Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Like many here, I loved this book! Great depiction of Hal being Hal and showing why he's awesome! It makes sense that his godhood is one-and-done since he didn't get his powers in JLA, and they want that story to be self-contained so he won't suddenly show up in JLA with them. Just not enough room in that book to explore everyone's godhood I suppose.

Too much to hope for a regular GL series from this team, but this one-shot was a very welcome break from the "Renegade" stuff...

Wow. I saw the reviews yesterday already so I kind of expected it to be good but this was really something. The art style was great not that "mainstream" and sometimes perhaps a bit too unwanted funny but there were really strong pictures in it and the pacing was good as well.
    Tom King really knows how to write characters well and actually concentrates on their characteristics first and foremost, that always helps but because this was a single issue it might even helped a bit more, with this and Omega Men I would seriously be interested in this team working on the Lanterns.

All-New Member

So are Katma Tui, Galius Zed, Chaselon & Tomar Re (if that's not Tomar Tu) all alive again?
    Answer please be YES!

I find that Tom King is very effective at using character's insecurities and weakness to tear them down, and then positively reconstructing them in spite of those weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I find that Tom King is very effective at using character's insecurities and weakness to tear them down, and then positively reconstructing them in spite of those weaknesses.
    Which is something a lot of writers try to attempt but fail at and end up making the character look worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Which is something a lot of writers try to attempt but fail at and end up making the character look worse.
    *cough*Venditti*cough* Sorry, something in my throat there...

Ok couple of questions about this issue.

1. Was the adult HJ talking to younger HJ?
    2. Was this a scene that had already taken place in a prior GL story and we were visiting it, from a new angel?

It just felt like I was missing something here.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Ok couple of questions about this issue.

1. Was the adult HJ talking to younger HJ?
    2. Was this a scene that had already taken place in a prior GL story and we were visiting it, from a new angel?

It just felt like I was missing something here.
    1 - Yes
    2 - AFAIK, no.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Best JLA as New God issue so far, and my favorite Hal story in ages.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroc View Post
    So are Katma Tui, Galius Zed, Chaselon & Tomar Re (if that's not Tomar Tu) all alive again?
    Answer please be YES!
    I don't think so, I think that page with them on it was a flashback.

I would love if Katma Tui came back though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I don't think so, I think that page with them on it was a flashback.

I would love if Katma Tui came back though.
    Thank you for responding.

The scene in question has given me (false) hope for her and all of their returns.
    She was my personal favorite Green Lantern.

Aww yeah finally a damn good GL story in my GL headcanon this takes place after GL #20 and all of Vendetti's stories are non-canon.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Aww yeah finally a damn good GL story in my GL headcanon this takes place after GL #20 and all of Vendetti's stories are non-canon.
    Headcanon maybe. I don't disagree - the Johns JL stuff has very much been follow-up to his Green Lantern run, particularly in the Forever Evil-through-Darkseid War period here. Strictly speaking it certainly takes place before any of the current Renegade GL stuff, though I think it's been implied that the events leading up to Godhead predate Darkseid War. Not a biggie, though, in my book. Keep the Johns hyper-story stuff consolidated as a continuous story unto itself, ignore the non-Johns follow-up bits, and it works pretty well.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Headcanon maybe. I don't disagree - the Johns JL stuff has very much been follow-up to his Green Lantern run, particularly in the Forever Evil-through-Darkseid War period here. Strictly speaking it certainly takes place before any of the current Renegade GL stuff, though I think it's been implied that the events leading up to Godhead predate Darkseid War. Not a biggie, though, in my book. Keep the Johns hyper-story stuff consolidated as a continuous story unto itself, ignore the non-Johns follow-up bits, and it works pretty well.
    The problem is that Oa shouldn't be around.

This was quite the fine one and done.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.