Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This is my first time reading about Hal's religious background. I think religion should be explored with Hal in future stories.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    This is my first time reading about Hal's religious background. I think religion should be explored with Hal in future stories.
    They explored that a bit in the Spectre series by J.M Dematteis. Quite a bit about Gnosticism in that one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    They explored that a bit in the Spectre series by J.M Dematteis. Quite a bit about Gnosticism in that one.
    I see.

A cosmic hero with ties to two religions is different.

Art looks pretty great, and I like the flashback to Hal's childhood and dealing with his fathers death, and I'm looking forward to seeing how things unfold in this tie-in especially since it's the one I'm most looking forward to .

I hope John still plays a big part in the book aside from being in the intro.

I wonder if Johns brought out his old Mosaic books because he's going to be flashing to what Hal and John are doing here back in Justice League? We still haven't seen Hal's New God look in the main book after all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blaster86 View Post
    I want tom king to write Green lantern
    Same. That would be gold. I really wish Tom King could just reinvigorate the whole Green Lantern line. Green Lantern has been a total bore fest, Green Lantern Corp turned from one of my favorite books to something I've dropped from my pull list. GLNG and RL both cancelled, the only good thing left is Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I suppose I was expecting a kid talk like how normally a kid would talk but eh.
    Isn't that how kids normally talk?

Astonishing Member

I guess Hal is considered a minority now?

King seams to be interested in religious backgrounds of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    King seams to be interested in religious backgrounds of characters.
    Yeah, he has Kyle bring up his faith pretty explicitly in Omega Men and here Martin Jordan is Catholic. Is Helena Bertinelli Catholic too or am I thinking of an Elseworlds/Earth 2?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catingub View Post
    Yeah, he has Kyle bring up his faith pretty explicitly in Omega Men and here Martin Jordan is Catholic. Is Helena Bertinelli Catholic too or am I thinking of an Elseworlds/Earth 2?
    Pre Flashpoint Helena B was Catholic and fairly religious, I'm not sure current Helena's religion has come up. She does still wear a top with a cross on it though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Catingub View Post
    Think she's been Catholic for quite a while now, it's just that sometimes it's a heavy feature of hers (with the cross and everything) and sometimes it's not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    has Hal always been Jewish or is this the first we're hearing of his ethnicity?
    He's like half-Jewish, half-Catholic, but not really practicing either way.

EDIT: To think I said that and then looked at the preview to see it actually points it out

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Um, no?

This sounds more like a parody of a kid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Um, no?

This sounds more like a parody of a kid.
    Maybe it's just how King thinks Californians sound? We'll have to see if adult Hal sounds like a valley girl when he speaks

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Yeah. My sibling is a lot younger than me and in later elementary school, this is how kids talk. I believe the writer said in an interview that he has kids, I wouldn't be surprised if he used their speech patterns for influence. Maybe it's less natural to read? I don't know, it completely sounds fine to me, maybe I'm around kids more often than Rakzo or kids talk a lot different in my area than in his.

Astonishing Member

That's the best preview I've read in some time. That art. That gravitas. Tom King, always making me a satisfied reader.

But it's the art that had me grinning.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com