Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doom vs Magic users

This is obviously before Doom become as powerful as an Ivory King(or is he more powerful atm? Idk). For this Rumble; Doom is working at his typical level of power.

How does he do in a one on one fight with these individuals(no these isn't in order from weakest to strongest or vice versa, and no this is not a gauntlet):

1. Doctor Strange
    2. Classic Strange(I've read on here that Strange used to be a lot more powerful than he is now, so I thought I'd mention him too)
    3. Dr. Fate
    4. Zatanna
    5. Raven
    6. Loki
    7. Scarlet Witch
    8. Morgan Le fay
    9. Phantom Stranger
    10. Circe
    11. Felix Faust
    Last edited by Cody; 11-08-2015 at 03:11 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    1. Doctor Strange
    Current Strange isn't jobbing anymore and got a powerful upgrade under Hickman, but Doom oughta do it.

2. Classic Strange(I've read on here that Strange used to be a lot more powerful than he is now, so I thought I'd mention him too)
    Woah, absolute stomp for Classic Strange.

3. Dr. Fate
    Stomp for Classic Fate, dunno enough about NuFate.

4. Zatanna
    Quickdraw.

6. Loki
    Without prep, Loki oughta take this, he took it to Classic Strange once.

7. Scarlet Witch
    During AXIS (yes, I hate that event too) Wanda walzed into Latveria and Doom couldn't stop her without help.
    So yeah, Wanda.

8. Morgan Le fay
    Doom already schooled Morgan during Dark Reign.

Left out those I don't know enough.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-08-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Teen Titans Go! - Raven takes him. Why - just because. Her dad says she's a universe destroyer when going full tilt.

Phantom Stranger - best showing takes Doom.

Classic Strange(I've read on here that Strange used to be a lot more powerful than he is now, so I thought I'd mention him too)

Since this is not current God Emperor Doom or whatever, Classic Strange should stomp.

Dr. Fate

The more powerful versions should stomp but it will vary based on which Fate and when.

Zatanna

I would say Doom due to striking first but speeds are equalized. If that means she gets to whip off whatever she says and they both strike at the same time, mutual destruction. If that means they both react at the same time but he just has to fire something off while she has to speak first, he wins.

Loki

Loki was portrayed as way more powerful than even Classic Strange in an early encounter. BUT Strange's feats back then surpassed Loki's according to general opinion. If we go with Loki's better showings and, of course, not counting Doom's Galactus and Beyonder power stealing showings, this should at least be a draw.

Morgan Le fay

That's a tough one. If this is purely magic and he is not getting to use his tech and any other abilities and without one-sided prep (which, really, one-sided prep and one-sided situational advantages are behind a lot of Doom's victories), I would think she would win but I'm not sure feats back that up.

Phantom Stranger

The versions I'm familiar with, he is at least on the same playing field as the Spectre and the more powerful versions at that, so he should take this. Again, not sure feats support that.
    Power with Girl is better.

The fighters can use all of their abilities. Speed is just equalized. Or was I should say, as I've changed my mind, speed is no longer equalized.
    Last edited by Cody; 11-08-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member

How about Dr. StrangeFate - a mix of Classic Strange, Fate and Charles Xavier. Now that's a beast from a crossover.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    *cannot stop giggling*

Even Victor knows he's screwed here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Loki was portrayed as way more powerful than even Classic Strange in an early encounter. BUT Strange's feats back then surpassed Loki's according to general opinion.
    Is that really so?
    Cause I really don't know any real consensus.

Is Loki more powerful than Classic Strange or was that a once off?

Or is there also something calld 'Classic Loki' ?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Is that really so?
    Cause I really don't know any real consensus.

Is Loki more powerful than Classic Strange or was that a once off?
    There was a time when he likely was. If so, it would have been early on. It's important to remember that Classic Strange became more and more powerful as he went on.

After a certain point in his career, his feats rank rather higher than Loki's.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Classic Doctor Fate was a beast. His magical ability is generally considered to be on par with Classic Doctor Strange. In addition, classic Doctor Fate had strength and invulnerabilty equal to that of Superman. Doom can't beat him.

Loki fought Doctor Strange early in Doc's career, during the initial Lee/Ditko run. Strange wasn't the Sorcerer Supreme yet, and his mastery of magic was more limited then. If they have fought since then, I haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Classic Doctor Fate was a beast. His magical ability is generally considered to be on par with Classic Doctor Strange. In addition, classic Doctor Fate had strength and invulnerabilty equal to that of Superman. Doom can't beat him.
    Based on ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Based on ?
    Dr. Fate, lifting a plane without magical powers:

Dr. Fate, wrestling with the Spectre:

Dr. Fate, shrugging off a ton of bricks that fell on him:

http://i.imgur.com/I9HzuRz.jpg

Dr. Fate, only staggered after receiving a lethal blast of atomic radiation:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...ndurance+3.jpg

None of that is Superman level

The Spectre thing is vastly beyond Superman levels but it seems to involve magic and not pure strength

Which is to say Fate has superhuman strength for sure ( IIRC that was part of his training before he even became Fate) but nothing that indicates " Superman levels"