Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Autumnlands
    Moonshine
    And, huh... The IDW book about a planet ruled by an immortal diarchy whose agents fight hive-minded enemies, mythological creatures from Tartarus, sometimes with the help of the embodiement of Chaos.

And, to finish my favorites
    Groo
    Usagi Yojimbo
    Favorite books right now: Wonder Woman, Groo, Usagi Yojimbo, Super Sons

Ninjak
    James Bond
    Doctor Who the 12th Doctor
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-12-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

G.I. Joe (Hama's book)
    Outcast
    Stumptown/ Lazarus

So actually 4 but oh well, first ones out of my DCBSERVICE order every month

Letter 44
    Lazarus
    Deadly Class

I've always been interested in picking up Letter 44

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I've always been interested in picking up Letter 44
    Its terrific. Not sure how to describe it. Its weird high level government sci fi. More of a story then say Planetary (which id say is a series of adventures) and less cartoony then Manhattan Projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimates View Post
    Its terrific. Not sure how to describe it. Its weird high level government sci fi. More of a story then say Planetary (which id say is a series of adventures) and less cartoony then Manhattan Projects.
    That last part is good to hear. I was interested in Manhattan Projects until I saw how cartoony it was.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's really hard to answer when you're dealing with schedules that aren't always monthly; many mini-/limited-series; and many other variables that you get with non-DC / non-Marvel titles.

I guess probably at the moment I'd go with:
    * The Fade-Out
    * Lobster Johnson
    and maybe
    * Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10
    though Will Eisner's The Spirit and Dead Vengeance could be close,
    and I only just started buying Joe Golem Occult Detective this month.
    Wow.

Two years later, and my "Top 3 Independent Titles" list has definitely changed.
    The Fade-Out ended its run, and I'm no longer following Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which is up to "Season 11" now).

Aside from the occasional comic book from Dynamite, most of my independent title purchases these days are Mike Mignola-related books from Dark Horse.

Doctor Who the 10th Doctor
    Doctor Who the 12th Doctor
    James Bond
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Motor Girl
    TMNT
    Ninjak

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I've actually started reading far more books from indy publishers of late so the choice this time around was more difficult.

Accell-from Lion Forge
    Alters-from Aftershock
    Ninjak-from Valiant
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

2 of the 3 aren't regularly out right now and 1's unlikely to return ever but...

1) Dynamo 5 (pretty much gone for good)
    2) Edison Rex (essentially on permanent hiatus until its online version catches up to where the print was which'll be a VERY long time)
    3) Princeless/ Raven the Pirate Princess (slowly releasing but awesome as heck)

I can't for Ninjak to start back up. It was awesome.

Incredible Member

Current

Lumberjanes
    Princess Jellyfish
    Siúil, a Rún - The Girl from the Other Side

All Time

Ms. Tree
    Nana
    Operation Margarine

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Ask me again after Atari Force, Rom and Micronauts come out. I'll either love 'em or hate 'em.
    Well... it's been two years since I posted this...

Still no Atari Force. And not holding my breath since the titles Dynamite and/or Atari chose to launch their line did very little to garner interest.
    Micronauts and Rom... were okay in story, but the art on both didn't appeal to me. Too bad they have to have the toned-down art like the rest of the Hasbro titles. Santiperez (Diablo House) would be nice on Micronauts and Stephen Thompson (Satellite Falling) would be nice on Rom.

And it would be nice if Dynamite finished reprinting Dreadstar. At least up to #30 or 31 to complete Starlin's run.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.