Default Preview/Discussion: Catwoman #46

http://www.avclub.com/article/exclus...ds-her--228130

We're in for a big climax here. What are the chances that Eiko survives?

Always Rakzo

As a conclusion, I suppose that Valentine did the best she could to solve most of the plot-points she created.

However, that doesn't mean that is actually great. I still think that the relationship between Selina and Eiko was not developed enough to make you care for this conflict and most of the character moments end-up being pretty cold.

Kinda underwhelming really, at this point I'm glad that the next creative team is going for a more traditional route.

Astonishing Member

It was a little underwhelming. As a brush-clearing issue it probably would have been fine, if there was another three issues of fallout and ramifications and emotional resettling. But it was still pretty quality.

And Penguin's resurgence actually sets up his appearances in Batman recently, too. That bird always winds up on top, and it looks like Snyder & Capullo wanted to cement that because that looks a lot like HEAVY gang bosses Black Mask, Great White Shark and Scarface falling in line as Penguin cronies. Sucks to be you, Sionis. Just don't get caught up in Catwoman comics, it never helps your aspirations at all!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I did like it but thought Valentine would have needed a longer time to make the climax work. There was such a good set up but the real explosion never came. But I am honestly surprised how much the book made me care for Eiko and Antonia, I also liked Stephanie in this far more than I thought in the beginning. Even thou she had a rather passive roll, she still got things moving forward, especially between Eiko and Selina.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    As a conclusion, I suppose that Valentine did the best she could to solve most of the plot-points she created.

However, that doesn't mean that is actually great. I still think that the relationship between Selina and Eiko was not developed enough to make you care for this conflict and most of the character moments end-up being pretty cold.

Kinda underwhelming really, at this point I'm glad that the next creative team is going for a more traditional route.
    I think you've nailed it. Overall, I think Valentine did ok. She was certainly a mile leap up from Nocenti. But ultimately this all came off as very cold - you just didn't get enough to care. Not a bad run, actually a decent one for Catwoman, but nothing that really resonated

This whole arc was a nice little unexpected twist on the character, but I'm kind of glad we're moving on now. Also glad that Valentine closed out her arc without killing everyone she had introduced like I was afraid was going to happen. Hope they appear more when she's back in Gotham as supporting cast.

Cautiously optimistic about the new run.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman