Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    What do you suggest his weight capability should be? I was thinking that for now his PK could lift, push, and affect things his normal human strength could. So if physically pushing a huge burly dude wont end well, using TK to overpower him wouldn't work either.

The push/pull was just an example of how his PK might function in combat not his baseline power. I want him to be able to levitate things too haha.

As for his subpower, i was thinking of a couple of options ; a one directional psi-shield (that can get stronger but that for now is the equivalent of holding a sturdy invisible block of wood in front of you), or the cyclops beam i mentioned earlier that would be the equivalent of a punch. I'm leaning on the latter.
    Yo Cleric, I think you missed this post fam. Also does anyone else think Cyclops beam >> limited shield?

I don't like Cyclops, so I decided not to say anything one way or the other :P
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Jan: Who?

Jan might be intimidated by his pedigree.
    You mean coming from a family of scientific geniuses?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nah, his dog.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You mean coming from a family of scientific geniuses?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    nah, his dog.
    This too though
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Name: Mayumi Vispbell
    Height: 5'6 Weight: 100
    Appearance:

Slender, athletic build, dark hair, pale skin, with a intricate tattoo covering her back, and several other, smaller tattoo's on her upper arm (left side), and leg (right side).

City of Birth: Shangri-La
    Esper Power:

Base: Melanokinesis (Ink Manipulation) - The 'art' of manipulating ink. Can be used to move, alter the color, change the viscosity and consistency of ink; be it written/tattooed/printed or otherwise. Can also be used to write, draw, tattoo, etc. mentally through the manipulation of the ink. Unfortunately, not being a Squid Person has its drawbacks, and ink cannot be "created" but must be manipulated from a preexisting source (book/tattoo/history assignment).

Mutation I: Pen is Mightier - Ink Constructs. A sword, a shield, a .. er .. sandwich ? I can't eat an ink sandwich! By manipulating the density of the ink, the user can generate constucts from ink, limited only by their Esper level and imagination.

Special SKills: Acrobatics, Art (Drawing)
    History: "I guess it's just what I'm good at, I've never really questioned it."

It was all but guaranteed she'd be an Esper like her parents, and she didn't have to wait long to prove everyone right. At the age of twelve, she started manipulating the ink in her pen. From then on, it was the typical Esper experience.

Other: She's rather dour looking, isn't she? Her name can mean several things depending on the Kanji used (not that she'd know ANY of this). "Truth (真), Bow (弓)" is the most applicable, either to describe her as an "accurate shot" (a straight-shooter), or skilled with a violin (a musical "art").

Physical Attributes

Strength:
    Agility: 3
    Durability:
    Esper Skill Level: 4
    Stamina:
    Mayumi was a promising looking character in Nik's old RPG, and she continues to look interesting now. Few people who are into acrobatics would get a big tattoo across their back. I feel ink manipulation is like an artsy, exotic-feeling, less broken way of green lanterning.

She certainly looks like the more serious, low key sort, but the language on "The Pen is Mightier" power seems to break from that character. Not sure if it's deliberate on your part or if you just couldn't resist the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Note: Participation not yet confirmed. Working on Bio either way.

CHARACTER SHEET:

NAME: Philippe Fortier

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'9"/167 lbs

APPEARANCE:

CITY OF BIRTH: Elysium

ESPER POWER: Gremlin Aura - An Aura that causes 'Glitches' in technology. The more advanced the technology, the more likely it is to be negatively affected. Usually has to be in close proximity for it to happen.

Level 2: He now has control over the effects of the Aura, at least 75% of the time, and is working on controlling it 100%.

spoilers:

Keeping this in reserve for future use:

Dissonance Aura - Dissonance Theory* in Physics refers to that which Alters Wave Harmonics in such a way as to change it's properties or disrupt it. This can involve almost anything along the EM spectrum. A Psychic Dissonance Aura Alters or Disrupts Wave Harmonics - and possibly other more esoteric forms of "Harmony".

*There really isn't a Theory like that, I made it up. But there should/could be.
    end of spoilers

SPECIAL SKILLS: Engineering, Inventor, Mechanics, Transport Pilot, Extreme Athlete [even a Tech Nerd needs exercise].

HISTORY: Recent Graduate of an Engineering University, held off attending a Psychic Academy to his Engineering Degree. Large, extended family. All of whom work in the fields of Science, Medicine, Engineering, or Bio-engineering. He was a late Bloomer, as far as manifesting his power. When his Aura did first manifested, it drove him and his family to distraction. His parents , wanting him to finish his regular schooling and get his Engineering degree, quietly hired a 'Personal Trainer' to work with him on getting it under control. After he graduated, he and they realized he needed more intensive help.

OTHER: Openly Bi-sexual, having recently ended a year long relationship with his Boyfriend. Currently focused on his studies and getting his powers under control. Would prefer not to be a Guardian, but accepts the possibility of doing so. Get's easily distracted by technology and/or coming up with a way to solve a problem through technology. When not working on his devices, he's working out as an extreme sports athlete.

