Super Moderator

Default The Mayo Report: Marvel's All-New Relaunches Lead to a Record-Setting October

Relaunches, variants, "Star Wars" and "Secret Wars" pushed Marvel past its previous high sales benchmark set in 2008

Full article here.

BANNED

I wish them better luck than DC had in retaining anything resembling those numbers. Glad for the staggered roll-out, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I wish them better luck than DC had in retaining anything resembling those numbers. Glad for the staggered roll-out, if nothing else.
    They won't even come close to the holds DC managed during the New-52 launch. Then many of the re-launched series sold over 100K for quite a few issues after the first.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2011.html

I don't see too many of the ANAD series duplicating that feat, Spider-Man managed for its second issue, Iron-Man didn't. Perhaps ANAD Avengers will?

Mighty Member

Nobody is expecting Marvel to have this much dominance going forward, but the fact Marvel has been convincingly outperforming DC for the past 2 years should have the publisher (DC) seriously thinking about any changes it can make to remedy the situation... I'm actually expecting something quite big from DC fairly soon... and if that is the case I am super excited... the best time to be a super hero fan is when bot Marvel and DC are neck to neck in the competition
    Last edited by solletaire; 11-10-2015 at 03:44 PM.