Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chaosfist View Post
    It's not just heroes that will be killed. There is an entire planet of people who will die as well. What happened to Dr. Strange having the power to move planets and put them into another sky? Norn mentions they (illuminati) had words of power. It's looking more and more like he just sold his soul to become a black priest. How about Tony saying "this is it" with this being what old Clint told him he could prevent but believed he didn't have it in him to do it?
    The solicit for next issue specifically mentions Strange. Of course solicits could be wrong but I'm thinking we'll see his new powers soon. Yep, Tony is realizing this is the moment that he's facing from what he heard in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    I didn't realize Corvus Glaive was in the living death with Thanos, he's definitely the one all the way on the right on the New Avengers #24 cover. (Terrax, Thanos, Namor, Maximus, Proxima Midnight, Black Swan, Corvus Glaive)
    As long as the staff is intact, Corvus cannot die.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

...and dumped.

I could not care any less...in fact, if I may be honest, I stopped caring around issue 13 or thereabouts.
    I love you Hickman, but you are wasting my time and I'm wasting my money.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Oh, that Namor.It's like he doesn't even care about the Illuminati's mental exercises to convince themselves that they're still good guys.

The Illuminati knew the minute they they landed on the Great Society's Earth that they were going to blow up their world. Saving people and working with the Great Society was all well and good, but at the end of the day, they sure as hell weren't going to blow up their own world. The Illuminati knew it and the Great Society knew it. Namor just wanted it over with.

Looks like this will be the thing that breaks up the Illuminati (for the billionth time). Everyone rage quits because they had to kill heroes, Namor realizes how useless they are and joins Thanos' Cabal.
    Except one would think Thanos's obvious solution to the problem would be what EVERYONE else has been calling for: Blow up the 616 Earth. There are already a LOT of antimatter bombs on Earth that could accomplish that feat.

Spectacular Member

Tsk tsk.. Namor.

I know Namor probably has a fourth point apart from the ones he tried to skewer the Rider with. But you'd think he could have let the discussion go on a little longer, a few minutes won't make much of a difference.

And about the GS, I know they're supposed to have the moral high ground, but what are they even fighting for at this point? This refusal to even entertain the thought of drastic measures two hours before the destruction of two universes is just mind blowing. And why is Rider lying about them not having the capability to destroy a planet, or refusing to talk about how they dealt with the third incursion. It's probably linked to that flowerbed he was tending when he was introduced.

Great issue by Hickman, definitely a lot of things happened in this issue. Most intersting parts in this issue.

Reed being told he's useless now by Swan.

Bruce seemingly making plans.

Namor being Namor.

Tony telling Reed that Cap remembers So this is set either during or after the current Avengers arc.

And it looks were getting the idea on how Thanos Returns If Maxmuis is going to be doing what he is doing.

Overall, it's showing how desperate the Illumanti is getting, and next issue is going to be the throwdown bewteen Them and the GS.

Fantastic Member

This is why we can't take Namor anywhere. Seriously, go to a restaurant, he's the one that says everything should be split up evenly, after ordering multiple drinks and the most expensive food on the menu. And then stiffs the waiter on the tip.

BANNED

Wow, fantastic issue.
    We're at the boiling point now.

Namor was awesome.

Black Swan has announced to Reed she thinks it's time to repeat the cycle. Escape, set a bomb off to blow up 616 Earth, use Manifold to escape to the next universe to repeat it all over again.

I like this issue as well and seeing the interactions between the two teams was especially sweet. I liked seeing Black Swan dismiss Reed so casually. I also liked seeing Namor take action and being completely unapologetic about it. It would have been great to see the two teams work together but I kinda knew that wasn't going to happen. I'm looking forward to the next issue.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by GamiSB View Post
    If you're looking for action then you are reading the wrong book. And after 19 issues that's only your fault at this point. New Avengers has been more focused on the characters and their dealing with this massive universal threat. The fighting has always been secondary. And I don't know how you can say this is dragging when every issue reveals something new about the Illuminati and their mental state. That this issue is mostly argument and discussion makes sense when you are dealing with the smartest characters from their respective universes and no one wants a fight. The Illuminati were interested in them to begin with because they thought that the Great Society had figured out a new way of dealing with the problem. That was their main objective and what was on everyone's mind. Of course the story is then going to center around that whole idea. This isn't Civil War after all and these characters (Namor being the exception) from the start have always been reluctant to pull the trigger.
    I agree. I like that this title and this issue focused on the discussion between the two teams. I also like how the majority of the team members are reluctant to "pull the trigger" and really want to save as many lives as possible.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

You know I wouldn't mind if the two ladies and Sun God survive this and come to the 616
    We need better comics

And still no one listens to Black Swan. The Great Wheel crushes all hope, destroys all morality. She's been telling them from the start they are doomed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The Great Society was right.
    The Illuminati waltzed in there assuming their Earth had to be the one to survive because, to be crude, they've got the biggest gun of the two groups...How arrogant.
    Rider denying them like he did was totally deserved.
    Namor starting a fight when there's still some time to be use however...
    Typical reckless Namor.
    Have to disagree. Its not arrogant to want love and protect your family and friends more than someone else's.Its a pretty common sentiment for most.

Astonishing Member

I get Namor. Namor is at the point where he knows that he isnt going to be the hero of his own story, but he sure as hell wont be the victim either. Its true to the character. Better villain than victim.

Namor should of all those in the Illuminati understand there is a time to blow up one's kingdom and move elsewhere if the circumstances call for it. Because he did it not too long ago Marvel time when he ordered the destruction of Atlantis when Tony Stark was running S.H.I.E.L.D.

Black Swan from the very beginning told the Illuminati the one way to stop the incursions on their end: Blow up the Earth, evacuating the planet beforehand. And the Avengers had many dealings with a being Ex Nihilo who belongs to the Gardeners who knows how to terraform other planets, and at the end of Infinity the Gardeners were terraforming planets for those who had lose their planet during the Builders invasion.

If the Illuminati do use an anti-matter bomb on the Great Society's Earth, the Illuminati are simply mass murderers.