Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default PREVIEW: Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern

Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Fantastic Member

I want tom king to write Green lantern

Always Rakzo

"I mean, like, I'm a kid you know and I mean, this is like, how kids totally talk am I rite?"

I appreciate King's sense of presentation but his narration can be pretty awkward at times.

Nice storytelling from Shaner though.

has Hal always been Jewish or is this the first we're hearing of his ethnicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I've read a lot of Hal stuff and I don't think I ever knew that .

BANNED

He's like half-Jewish, half-Catholic, but not really practicing either way.

EDIT: To think I said that and then looked at the preview to see it actually points it out

Lol is he saying it cause Barry is, or because he himself is, and just wants to be the one guy putting it out there in the "christmas special"?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    He's like half-Jewish, half-Catholic, but not really practicing either way.
    EDIT: To think I said that and then looked at the preview to see it actually points it out
    Yep, he seems to be both. Is that allowed, why not?
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-11-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Loved this issue. Loved it, loved it, loved it. It was so fitting with Hal's character.

Though seeing him as a new god, part me wanted to see his adventures in this role with Hal wielding the Mother Ring
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

This was beautiful.
    Can Tom King write Green Lantern? Because, this is everything that I needed in life from a Green Lantern book.
    Everything about this was amazing.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    "I mean, like, I'm a kid you know and I mean, this is like, how kids totally talk am I rite?"

I appreciate King's sense of presentation but his narration can be pretty awkward at times.

Nice storytelling from Shaner though.
    I think that's the point. Kids talking to stranger about religion isn't supposed to sound like a conversation between death and dream in a Gaiman book.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    I think that's the point. Kids talking to stranger about religion isn't supposed to sound like a conversation between death and dream in a Gaiman book.
    I suppose I was expecting a kid talk like how normally a kid would talk but eh.

BANNED

The artwork is beautiful.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Continuity errors aside (still don't see how this could happen before Lights out and Godhead) Nice Preview, I look forward to picking this up on Wedensday!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

I love this already. These five pages are pretty captivating. I love Shaner's art and lil Hal is always cute.

He's been vaguely implied to be Jewish a couple times, iirc in Christmas with the Superheroes #2 and then again later in his Spectre book, but he's also shown celebrating Christmas and in Rebirth he was shown to be Catholic. This seems like King reconciling both of those things to make sense together. I've also seen Jewish mother and Catholic father as fan theory before so it's nice to have it clarified.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    I want tom king to write Green lantern
    Same. That would be gold. I really wish Tom King could just reinvigorate the whole Green Lantern line. Green Lantern has been a total bore fest, Green Lantern Corp turned from one of my favorite books to something I've dropped from my pull list. GLNG and RL both cancelled, the only good thing left is Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I suppose I was expecting a kid talk like how normally a kid would talk but eh.
    Isn't that how kids normally talk?