Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Witchblade, #185

An era comes to a close with the double-sized final issue of Sara Pezzini's twenty-year run. Several previous Witchblade artists return to the title to send her off in style. The story resolves Sara's return to New York and her relationship with Gleason and her attempt to find a suitable bearer to give the Artifact to.

Full article here.

Very bummed about this.

last preview

BANNED

A handful of the 90's comics are left. I never imagined this book would make it twenty years. Bravo and fond farewell.

Amazing Member

Were the sales that bad for this title? It's a shame they ended the series. I really admire Image and what they did and this was one of their longer running titles. I wish they kept going.

It's also nice to see them not resort to re-numbering and starting over like Marvel and DC. Leaves things much less confused and easy to pick up. I dropped the big 2 a while ago for this reason.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I am really bummed by this. This was a great book until the whole Artifacts even which sort of derailed it. It took it from a great ongoing story to some weird interior reboot. All the great previous stories and characters were wiped out. At least when Seeley took over, it was good, but bringing Marz back was a mistake. As good as he was before, having him restart it AGAIN was too much. I will miss the old book.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

This was a great book until the Artifacts fiasco. The reboot Top Cow did with that event really derailed the book. When Seeley took over with the setting in Chicago, it was really good again. But then Marz came back and the book just never got the magic back. He was great in his first run but when he came back, it was just to jumbled and disconnected. So good bye Witchblade. it was once a great book.

I admit I joined later on in the run starting from #80 but for me I enjoyed this, I really liked the idea and execution though to be fair I was a bit bummed when they switched Sara to be a PI and then sheriff but to me I felt that Sara was the witchblade bearer and from little I have seen Switch isn't my cup of tea. It feels bittersweet kinda like finding out Danni was no longer the Angelus and then for some strange reason Finch was the Angelus and we see her a couple of times and then she isn't.
    R.I.P Witchblade Thanks for the stories.
    Truth is the best policy

End of an era. Sad days

At least we have Switch.

Love Witchblade. Really going to miss this series. Sara Pezzini was ahead of her time, a strong female character who could hold her own against anyone. I'm going to miss her, but this series has really stood the test of time. I hope we'll see Sara again, hopefully in a relaunch of sorts. And I hope her story ends on a high note.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Maybe a series re-launch with a new Bearer?
    It would be strange not having Sara as the main character, but still better than nothing.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plo12 View Post
    Maybe a series re-launch with a new Bearer?
    It would be strange not having Sara as the main character, but still better than nothing.
    That's the way I see it. As far as I know, the time in Witchblade is consistent with real world time, so the 2015 Sara is 45. So it makes sense to retire her from her superhero duties (especially since a major part of the success of the title was, let's not kid ourselves, her looks) and bring someone new and young to the series.
    I would also love this if they relaunched the series not with Witchblade vol. 2 #001, but Witchblade #186.
    C'mon Top Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Mesmer View Post
    That's the way I see it. As far as I know, the time in Witchblade is consistent with real world time, so the 2015 Sara is 45. So it makes sense to retire her from her superhero duties (especially since a major part of the success of the title was, let's not kid ourselves, her looks) and bring someone new and young to the series.
    I would also love this if they relaunched the series not with Witchblade vol. 2 #001, but Witchblade #186.
    C'mon Top Cow.
    To be fair unless I'm missing something they could always give it back to Danni (though I have to admit I prefer Sara as witchblade and Danni as the Angelus). I could be wrong but are they not canceling witchblade because they are moving away from the artifacts universe to other stories. I don't think the sales of witchblade were bad.
    Truth is the best policy

I think I've only missed about 12 or 15 issues during the entire run of the series. Got various minis and crossovers with other characters like Tomb Raider's Lara Croft, Vampirella, etc. Got the entire line of action figures, bought the anime on DVD, watched the TNT series for a bit. It's funny how some things become a fixture in your life for so long. Witchblade has been one of those titles that became "granfathered" in my pull list after awhile. Definitely going to miss Sara, but I also believed in the "in-universe" idea that Sara wasn't going to have the Witchblade forever.

Switch is definitely nice as a lighter (I won't say "Batgirled") take on the concept, but I do hope that Witchblade is relaunched sometime down the line with a new bearer with the same kind of fire and passion.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Spectacular Member

damn right it's not batgirled! i did switch a year before and dropped it online! XD