View Poll Results: Should Batman stop using a Batmobile?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should continue driving the Batmobile

28 90.32%
  • He should use a less distinctive car that doesn't stand out so much

1 3.23%
  • I really don't know what would be best

0 0%
  • I really don't think it makes a difference what he drives

2 6.45%

Default Should Batman ditch the Batmobile?

In another thread, one person asks that with the spread of video security cameras and other forms of observational technology (like drones), wouldn't people have an easier time spotting the Batmobile and figuring out where it's coming and going when it leaves and enters the Batcave? Is it maybe time for Batman to stop driving around in such a distinctive vehicle as the Batmobile and instead become more "secret" in his operations by using "an unconspicuous vehicle" for travels around Gotham City?

What do you folks think?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Batmobile for me. I'm sure Bruce has it covered with jamming devices and blackout zones that happen once he's near the cave. Hacking, etc. Even if he had none of that: Still Batmobile. Genius orphaned bat-dressed billionaires trained in like all the martial arts who swing between skyscrapers and enlist teens and children to fight with them aren't real either, we should ditch that.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-09-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Batmobile for me. I'm sure Bruce has it covered with jamming devices and blackout zones that happen once he's near the cave. Hacking, etc. Even if he had none of that: Still Batmobile. Genius orphaned bat-dressed billionaires trained in like all the martial arts who swing between skyscrapers and enlist teens and children to fight with them aren't real either, we should ditch that.
    Exactly, why does everyone want to take the comic out of comic books?

Sure the Batmobile wouldn't be practical in real life but neither is the cape or for that matter the cowl but it's a comic book and they are all important parts of Batmans aesthetic. Though I wish they would stop using the Tumbler style Batmobiles from the Nolan movies

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

He should have stuck with Morrison's flying Batmobile, because it's the only one that ever made since. I'm good with the idea - I in fact prefer - that the DCU is a fundamentally different place from our world on pretty much every level and that most any discrepancies can be explained that way, but we know traffic is a thing in that universe, because that's what cars give you. The idea of Batman driving through the streets each night with no problems is insane: forget being tailed back home, what's he going to do when he's surrounded on all sides while stuck at a red light? Cool as the aesthetic is, it's nuts, and feels redundant most of the time when gliding to rooftop to rooftop makes more sense and fits with his style better anyway. It should only be used about as often as the Batplane.

Really, if he needs a regular vehicle, they should bring this back:

What, you think it was a coincidence he took over for Metron?
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    He should have stuck with Morrison's flying Batmobile, because it's the only one that ever made since. I'm good with the idea - I in fact prefer - that the DCU is a fundamentally different place from our world on pretty much every level and that most any discrepancies can be explained that way, but we know traffic is a thing in that universe, because that's what cars give you. The idea of Batman driving through the streets each night with no problems is insane: forget being tailed back home, what's he going to do when he's surrounded on all sides while stuck at a red light? Cool as the aesthetic is, it's nuts, and feels redundant most of the time when gliding to rooftop to rooftop makes more sense and fits with his style better anyway. It should only be used about as often as the Batplane.

Really, if he needs a regular vehicle, they should bring this back:

What, you think it was a coincidence he took over for Metron?
    I would love to see the Whirly Bat back.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The idea of Batman driving through the streets each night with no problems is insane: forget being tailed back home, what's he going to do when he's surrounded on all sides while stuck at a red light? Cool as the aesthetic is, it's nuts, and feels redundant most of the time when gliding to rooftop to rooftop makes more sense and fits with his style better anyway.
    I have to admit, last time I was in Manhattan I looked at the bumper to bumper traffic and tried to imagine how in the heck the Batmobile could get anywhere in Gotham City. Some kind of flying car like the ones in Blade Runner, now that would make sense -- especially for a guy whose gimmick is a bat.

Incredible Member

But, but.....chicks dig the car!

Nah man, you can't remove the Batmobile from the mythos. By that logic, it is more reasonable that Bruce Wayne is better off being a philanthropist dedicating his life to improving the police forces with his technology and wealth, rather than dressing up as a bat and beating criminals to a pulp.

BANNED

He should continue driving the Batmobile. Batmobile is cool... lol Bruce has a satellite at the orbit dude... he can handle bunch of cameras.

Incredible Member

Where is the option of "NO; Batmobile is iconic"?

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    That would pretty much be covered by
    He should continue driving the Batmobile

Incredible Member

Keep it. With GPS/satellite navigation he doesn't have to worry about traffic and could incorporate AzBats subway Batvehicle to take short cuts through the city (also the large cave system underneath Gotham City).

I'd say Arkham Asylum is an element that is more deserving of being abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I concur .