View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8House #5: Yorris (part 2)

1 3.03%
  • Airboy #4 (of 4)

2 6.06%
  • The Autumnlands #7

4 12.12%
  • Birthright #11

3 9.09%
  • Codename Baboushka: Conclave of Death #2

0 0%
  • Descender #7

6 18.18%
  • Double D (graphic novel)

0 0%
  • The Goddamned #1

7 21.21%
  • Limbo #1

1 3.03%
  • Postal: FBI Dossier #1

0 0%
  • Southern Bastards #12

4 12.12%
  • Thought Bubble Anthology 2015 (#5)

0 0%
  • The Walking Dead #148

1 3.03%
  • The Wicked + The Divine #16

3 9.09%
  • Other: '68 Last Rites #3, Astronauts In Trouble #6, Faster Than Light #3, Drifter #9, Mythic #5

1 3.03%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Alright folks, just to keep you informed about what is going on with me and my Indie reading since I didn't get any Image books this week.

Slash & Burn #1
    Twilight Children #2

Twilight Children was a bit to jumbled and trying to do too much at once this time. However, Slash & Burn made up for that by being a fantastic first issue. This is easily the second best new book of the Vertigo launch. Definitely give it a look!

Heck, pretty good week in general for me and every book I read from DC and Marvel... besides for Uncanny Avengers #2 and its characters made out of the substance in lava lamps and the super bitterness that was All-New Hawkeye #1.

This is a huge Image week:
    Airboy
    Autumnlands
    Descender
    Wicked + Divine
    Southern Bastards
    Drifter
    The Goddamned
    Postal: FBI Dossier

My favourite of this list is Autumnlands, althoug I haven't read all yet, this is getting my vote. I didn't realise how much I've missed it until I opened the first page :-)

LOVED every Image book I pulled this week. Gonna go with Other (Drifter #9). I thought it was fantastic.

I voted for Birthright, I just love this story so much, not a whole lot else to say.

Birthright was rocking this week. So happy to read in the letters column that sales are healthy and the series will go on for many years of stories to tell. Love this title. Really glad that some of my favorite series are going to be around for the long haul like Lazarus going for 150 issues lol. I'll be there for the ride.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Picked up: Descender, The Goddamned, and Southern Bastards. It really could've been any one of these, but Souther Bastards continues to be one amazing book and this issue was no different. That gets my vote.

Really need to grab the existing Birthright and Nailbiter trades. Those books are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Birthright was rocking this week. So happy to read in the letters column that sales are healthy and the series will go on for many years of stories to tell. Love this title. Really glad that some of my favorite series are going to be around for the long haul like Lazarus going for 150 issues lol. I'll be there for the ride.
    Ditto on Lazarus sticking around for a long time. And yea, Birthright was spectacular. I really loved all the flashbacks to Terrenos and Kalista. The only other Image book I read was Southern Bastards, and for some reason I wasn't feelin this issue at all. Maybe i'll give it a reread, because that was truly a first for me.

I liked the issue. I liked the tv panels. I thought they were fun, but I'm not sure they added anything substantial to the actual story. Though, I also don't feel like the story was lacking in any way, either.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Hi,
    I voted for Airboy as much 'cause I suspected (and rightly it would seem) no one else would, and because this title's done really an unimaginable turn-around in my estimation, from Very Much Disliking it with issue one, to Very Much Enjoying it through issue 4 (final issue).

Autumnlands is still a little too unfocused for me; hoping it will read better for me once I have, oh say, twenty issues or so...
    And, silly as it might be, I just wanna add that I've got my ticket for the Lazarus-150 ride, too!!! Yeah boy!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Unwanted by the Bureau spookymulder's Avatar

I picked up The Goddamed and Limbo this week and TG just about edges it. I liked how brutal and unforgiving it was straight from the off. The term 'biblical-noir' also really caught my attention as whilst I'm not religious by any stretch [well, aside from an interest in Eastern Mysticism], religious texts are full of great stories and ideas that lend themselves well to comics. Limbo was great too, I just didn't get it on the first read.

Wicked + The Divine for me…
    I was lukewarm to the previous two issues of the series, but the Morrigan and Baphomet’s Goth love story got it back on track. It’s funny, I like this title but it makes me feel my age because I’m not hip to what’s going on sometimes (so I’m glad Gillen mentioned the game in the backmatter, because I had no clue what they were going on about. Lol)

As for the new comics, Limbo was interesting. I like mystery/detective stories, especially weird detective stories like Drumhellar and The Green Wake. It was hurried; if this is a mini I can understand that. If it’s an ongoing I’d have to ask, “What’s the rush?”

And I decided to pass on the Goddamed as the preview didn’t grab me. I’m going to wait and sample it during a digital sale and then decide if its something I want to stick with.
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 11-13-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

It was The Goddamned and Southern Bastards for me this week.

I wasn't too impressed with TG. Fight scene art was spectacularly messy for me and I couldn't follow it a great deal. None of the characters particularly stood out for me either. This is a Jason Aaron book though so I will pick up Issue 2 and see if I like that.

Thought the dream sequence in SB was beautifully drawn and written well. Got my vote.

The only thing I didn't like about Southern Bastards this week was that from Materhead's POV, we shouldn't have gotten to see into Tad's dream. Just a nit-pick, otherwise I continue to love this series.

Walking Dead gets my vote. Disappointed in the Goddamned. Will give it one more issue, but the execution didn't live up to the concept for me on that one.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

The new Postal was a waste of an issue. Who needs a recap story after just one arc? If you want to jump in late, you only need to buy one trade!