Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman and Robin Eternal #6 Preview / Discussion

Batman and Robin Eternal #6

Source: Comicosity

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...bin-eternal-6/

Summary: Grayson, Red Robin and Red Hood fracture, not knowing whether they can trust each other or the legacy of Batman. In the past, Robin gets his chance to redeem himself in Batman’s eyes and take on Scarecrow

Interesting talk between Jason and Richard about trust and Batman.

Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

All-New Member

Who is the speaker in the first page?

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    I think it's Jason, but I honestly can't say for sure.

Incredible Member

I thought it was Dick b/c of the blue. But then it looks like Jason looking in through the window, so I'm going to say Tim.

Astonishing Member

Credit where it's due, I read that preview thinking it landed it's beats pretty well and did it's "set up/catch up" exposition pretty well. I was all set to talk about how optimistic I was about the new writers when I remembered it was Tynion!

I think these kind of "editorial" Pivot Issues are going to suit him.

I think it's Dick speaking, judging from him reading his body movement.

BANNED

Interesting conversation between Jason and Dick. I like how versatile Jason has become to the point is not really out of character for him to say that once in a while, taking in consideration that it could be part of Mother`s programming taking place. "Can`t be predictable" is what defines him in contrast with the others the most.

I`m thinking the initial dialogue is Tim since he`s the one missing, but the part about knowing the difference in Bruce just by how relaxed he looks kind has got to be from someone who in the reboot was Robin longer and oficially, I guess? In that case Dick or Jay. Then again, both of them have already met amnesic Bruce in Grayson and RHAA, so that leaves Tim back to the fold for the possibility.

I'm pretty pumped to see where this is going.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    I think it's Tim since Jason and Dick at talking at the church. Poor Tim looks so sad in the rain...

On the other hand, Jason really has come a long way. He's wiser than most people think.

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

I am certain the talking at the beginning is Dick, his character block thingies are blue. I thought the dude looking in was was Dick as well, wearing that jacket from last issue, before he met up with Jason.

Anyway I'm glad Jason not being written as angsty you don't accept me I don't like you Jason. It's written like a legit brother moment. And shows that Dick and Jason do indeed get along when the time comes though it's obvious by now Jason and Tim prefer each other. Just hope the rest of the issue is solid.

So correct me if I'm wrong. Jason and Tim pair off. Harper will be paired off with Cassassdra to get close to her, possibly with Steph tagging along. And that leaves Dick solo talking to Helena and others through the comm until they all meet up again? Plausible?

Oh hey, that actually was a pretty decent preview. And the monolog in the beginning is Dick's. He's been monologuing in this since the first issue. Not sure why it'd be someone else's now.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-06-2015 at 06:09 PM.

I'm getting this feeling now. The feeling that Tynion's issues will actually be the good ones in this series. I guess it makes sense since this is his story, his plot. I mean, I had problems with #1 but compared to the later issues, even Seeley's, and in hindsight, Tynion's have actually been pretty good. Maybe I've just lowered my expectations (again... for like the fourth time since this series began), but I'm looking forward to this one!

Also, wow I missed Daniel's art. A lot. I wish we had some really good artists on here...

Really good preview. Love the conversation between Jason and Dick. Shows how much Jason has grown and the relationships between the Robins is strong. This series has been good so far and it looks to be picking up.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-06-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

I'm getting this feeling now. The feeling that Tynion's issues will actually be the good ones in this series. I guess it makes sense since this is his story, his plot. I mean, I had problems with #1 but compared to the later issues, even Seeley's, and in hindsight, Tynion's have actually been pretty good. Maybe I've just lowered my expectations (again... for like the fourth time since this series began), but I'm looking forward to this one!

Also, wow I missed Daniel's art. A lot. I wish we had some really good artists on here...
    I disagree with all that. That everybody else sucks doesn't makes Tynion's pretty good, just less awful, and that is not good..

Saying that which ones are Genevieve Valentine's issues? I thought it was her turn.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 11-06-2015 at 06:54 PM.

I have to say that, thanks to this board, I'm paying far more attention to who's actually writing the issue then I did for the first Eternal.

It's interesting to continually see genuinely happy Bruce in the pages of the Bat-books, with a nice cameo from Julie for good measure .

So if Cass was 10-12 when we had that last flashback, not that she really looked it but that's comic art for you, that means she's around 15-17 in the present.

"First year as Robin?" Don't you mean your only year as Robin ?