to a DC Comics level Superhuman. Even her fire bending doesn't pose much of a threat if the guy can casually dodge it or outright counter it with water. Throwing rocks is much slower than laser fire, same thing happens with water and fire bending. Her best bet is air bending, no straight counter for that, but chances are Kaldur still closes the distance before she gets anything strong off and even if she does his range game is still considerable as he only needs to summon/conjure a water construct to distract or disrupt whatever shes doing. Giant humpback whale water construct smashing on top of her would likely cause any air bending to go astray if not kill her outright.
    Last edited by Sasuke Uchiha; 11-09-2015 at 09:29 PM.