Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. A lot of good developments with chief among them being why you don't let Maximus be unsupervised.

Also enjoyed the Reed and Stark talk as well. I think we're going to see Reed crack soon.

Also Namor was absolutely right to do what he did. It was obvious where this was going to end up. Dancing around it was going to make it worse.
    Though I do agree that it was fairly obvious where this was going to end up, I don't agree that Namor was absolutely right in what he did. I think at least trying to come up with a more favorable sollution should always be plan A. There's little gained by not at least TRYING, even if they end up failing.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hickman has become just as decompressed as Bendis.

Maximus, oh Maximus. This is why when you have a super secret group, you don't invite psychos. Why is BlackBolt always the problem with this group lol
    It DOES seem like a lot of the problems with the Illuminati stem from the Inhumans, doesn't it? They were the reason the Hood got the gems. They were the ones Thanos got the information about the gems from the Illuminati from. And now this (though in all fairness, all might not be what it seems there).

Really, in hindsight after Black Bolt lost his gem I wonder why they even invited him back in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I do agree that it was fairly obvious where this was going to end up, I don't agree that Namor was absolutely right in what he did. I think at least trying to come up with a more favorable sollution should always be plan A. There's little gained by not at least TRYING, even if they end up failing.
    Prior to the fight starting the conversation was going nowhere. Looking at the dialogue, there was nothing constructive that was going to happen. The Rider effectively called out the Illuminati.

Also, I think it's interesting how the Great Society sensed Black Swan's influence on the Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Prior to the fight starting the conversation was going nowhere. Looking at the dialogue, there was nothing constructive that was going to happen. The Rider effectively called out the Illuminati.

Also, I think it's interesting how the Great Society sensed Black Swan's influence on the Illuminati.
    Like I said, I don't disagree that it was obvious where things were heading. I just don't agree that starting the fight was in anyway the right call to make. The fact that they were obviously moving in the wrong direction doesn't make it the right direction. It just means he cut to the chase and got them to do the wrong thing quicker.

Spectacular Member

The Illuminati went over knowing full well that they were going to blow up the Great Society's planet. Sure, they want to save as many lives as they could. Destroying the 616 Earth was never an option. This was the only possible outcome.

Alright, Namor should officially be executed right now.

Not counting what they may be about to do, what have the Illuminati done that is so bad? They destroyed an empty shell of a planet. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Not counting what they may be about to do, what have the Illuminati done that is so bad? They destroyed an empty shell of a planet. That's it.
    I believe Reed is just talking about the act of mind wiping Cap along with building weapons to blow up worlds. That they are prepared to "do the unthinkable".

Oh, that Namor.It's like he doesn't even care about the Illuminati's mental exercises to convince themselves that they're still good guys.

The Illuminati knew the minute they they landed on the Great Society's Earth that they were going to blow up their world. Saving people and working with the Great Society was all well and good, but at the end of the day, they sure as hell weren't going to blow up their own world. The Illuminati knew it and the Great Society knew it. Namor just wanted it over with.

Looks like this will be the thing that breaks up the Illuminati (for the billionth time). Everyone rage quits because they had to kill heroes, Namor realizes how useless they are and joins Thanos' Cabal.
    On ye olde CBR

I really dug this issue, I wish they worked together though.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Hickman always reads better in trade, the stories are long but worth it in the end. Except when its $4 a segment .
    This exactly!

While I did like the issue I was seriously underwhelmed . I felt the fight should've happend sooner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Some of those planets had life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Some of those planets had life.
    The other planets destroyed weren't by their hands.

Incursion solutions shown:
    1. Infinity Gauntlet used - no planet destroyed
    2. Alternate Galactus already assaulting that Earth
    3. Mapmaker dead world destroyed
    4. Alternate Builders

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Oh, that Namor.It's like he doesn't even care about the Illuminati's mental exercises to convince themselves that they're still good guys.

The Illuminati knew the minute they they landed on the Great Society's Earth that they were going to blow up their world. Saving people and working with the Great Society was all well and good, but at the end of the day, they sure as hell weren't going to blow up their own world. The Illuminati knew it and the Great Society knew it. Namor just wanted it over with.

Looks like this will be the thing that breaks up the Illuminati (for the billionth time). Everyone rage quits because they had to kill heroes, Namor realizes how useless they are and joins Thanos' Cabal.
    It's not just heroes that will be killed. There is an entire planet of people who will die as well. What happened to Dr. Strange having the power to move planets and put them into another sky? Norn mentions they (illuminati) had words of power. It's looking more and more like he just sold his soul to become a black priest. How about Tony saying "this is it" with this being what old Clint told him he could prevent but believed he didn't have it in him to do it?

Fantastic Member

I didn't realize Corvus Glaive was in the living death with Thanos, he's definitely the one all the way on the right on the New Avengers #24 cover. (Terrax, Thanos, Namor, Maximus, Proxima Midnight, Black Swan, Corvus Glaive)