Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    We all know Roy isn't dead and there will be an explanation for all within the issue but I can't help to feel anxious. Between Titan's Hunt, Denis Medri departure from the book, Joker's Daughter and the sudden change of outfits on the cover...I feel like if this is the last issue of the Red Hood/Arsenal that I've come to love this past six months, like the book is suffering a change in status quo (and maybe tone?) for some reason.
    Half a year and now a SQ change? Nuts. RHatO at least lasted 14 issues before a crossover and SQ change. Are DC comics in trouble?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Well, if the recent trend of sales continues, they will. As in trouble a rival publisher can be anyway.

Since I`m also buying Dr Strange and Hercules, mea culpa

I can't talk, I'm getting ANXM vol 2 when it comes out alongside NA, EXM, BP, and Spiderman/SM2099.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'm still hoping that JD is actually Scarlet revamped and ready to be a supporting annoyance/enemy for RH/A. Jay helping someone escape the Joker Spirit influence would make for an interesting arc.
    Jokers Daugther is the revamped version of Druela Dent (and therefore probably somehow important for Titans Hunt), and to behonest I would be quite happy if Scarlet and everything else that happened with jason in Morrisons run, stays out of the New 52 continuity.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

HELL OF AN ISSUE!

Denis Medri goes out with what might be his best work on the series, I'm really, REALLY gonna miss his work. I won't spoil the story but I think Scott Lobdell also delivered one of his best scripts so far (it might be a little rushed though), there IS a change on status quo but is not what I expected and I'm really looking forward to it.

Just let me tell you guys something, the cover is misleading. The hoodie is in through the whole issue.

Ok... so Red Hood just said they're not killing people anymore AND they're taking in Joker's Daughter?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Ok... so Red Hood just said they're not killing people anymore AND they're taking in Joker's Daughter?!!!
    Yep, is gonna be interesting to see where this goes.

Extraordinary Member

If Jokers' Daughter is gonna have that level of agility , she should have none, then I Harley quinn better get that sereum from poison ivy in this continuity.

Okay, time to properly give my opinion on this issue.

Great issue. The idea of Jason trying to redeem someone is unexpected but one that totally works considering Jason's own history. Roy's fakeout was pretty well done (for a moment I really thought that Roy was being benched due Titan's Hunt). I'm really looking forward to see where this goes.

Joker's Daughter is a very controversial pick for Jason's little project but I can see the logic behind it. On the N52 she's the only young villian introduced so far that can be plausibly redeemed and her connection with the Joker makes for an interesting contrast with Jason -The fact this is the first time she hasn't been totally unbearable to read it helped a lot though-

If there's a problem with the script is the Hero Manifiesto since it was a noticeable rushed element (and considering how little the solicit described the plot I have to wonder if there were an editorial mandate somewhere). A shame since they seemed like an interesting group.

Medri delivers what it might be his best work on the series making even more sad the fact this was his final issue as penciller. He took some issues to find his footing but his style was perfect for this series, even more having Blond as colorist. Here's hoping his replacement can keep and improve the quality of the art.

I have to wonder why the cover has the boys on their RHATO costumes despite them using the DCYou ones in the story though.

It might be better to stay away from tumblr for a while... people are losing their minds over that line where Jason said that he was filled with anger and blamed everyone but himself. Now everyone is up in arms against Lobdell because he made it sound that Jason was the one to blame for his own death.

I didn’t get that vibe, honestly. I thought of it as Jason acknowledging that for a long time after his resurrection he was angry and blaming everyone else without caring about Batman’s or anyone’s feelings but his own, which is understandable. He was hurting, he was sad and angry and alone, but he also maybe everyone else collateral damage in his war against Batman and the Bat Family.

Now that he’s older, found friends and came back to his family, he thinks differently. Now, he sees beyond his own pain.

Anyway, that’s how I interpreted the scene.

It might be better to stay away from tumblr for a while... people are losing their minds over that line where Jason said that he was filled with anger and blamed everyone but himself. Now everyone is up in arms against Lobdell because he made it sound that Jason was the one to blame for his own death.

I didn’t get that vibe, honestly. I thought of it as Jason acknowledging that for a long time after his resurrection he was angry and blaming everyone else without caring about Batman’s or anyone’s feelings but his own, which is understandable. He was hurting, he was sad and angry and alone, but he also maybe everyone else collateral damage in his war against Batman and the Bat Family.

Now that he’s older, found friends and came back to his family, he thinks differently. Now, he sees beyond his own pain.

That's nothing new, Tumblr is fond of seeing just what it wants to see. But yeah, your intepretation is accurate and that should be obvious to anyone who has actually read the book.

Astonishing Member

This was pretty okay, right?

Jason's self-awareness is kind of refreshing. It sounds pretty accurate, too. And even the self-awareness of Lobdell's writing as they "adopt Joker's Daughter" of all people is kind of nice. Like he's saying "see this awful character! No awful characters, just awful stories, let's see if I can't do something interesting here." And if it leads to J.D. getting a slightly less preposterous costume, perhaps something a little more Titans East / Harlequin III, I'm all for it. Plus I was kind of thinking preternaturally as it happened, like "wait wouldn't Jason want to maim someone wearing the face of the man who killed him, quite literally?" then I thought "wait, this is sort of redeeming the fridging of Duela from the beginning of the awful Countdown!"

So I enjoyed the thing way more than I have a right to.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

If one reads RATHO#1, the words are already there. He was already on that path. Whether Tumblr or Scans Daily (usually missing the point with reboot Jason no less) read something else, alas.

And that`s what`s been happening since the beginning. Changes have been happening and gradually, just so it`s not a 180 turn. He`s still got his background and will still have the edgier skills compared to the rest, but the choice to grow up and do for the greater good is what I`ve been saying since the beginning. It is a balsy move if not balanced of course, but so far they have.

Totally expecting a few saying it`s a cop out and how Jason is not Jason now. Because a character staying the same always works snickers

The strenght of Jason since the reboot started has been the gradual development. Keep it coming.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-11-2015 at 02:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    This was pretty okay, right?

Jason's self-awareness is kind of refreshing. It sounds pretty accurate, too. And even the self-awareness of Lobdell's writing as they "adopt Joker's Daughter" of all people is kind of nice. Like he's saying "see this awful character! No awful characters, just awful stories, let's see if I can't do something interesting here." And if it leads to J.D. getting a slightly less preposterous costume, perhaps something a little more Titans East / Harlequin III, I'm all for it. Plus I was kind of thinking preternaturally as it happened, like "wait wouldn't Jason want to maim someone wearing the face of the man who killed him, quite literally?" then I thought "wait, this is sort of redeeming the fridging of Duela from the beginning of the awful Countdown!"

So I enjoyed the thing way more than I have a right to.
    Wasn`t expecting it either. Loedbell sometimes knows how to surprise the fanbase. Perhaps a nod to Scarlet but without the old baggage. Jason is maturing and decides to reform someone who is lost wearing the face of the man who killed him. It`s a more powerful theme. Look how versatile he can be. Cass? A random assassin for all he knew. But this woman? He gets her. When a character can surprise you, its worth it.

This also shows something Jason proved to Joker in DOTF. He`s past being afraid of him.

Always Rakzo

Well, this was pretty much a Scott Lobdell issue.

Some good ideas, nice characterization and development but dear lord, the narration is so heavy-handed that it leaves nothing to the imagination. It's too blunt for my taste.