Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Secret Wars, #8

Super Moderator

Default Secret Wars, #8

GENESIS!
    Chartbusting creators Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic march toward the end of their grand saga as the final battle against God Doom rages on! Battleworld teeters on the brink. The Shield has fallen. Armies march on Doomstadt. As Battleworld gives way to a new Marvel Universe...no one will come out the other side unscathed, if they come out at all. Who lives? Who dies? Find out when the penultimate chapter!

Full article here.

BANNED

late, but still looking forward to this.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Still going I see. *shrugs and sighs* It's got to end sometime...

Also, does anyone know how to draw Valeria as a young kid and not just as a clone of Sue with shorter hair?

LOL at Sinister and Terrax
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Oh, is this still going on?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    LOL at Sinister and Terrax
    Yeah, and Maestro didn't do so hot either and that was his second chance at God Doom that ended badly.

The Cabal are really underperforming on Battleworld.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Seriously, really sad to see.

There could have been some epic Cabal vs Illuminatti/Raft survivor stuff, but... Hickman kinda sorta just quickly killed off everyone.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Still going I see. *shrugs and sighs* It's got to end sometime...

Also, does anyone know how to draw Valeria as a young kid and not just as a clone of Sue with shorter hair?
    I've seen it happen. It's tough though. During Hickman's F4 run I remember some issues thinking the artists would nail it, and some thinking they'd just drawn a small Sue.

Franklin has a similar problem though. His age is super tough to pin down depending on the artist.

I don't know if I'd say that. Black Swan has maneuvered herself close to Doom. I'm convinced that isn't going to end well for Doom. Thanos has set Thing in motion towards Doom. The Maker and Reed are working towards Doom's downfall. Namor and Black Panther appear to have buried the hatchet and are heading towards a pretty cool moment.

Yeah, Proximia and Corvus are captured, but they aren't dead and I'm not entirely convinced they didn't let themselves get captured to maneuver into position. Terax isn't likely dead from that. He's too tough to be just squashed even though that would be a hilarious end for him.

But even if the Cabal are done impacting the story I wouldn't mind. The Thanos arc was welded onto Infinity by editorial fiat as I understand it. Thanos, Proxima, and Corvus have overstayed their welcome. I'd have been happiest if they'd been destroyed in the Incursion as the Illuminati planned.

BANNED

Who cares at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    I don't know if I'd say that. Black Swan has maneuvered herself close to Doom. I'm convinced that isn't going to end well for Doom. Thanos has set Thing in motion towards Doom. The Maker and Reed are working towards Doom's downfall. Namor and Black Panther appear to have buried the hatchet and are heading towards a pretty cool moment.

Yeah, Proximia and Corvus are captured, but they aren't dead and I'm not entirely convinced they didn't let themselves get captured to maneuver into position. Terax isn't likely dead from that. He's too tough to be just squashed even though that would be a hilarious end for him.

But even if the Cabal are done impacting the story I wouldn't mind. The Thanos arc was welded onto Infinity by editorial fiat as I understand it. Thanos, Proxima, and Corvus have overstayed their welcome. I'd have been happiest if they'd been destroyed in the Incursion as the Illuminati planned.
    I actually think Proxima and Corvus should stick around post SW, truthfully I thought the Black Order (other than Black Dwarf) were all pretty cool. Hopefully they get reintroduced in MU-8 as Guardians of the Galaxy/Infinity foes.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 12-03-2015 at 08:07 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I actually think Proxima and Corvus should stick around post SW, truthfully I thought the Black Order (other than Black Dwarf were all pretty cool). Hopefully they get reintroduced in MU-8 as Guardian of the Galaxy foes.
    I liked all the Black Order honestly. Even poor ol' squishy head Black Dwarf

They could be good rogues int he future for GoG or something

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    I've seen it happen. It's tough though. During Hickman's F4 run I remember some issues thinking the artists would nail it, and some thinking they'd just drawn a small Sue.

Franklin has a similar problem though. His age is super tough to pin down depending on the artist.
    Between the new alternate cover with Sue and the kids, and the statue featured in Amazing Spider-Man 3 -- it looks like they've decided that Valeria is now older than Franklin. I realize she was first introduced as an alternate universe teenager, but making her a genius 3-year old only serves to make Franklin come across as 'challenged' all his life.

My solution would be to just get it over with and make them both teenagers. Then they can have adventures and associations outside of just the Fantastic Four.

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticKillerStar View Post
    Who cares at this point?
    Clearly you do enough to come to the boards and comment.

Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple enough right?