Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Has Ben Affleck's acting improved since Daredevil?

What do you think?

Personally I think his acting has always been good, whether his superhero acting has improved is another matter of course. I thought he was ok in Daredevil, he fit the OTT tone of the movie. Judging by the BVS trailers, to me he seems so in the role to be unrecognizable. He looks like a mixture of all the previous like action Bruces, even the best parts of West and Clooney. ( I thought Clooney was good as Bruce at times.) With seriousness and gravity. So I'm looking forward to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tombo View Post
    Personally I think his acting has always been good, whether his superhero acting has improved is another matter of course. I thought he was ok in Daredevil, he fit the OTT tone of the movie. Judging by the BVS trailers, to me he seems so in the role to be unrecognizable. He looks like a mixture of all the previous like action Bruces, even the best parts of West and Clooney. ( I thought Clooney was good as Bruce at times.) With seriousness and gravity. So I'm looking forward to it.
    Yeah I pretty much agree with this. He was pretty good in "Gone girl" last year.

Oh btw has the rules changed about starting new threads? I thought you had to write more then just "what do you think?".

Gone Girl is arguably his best performance so far. So yeah.

Affleck's always been a great actor. He's now shown himself to be a great director. Daredevil was a flawed film but that can hardly be placed all on his shoulders.

Of recent years, his turns in Argo and The Town were fantastic.

I'm confident he'll do a great job as Batman, simply because of his consistency.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Zack Snyder, the movie's direction, the costumes and what I've seen from Alfred so far do worry me much more than Ben Affleck. Love The Town. Daredevil was a long time ago.

Ben Affleck is a great actor. Turns out, he's a great director too. Just ask the Academy. Actors should always be improving. Ben Affleck's recent movies were just great. The Town, Argo, and Gone Girl all featured great performances from him. He was even great back in Chasing Amy and his early work. Plus, his movies make money. That's why he keep getting leading man roles. Not to mention that often Actors are blamed for movies or performances gone wrong when it should be laid at the feet of the director. The director is essentially in charge. So if they tell the actor to do something a certain way, the actor does it. There are plenty of times where an actor disagrees with the decision of a director but it's their job to take the direction. So don't be so quick to blame Ben Affleck for Daredevil.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Chasing Amy is a more relevant movie than Schindler's List.

And let's not forget he was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-09-2015 at 11:37 AM.

All-New Member

When first announced that he would portray Batman, I was shocked like everyone else. But then I gave it some thought. His stature and strong chin probably makes him look really good as Batman. Do I think his acting as improved though? No I don't, but I think he could still pull it off by saying little and acting emotionless.

Absolutely. The Town, Argo, Gone Girl. He's been on a roll lately. I've had his back since they announced this casting and am still confident he's gonna crush it.

I was never an Affleck basher, but in recent years I have started becoming a fan. I thought he was terrific in The Town, Argo and Gone Girl (although I didn't really care about the film itself). Ever since he was announced as Batman and the Internet imploded, I've had this suspicion that he's going to come out of the gate and just blow every one away. I've been on board with his casting since day one and am very much looking forward to seeing what he does in the role.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

I'd say his best performance was Hollywoodland.

I never understood why people were so angry about him being cast as Batman considering some of the names that were linked Joe Manganiello , Richard Armitage , Matthew Goode are hardly shining examples of good actors.

Affleck is a great actor and will kill it as Batman. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Always Rakzo

Well, his performance in Daredevil was not really bad and I have heard good things about him recently.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He was never bad nor great, he just picked crappy movies. He's better behind the camera than in front of it, but now he knows how to pick roles that play to his strengths and/or surround himself with better actors that he can bounce off of. He has a limited range acting wise, but I think Batman is a role that falls perfectly within that range. He's a naturally charming guy so his Bruce Wayne persona should be perfect. I think he has the potential to dethrone Keaton and be the best live action Batman. He certainly is the most comic accurate looks wise so far.