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES:

All stats cap at 20. You will all start with SEVEN points to spread across your five categories. A 0 in each stat represents a normal/average human being. A 20 in Strength would be a Class ten. A four in agility is bullet timing/Mach one and a 20 in Agility would be Mach 5 movement/reaction speed. Durability scales up the same as strength. Stamina is the level at which you heal from tiredness or injury. A ten in Stamina is Wolverine. A twenty is Deadpool level. Skill indicates your psychic skill level. The higher this skill level is, the better your psychic power and the more you can do with it. There are five psychic levels, and each time you reach a plateau (every four points) you earn another subset of your base psychic power (which you start with).

STRENGTH: 1
    AGILITY:
    DURABILITY: 1
    ESPER SKILL LEVEL: 4
    STAMINA: 1
    Philippe's rather immaculately dressed for a practitioner of extreme sports.

I imagine the randomness of that power must be rather inconvenient, not to mention terrifying. Cars, phones, computers, delicate lab equipment....this is a fairly futuristic city. Does he have to take the stairs? Ride a bicycle? Did he ever destroy the contact lists of his friends communicators just by hanging out around them? Did he ever work on a thesis and forget to save?

He's got too many special skills by the way. There's supposed to be two. Which does he excel at most?

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Just a head's up.

Everyone will be a part of Emil's harem.
    Why else would people think he needs that giant zipper? There's no way he'd get himself out otherwise.

As usual, I didn't read the instructions carefully enough. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it.

His powers did mess things up at first, but now, with 75% control, and the experience to know workarounds and precautions, it isn't too bad. But occasionally it does mess him up.

How is Rosalinda's bio looking? Anything you guys want improved?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Hehe.

Nebermind

Arx Inosaan

NAME: Aiden Michael Black

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5’8/160

APPEARANCE: Added Soon

CITY OF BIRTH: Elysium

ESPER POWER: Aiden psionically generates a personal protective field that provides nearly total protection from all attacks within limits. The energy field disperses kinetic energy from impacts, such as falls, physical attacks, as well as low level energy projections (heat from a match). This field constantly surrounds his body at every given moment, completely invisible, and only takes on a glass-like translucency when subconsciously activated by a threat.

The force field is an extension of Aiden's body, and so he feels the attack as its effect is dispersed over the field. His power is subconscious, meaning it protects him from harm whether he wants it to or not, or is aware of the incoming threat or not. Aiden's force field can only take so much damage before the strain from attacks cause him physical and mental stress, causing his field to disappears. After his field has diappeared it takes up to a half a day to fully regenerate the force field.

Aiden’s force field has unique frictionless properties that make it impossible for anyone to hold on to him. Therefore, Aiden cannot be grabbed or entangled if he does not want to be held. He can move at moderate speeds by "skating" on his force field across the ground.

SPECIAL SKILLS: Aiden hopes to be a medical doctor and surgeon like his father

HISTORY: Will be added soon

OTHER: (Optional info)

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES:

STRENGTH: 0
    AGILITY: 1
    DURABILITY: 1
    ESPER SKILL LEVEL: 5
    STAMINA: 0
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-22-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    How is Rosalinda's bio looking? Anything you guys want improved?
    I like the theme you appear to be going with. Combine Gravity Control with Agility and she'd be doing Aerial Acrobatics and maybe even Flying in no time.

Seems like a lot of powers at once for not even a lv2 esper.

Let's see;

kinetic shielding
    energy shielding
    always on, so always shielded, with no drain
    can't grab/entangle but I assume can still interact with things when/if he wants
    speed buff via frictionlessness

I mean, having kinetic/energy shielding makes some kina sense, but all the others with no downsides period, as a starting ability ?

Arx Inosaan

Seems like a lot of powers at once for not even a lv2 esper.

Let's see;

kinetic shielding
    energy shielding
    always on, so always shielded, with no drain
    can't grab/entangle but I assume can still interact with things when/if he wants
    speed buff via frictionlessness

I mean, having kinetic/energy shielding makes some kina sense, but all the others with no downsides period, as a starting ability ?
    I was thinking the same thing.

Current Power List, simplified.

• Rosalinda 'Rose' Celestine Innocenti - Gravitokinesis
    • Maisie Mindel - Telepathic control of arthropods
    • Edmund Kinsley - Force Field
    • Francis King - Danger sense
    • Daniel Silva - Invisibility
    • Michael Laoth Giovanni - Mind Over Matter
    • Lucius Lane - Psychokinesis
    • Jan Merrick - Illusions
    • Mayumi Vispbell - Melanokinesis
    • Philippe 'Flip' Fortier - Gremlin Aura/Tech Hexing
    • Emil Sheol - Delve/Possession
    • Kenpachi Oyamai - Scary Monsters/Life-form Projection
    • Curtis Russell - Healing Sting
    • Raven Williams - Telekinetic Cutting
    • Grunt - Excelsior Aura/Power Boosting
    • Nelere Solan- Violent Surge/Speed Boost
    • Maia Woods - Chronomancy
    • Aiden Michael Black - Auto-Shield (?)
    • Kenneth Timothy 'Timmy' Hearthshire Jr. - Kinetic Control
    Last edited by Tami; 11-19-2015 at 06:57 PM.