Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Say, Cleric, would some kind of combat precog (think a much, much weaker version of Midnighter's) be fine for this? If yes, what would be the limits? Otherwise, I do have more ideas :-).

Also, placeholder.

And now, for the character sheet:

CHARACTER SHEET:

NAME: Francis King

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'8, 120 pounds

APPEARANCE: A blond-haired, blue-eyed teenager, is quite muscular due to the intensive training he put himself through since childhood, before going to the Academy. Has an air of nobility to him, and not the good kind.

CITY OF BIRTH: Avalon

ESPER POWER: Danger sense, allows him to feel when he is about to be attacked

SPECIAL SKILLS: Combatives, and extensive knowledge about financials, investments... (hey, you can never be too wealthy)

HISTORY: Francis is a kid who has always had everything. The best education, the best martial arts teachers, you name it, he had it. His parents being Espers probably helped. The only thing he didn't have, until late in his 13th year, was Esper powers, which he felt he was entitled to due to his ancestry (someone didn't listen to the biology teacher when he explained that the odds were still weak even with Esper parents). And now that he has them, he feels even more than before that he is "God's gift to mankind" and that he will become "the most powerful Esper EVAH!" (think a mix of early Damian Wayne, Draco Malfoy, and TFS Vegeta).

Oh, and why is the kiddo going to Hades Academy, instead of the best academies Avalon has to offer? Well, his parents finally got a hint that spoiling the brat MAAAYYBEEE wasn't a good idea, so they sent him to that disgraced academy so that he'd learn some humility. Hopefully. Francis' words on the matter? Here they are: "At the end of the year, I am at the top of the class. At the end of my cursus there, I am going to be stronger than headmaster Nine."

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES:

STRENGTH:1
    AGILITY: 5
    DURABILITY:
    ESPER SKILL LEVEL:3
    STAMINA:2
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 04-26-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Say, Cleric, would some kind of combat precog (think a much, much weaker version of Midnighter's) be fine for this? If yes, what would be the limits? Otherwise, I do have more ideas :-).

Also, placeholder.
    Ehh, probably not. Outright mind control and pre-cog I'm hinky about allowing.

Now, something like Peter Parker's spider/danger sense might be allowable.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Any particular reason why Mind Control is out?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Any particular reason why Mind Control is out?

Potential player vs player problems. I've seen similiar things in other RPG's and it results in people making counter powers so that mind control (or some other power) won't work on them, plus direct mind control feels like a dangerous game breaker.

Just my preference to bypass that sort of thing outright. I suppose emotional manipulation would be okay if one wanted to go that route.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Could I make illusions that work on senses besides sight?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Could I make illusions that work on senses besides sight?
    Yes, though again a higher Skill level would allow you to make better, larger, and further reaching illusions.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Potential player vs player problems. I've seen similiar things in other RPG's and it results in people making counter powers so that mind control (or some other power) won't work on them, plus direct mind control feels like a dangerous game breaker.
    I do recall the days of a poster who is no longer named.

Just curious.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Daniel Silva

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5'10 / 70 Kg.

APPEARANCE:

CITY OF BIRTH: Elysium

Esper Power: [Stray Cat Strut]

Can selectively make any object or person invisible along the entire electromagnetic spectrum. Daniel can control just how translucent, transparent, or opaque objects affected by his power are.

SPECIAL SKILLS: Parkour and Hacking.

HISTORY

So maybe his parents argued a bit too much for his liking and the streets looked so much more inviting than his house. And really? He didn't want to be pulled along into whatever the argument of the week was. That was just annoying.

No one could blame him if he spend more time outside his house than in it. Sometimes days passed before he returned home. It was cool. People didn't bother him outside and it was not like his parents cared. The city was just nice and peaceful except when it wasn't but that was fine, because the people screaming there weren't his parents.

As long as people went about their business and didn't bother him, everything was alright.

Then it turned out he had notice-me not powers and, well, that was just really interesting, wasn't it?

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES

STRENGTH: 0
    AGILITY: 7
    DURABILITY: 0
    ESPER SKILL LEVEL: 4
    STAMINA: 0
    Last edited by Hazard; 04-30-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

I do recall the days of a poster who is no longer named.

Just curious.
    Yeah, that poster came to mind as well when I thought of it. Just seemed better to be cautious.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ninja Post

Ninja Character

Ninja Skill

Soon!
    So I have to play a Samurai character, now. Or a Ninja Ninja Killer. :P
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

As a note, recall that Gehenna is not Earth, so nationalities and Earth references won't exist.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

As a note, recall that Gehenna is not Earth, so nationalities and Earth references won't exist.
    That complicates things a bit. I was counting on ninja always been a thing, but it's cool. I just need to switch things up a bit.

Plus, I have the power all figured out

Edit: Oh, and how soon do powers show up in a kid? How in control is the person of said powers when they show up?
    Last edited by Hazard; 11-09-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Potential player vs player problems.
    I'm not...huge...on PVP anyway (as might be noted by my posts on the subject over on Pantaloonacy), unless it's the point of the game. So such things don't usually come up in my games (and if they do, they're blessedly brief, and actually have a valid reason beyond 'My Ego is huge and I must satisfy it by proving to all that I am the strongest' - that sort of thing results in warning then ejection).
    Why are we here?

BANNED

NAME: Michael Laoth Giovanni

HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6'2/207

APPEARANCE: Ignore the cigarette.

CITY OF BIRTH: Eden

ESPER POWER: Mind Over Matter. Mentally overcoming the physical limitations of the human body. Like a shaman who walks on hot coals or sleeps on a bed of needles.

SPECIAL SKILLS: Farming and accuracy with thrown objects

HISTORY:

Michael was raised on a farm and enjoyed a peacefully life, eventually he decided to join the academy to learn more about his abilities and any possible methods to refine them.

OTHER: (Optional info)

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES:

STRENGTH: 3
    AGILITY: 0
    DURABILITY: 3
    ESPER SKILL LEVEL: 1
    STAMINA: 0
    Last edited by Lax; 11-09-2015 at 11:30 AM.

I'm not...huge...on PVP anyway (as might be noted by my posts on the subject over on Pantaloonacy), unless it's the point of the game. So such things don't usually come up in my games (and if they do, they're blessedly brief, and actually have a valid reason beyond 'My Ego is huge and I must satisfy it by proving to all that I am the strongest' - that sort of thing results in warning then ejection).
    Neither am I in this one. It will play more along the lines of plotted mystery and solving problems than fighting each other, though there will be fight scenes obviously, and a potential tournament to showcase how well your powers have grown.

But this won't be nearly as combat heavy as School House Rumbles is.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM