Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I know I brought this up in a thread I created but I would to see the Aztec Mythos incorporated into the DCU. In order to differentiate them from the greek gods have the aztec ones posses humans and imbue them with powers. For instance

El Diablo is possessed by Xiuhtecuhtli, god of fire/heat/day.

Aztek is possessed by Quetzalcoatl, god of wind/learning and Lord of the West.

Chalchiuhtlicue goddess of water/fertility, Mictlantecuhtli god of death/darkness, Tlaltecuhtli god of earth/rock can also be used...

Lol the names are super hard to pronounce xD
    Last edited by El_Gato; 08-10-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I know I brought this up in a thread I created but I would to see the Aztec Mythos incorporated into the DCU. In order to differentiate them from the greek gods have the aztec ones posses humans and imbue them with powers. For instance

El Diablo is possessed by Xiuhtecuhtli, god of fire/heat/day.

Aztek is possessed by Quetzalcoatl, god of wind/learning and Lord of the West.

Chalchiuhtlicue goddess of water/fertility, Mictlantecuhtli god of death/darkness, Tlaltecuhtli god of earth/rock can also be used...

Lol the names are super hard to pronounce xD
    The concept of Mictlantecuhtli sounds interesting with El Diablo because of his alignment and morality because he's in the line between anti-hero and anti-villain.

I would like to see Caribbean, Celtic and Japanese mythologies. I could see Shazam or Wonder Woman exploring other earthly pantheons.

Chinese mythology has gods, monkey king and taoist immortals. India also has a rich mythology with some similarities to greek mythology.

DC's Thor...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    DC's Thor appeared years before the Marvel Comics version. Finger and Moldoff created a character with some obvious similarities as they are based on the same mythology source.
    DCs Thor:

Meek museum curator, manifested powers after being hit by lightning and gaining power from the hammer which he controls.
    Also flies back to him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sansomon View Post
    Japanese mythology with the Sun Goddess Amaterasu-ōmikami the, the Moon God, Tsukiyomi no Mikoto, the Storm God Susanoo-no-Mikoto
    Having a woman as the 'pantheon head' (in the role of Zeus, Odin, Shang-Ti, Ra, etc.) is a neat step there, and one reason I wouldn't mind seeing the Japanese pantheon explored more. (Although I'm not sure I'd want it to necessarily tie into 'sun' themed Japanese heroes like Dr. (Kimiyo) Light or Rising Sun.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Having a woman as the 'pantheon head' (in the role of Zeus, Odin, Shang-Ti, Ra, etc.) is a neat step there, and one reason I wouldn't mind seeing the Japanese pantheon explored more. (Although I'm not sure I'd want it to necessarily tie into 'sun' themed Japanese heroes like Dr. (Kimiyo) Light or Rising Sun.)
    Eh, I don't know if "pantheon" is the right word. Sure, there's multiple deities of varying levels, but they're not exactly worshiped as a united group or anything. Plus the sheer amount of them is staggering.

The Seelie and Unseelie Courts
    Lord Satanus, Lady Blaze, Neron, Lucifer, and others as the layers of Hell
    The Egyptian gods of Heliopolis
    The Norse gods
    The Aztec gods
    The Native American gods
    The Asian gods
    The Greek gods
    The Roman gods
    The Celtic gods
    The Kryptonian gods
    The Tamaranean Gods
    The Titans
    The New Gods - Genosian and Apokoliptan

Astonishing Member

Comic book universes seem to repeat the same legendary locations. There's Atlantis, Camelot and some kind of Shangri-La analogue (Nanda Parbat in DC, Kun Lun in Marvel). So, what if they took the character of El Dorado (formerly of Super Friends) and connected him to the legendary Seven Cities of Gold: Hawikuh, Halona, Matsaki, Quivira, Kiakima, Cibola and Kwakina.

Spectacular Member

I know I brought this up in a thread I created but I would to see the Aztec Mythos incorporated into the DCU.
    Actually, they are. Wonder Woman fought several time against Aztec gods (like Tezcatlipoca in issue 52).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Comic book universes seem to repeat the same legendary locations. There's Atlantis, Camelot and some kind of Shangri-La analogue (Nanda Parbat in DC, Kun Lun in Marvel). So, what if they took the character of El Dorado (formerly of Super Friends) and connected him to the legendary Seven Cities of Gold: Hawikuh, Halona, Matsaki, Quivira, Kiakima, Cibola and Kwakina.
    Ooh, that's a cool idea! Drag it away from European mythology, as well, a bit, and, conveniently, make it a bit closer to the 'New World,' where all the heroes live anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I love this idea.