Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default PREVIEW: Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern

Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Fantastic Member

I want tom king to write Green lantern

Always Rakzo

"I mean, like, I'm a kid you know and I mean, this is like, how kids totally talk am I rite?"

I appreciate King's sense of presentation but his narration can be pretty awkward at times.

Nice storytelling from Shaner though.

has Hal always been Jewish or is this the first we're hearing of his ethnicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I've read a lot of Hal stuff and I don't think I ever knew that .

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    "I mean, like, I'm a kid you know and I mean, this is like, how kids totally talk am I rite?"

I appreciate King's sense of presentation but his narration can be pretty awkward at times.

Nice storytelling from Shaner though.
    I think that's the point. Kids talking to stranger about religion isn't supposed to sound like a conversation between death and dream in a Gaiman book.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    I think that's the point. Kids talking to stranger about religion isn't supposed to sound like a conversation between death and dream in a Gaiman book.
    I suppose I was expecting a kid talk like how normally a kid would talk but eh.

BANNED

The artwork is beautiful.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Continuity errors aside (still don't see how this could happen before Lights out and Godhead) Nice Preview, I look forward to picking this up on Wedensday!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

I love this already. These five pages are pretty captivating. I love Shaner's art and lil Hal is always cute.

He's been vaguely implied to be Jewish a couple times, iirc in Christmas with the Superheroes #2 and then again later in his Spectre book, but he's also shown celebrating Christmas and in Rebirth he was shown to be Catholic. This seems like King reconciling both of those things to make sense together. I've also seen Jewish mother and Catholic father as fan theory before so it's nice to have it clarified.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Maybe Hal just pretends to be whatever that will get him the maximum amount of presents and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I love this already. These five pages are pretty captivating. I love Shaner's art and lil Hal is always cute.

He's been vaguely implied to be Jewish a couple times, iirc in Christmas with the Superheroes #2 and then again later in his Spectre book, but he's also shown celebrating Christmas and in Rebirth he was shown to be Catholic. This seems like King reconciling both of those things to make sense together. I've also seen Jewish mother and Catholic father as fan theory before so it's nice to have it clarified.
    well technically if his mother is Jewish he is considered Jewish. he just might not be practicing.

Mighty Member

well technically if his mother is Jewish he is considered Jewish. he just might not be practicing.
    Yeah that's my take on it, he's got this heritage but it doesn't sound like either of his parents were practicing and we've seen that Hal himself has never really been religious.

Looks interesting. Guessing he merges with the Motherbox and succeeds becoming New God Lantern? Cause he didnt transform in the JL issue.

Also, the mother being Jewish is new at least to me. It's nice to hear more about his mom as with Hal over the years you always just hear about his dad. I know the dad died and it's a focus for Hal but it's nice to see his mom get some attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Extraordinary Member

This is how I understand it.