Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Can we please get a new LEgion of Superheroes book!!!

I'm serious. It's starting to hurt inside. 😔

I know I shouldn't complain because many characters have had it much worse but I would love a DCyou Legion book so much. There are so many people at DC right now that could do it right. Brendan Fletcher, Steve Orlando, Tom King. Really anyone would be great.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I think LoSH would be the perfect franchise for Tom King to tackle once they cancel Omega Men...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I want them back too, but I'm afraid DC would just mess the book up again. And which Legion do we get? post-FP, pre-FP, post-ZH, pre-Crisis?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The only Legion book that could survive in the current market would be a complete rebuilding of the concept by someone like Hickman.

Anything other than that would fall outside retailer radar and get an early cancellation.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

I don't think Brenden Fletcher would be a good choice for LoSH. I don't want them to be Batgirled. Tom King or Rob Williams from Martian Manhunter would be perfect. Hell, I wouldn't complain if Paul Levitz returned.

Astonishing Member

I've been saying that they need Tom King on this book for ages. He's absolutely the right man for the job.

Hickman, at this point, is probably too big for them to invest in him as Legion writer. MAYBE Titans, after Abnett resets the franchise to whatever point Hickman wants it to be in, because Titans has a more recent historical record for success. Legion is, at best, a mid tier book at this point, like Fantastic Four at Marvel. But Tom King, still on the come up, is perfectly positioned to make it a strong, consistent seller in that range.

Outside of Hickman, I think the only writer who could do a good job with the Legion is James Roberts, seriously, transformers has more depth than most mainstream books these days, and it's not quirky and cute. He wouldn't do it though. Kurt Busiek would probably do a good job too, but he's content with his indie work these days.

I didn't really like Omega Men, but I would be interested in seeing what Tom King would do.

Astonishing Member

It doesn't seem that Roberts has any interest in doing anything not Transformers related, but I'd certainly give him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The only Legion book that could survive in the current market would be a complete rebuilding of the concept by someone like Hickman.

Anything other than that would fall outside retailer radar and get an early cancellation.
    yeah the creative team would have to have a lot of hype to get things started. getting Hickman to work on a DC book would generate buzz plus he's actually shown interests in the property. apparently he's a huge fan.
    in the current market it's hard for a book to survive unless it's connected to Batman or Superman. so i would add Superboy and/or Supergirl to the lineup for insurance. though Justice League 3001 is proving that even with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. a book can still have trouble finding an audience. i don't think we need yet another LoS reboot. just use the team that Johns and Frank assembled.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    yeah the creative team would have to have a lot of hype to get things started. getting Hickman to work on a DC book would generate buzz plus he's actually shown interests in the property. apparently he's a huge fan.
    in the current market it's hard for a book to survive unless it's connected to Batman or Superman. so i would add Superboy and/or Supergirl to the lineup for insurance. though Justice League 3001 is proving that even with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. a book can still have trouble finding an audience. i don't think we need yet another LoS reboot. just use the team that Johns and Frank assembled.

Adding Superboy/Supergirl is the only thing that I don't agree with in this post. Playing it safe is way too easy, I'd prefer if DC took more risks. And if they fail, try again.

All-New Member

The dissolution of the LOSH from the DC realm of published comics was mystyfying to me. First and foremost, as a reader of comics, the LOSH, expanded my childhood mind of what could be for humanity if we all came together and fought the good fight. Then, they began to grow up and encounter more serious issues of life and death and of their purpose in life.
    Issues within the industry and story attempted to answer the issue of aging characters and maintaining a freshness of vitality and relevancy to the Superman mythos.
    DC never committed to which version of the LOSH they wanted to showcase and they, and we, as fans, lost over the eight plus volumes DC has published. But the LSH HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR THE FUTURE SUCCESS OF HUMANITY EVEN ADMIDST THE DIFFICULTIES HUMANITY WILL ENCOUNTER. This reason, and this alone, is why the Legion needs to return - to inspire - to provide hope and optimism. LONG LIVE THE LEGION! (AND PLEASE COME BACK SOON)

I Love the Legion. It's had so many great moments throughout the last half century but at this point it just plain needs to be reset by a top tear writer and art team with every intention of staying on the book for many years. You can't expect people to know the crazy long history of the Legion nor can you afford to put unknown creators who won't pull in a big readership and watch it tank for the 5th time.

No old adult Legion members either. They really work best as teens, and starting fresh lets all the new readers meat the Legion and villains for the first time together.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Unless someone like Hickman or Johns or Morrison is writing it, regardless of quality it'll get canned within 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by frjohn View Post
    But the LSH HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR THE FUTURE SUCCESS OF HUMANITY EVEN ADMIDST THE DIFFICULTIES HUMANITY WILL ENCOUNTER. This reason, and this alone, is why the Legion needs to return - to inspire - to provide hope and optimism. LONG LIVE THE LEGION! (AND PLEASE COME BACK SOON)
    So, I'm with you on that, but I'm not sure everyone is. I grew up on Star Trek:TOS, which was similarly optimistic. The last two blockbuster movies, in my opinion, do not reflect that spirit at all - but people seem to love them. We live in an age where more and more of our fiction is post-apocalyptic horror, dystopias, and zombie mobs. Look at Batman Beyond (after Tim supposedly fixed history) and the destruction of Earth-2. "Crawling from the wreckage" isn't the same as optimism for the future. (Admittedly even Star Trek posited some wreckage in the past - the Eugenics Wars - but the show starts well after things have gotten better.)

It will be interesting to see how they lean in the upcoming 2017 Star Trek series. And what DC would do with a LoSH series.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I still think they need to be reintroduced the way they originally began: in the Superman titles. The constant cancellations show that it can't support itself anymore, so reestablish it elsewhere and see if it can regain that sustainability. Then if it catches on again, branch it off.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El