Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Surfer is pretty damn strong but I wouldn't count Superman out immediately. They did meet before.

As for the rest? No chance against the JL. Wonder Woman could probably take Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not when there's a "no speed stealing" condition on this rumble.
    Ooh didn't see that

Surfer solos then

Nevermind!

But Superman isn't doing anything to Surfer. Crossovers aren't continuity, and their meeting involved hefty cases of PIS.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

everyone already said what i was gonna say.

norrin wrecks shop.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nevermind!

But Superman isn't doing anything to Surfer. Crossovers aren't continuity, and their meeting involved hefty cases of PIS.
    Didn't that crossover basically end like this?

Skrulls: Superman?! Bah, our massive army can easily defeat that foolish...

Norrin: S'up guys.

Skrulls: ...oh shit, that's the Silver Surfer. Everybody turn around! Turn around as fast as you can and haul ass back to the empire. This fight is not worth it!

Or something like that, it's been a while since I last read it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

For a second I thought this meant Ultimate Continuity.

Ultimate Silver Surfer wasn't much to write home about given that he was like... a swarm released from Gah Lak Tus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Didn't that crossover basically end like this?

Skrulls: Superman?! Bah, our massive army can easily defeat that foolish...

Norrin: S'up guys.

Skrulls: ...oh shit, that's the Silver Surfer. Everybody turn around! Turn around as fast as you can and haul ass back to the empire. This fight is not worth it!

Or something like that, it's been a while since I last read it.
    There's also one where Superman gets turned into a Herald of Galactus and some other stupid stuff happens that invokes the power of plot!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    For a second I thought this meant Ultimate Continuity.

Ultimate Silver Surfer wasn't much to write home about given that he was like... a swarm released from Gah Lak Tus.
    No. Gah Lak Tus fashioned his whatevers after the Surfer.

The Surfer was around, and did slightly more work than those things, but really wasn't anything to write home about. He was called the Silver Seeker, IIRC.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I was going to make a Quidditch joke, but I can't think of a way to create a portmanteau of another Herald's name and "Beater" that won't get my post deleted. Hm....

Lord-Beater ? He who slaps nobility.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The closest thing the JLA have to a shot is Wally dumping all his speed onto Kyle. He's pretty much instantly turned a Wally speed opponent into a human speed opponent, so doing the reverse should be possible. But he's probably not going to get time to boost more than one person adequately before Surfer fries him, and none of the JLA can take Surfer one on one, even with equal speed.

Kyle comes the closest, but even he's not gonna be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Very doubtful about the surfers ability to transmute JLA members . Almost all of them have transmutation resistance feats especially people like Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern
    Well GL won't have it anymore after Surfer took off his ring^^

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Do Strange's autoshields manifest at light speed or faster?
    As a side note, when talking about Classic Strange, the important point about his autoshields is the prefix. They're automatic - always on.

So he starts Rumbles with them functioning, because that's their base level.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well GL won't have it anymore after Surfer took off his ring^^
    Taking the ring off has always been an inconsistent weakness for Lanterns. Usually when it's happened, it has been from someone with a huge jobber aura like Batman or Loeb Supergirl. (Or that time period where Kyle's ring lacked automated functions, which is a thing of the past since the Corp restarted.)

There have been numerous occasions where folks have had Lanterns at their mercy but been unable to forcibly remove the ring from them, due to the ring's automatic defenses.

EDIT: Although it's worth mentioning that the Surfer probably COULD remove the ring. Doing so would involve draining the ring or overloading the shields though, at which point he can just kill the Lantern anyway.

Amazing Member

Surfer always seems to get underrated by people. Partly its because he deals with other heralds, the Big G, etc So his fights are "close". When he deals with lower level (but still tough) threats he is written as not stomping their arse, like he should. So as almost every one has said, he is the key here. Flash is the threat on the other team. Norin does not even have to be nasty to the JLA, and beat them before they know. IF he was blood lusted however ....