BANNED

Default What do you call someone who defends and kisses up to your enemies or opponents? (Another personal rant)

As yet another follow-up to this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....not-crazy-quot

and this one: http://community.comicbookresources....e-on-any-forum

I have yet another thing to really get out of my chest. Again.

Remember when I told you guys that there was this guy, let's call him "Punch", who kinda harassed me over something like a result of an episode on a Death Battle (for those who do not post in the rumbles or are unfamiliar with vs debating, you probably won't understand me) and how I have a different opinion than him?

Well there is this other guy whom I also shake my head in disdain for and he happens to be another guy who was around at the same time of Punch's angry ravings about me to the whole forum and this guy bought into Punch's lies and rumors about me and was convinced that I was the culprit and that he was the victim, without having any knowledge of what ACTUALLY happened with me and him outside of what Punch said to the public about me in his personal complaining thread. He not only agreed with what Punch said about me, but he actually congratulated him and repped him for what he said.

Then nearly two months later, I have a debate with him in a vs thread and afterwards, after having such a spirited debate, I tried to send a friendship request to the guy as a temporary truce (not that I was really interested in being his real pal anyways), but he apparently rejected my offer and said that he wouldn't add me to his friend's list, not because he disagreed with me in a debate, but because of my incident with Punch. After having to hear that crock of a response, I was just like "wow dude seriously..?" expressing my bemusement and feeling of absurdity with that reasoning on my end. And I sarcastically replied how impartial it was of him to reject my friendship based on a conflict that had absolutely nothing to do with him (and me) for that matter. And he goes ahead and defends Punch's actions and feelings by saying that the "facts are in his favor" and other moronic crap that he replied me with like how "Punch didn't insult me, that he was only fearing for his safety and privacy" (fearing for your safety and privacy by getting all angry over some fictionally-existing characters losing a battle on some internet series and lash out at anyone who disagrees with you or doesn't sympathize with you?) and I felt like he was straight-up lying when I saw Punch actually call me a "retard" or a "wanker" at the height of our e-incident. I mean way to turn a blind eye.

The more he replied to me, the more I was convinced that he was just trying to lick Punch's boots and the fact that he refuses to listen to my side of the story or made no efforts to actually look at the real truth of things, just to cover up for Punch (for whatever unwarranted reasons) are signs that leads strong credence to that. And going on and on, he even said that he refuses my friendship for another reason and that's because I "write a wall of text and get mad over something trivial" in my responses to him, when Punch did exactly the same thing he accuses me of, after having an outburst over a Death Battle episode.

He was nothing more than just another stubborn brickwall and I felt like I was just done with this guy and nothing I say could really convince him in the slightest and I don't exactly know why I even considered asking him for a friendship request, much less take him seriously at all. And I just let him keep pretending Punch was just this innocent little angel who was right to get all mad and throw a tantrum over a video game swordsman losing to another one in a virtual battle no one cares about.

So there you have it. What do you call guys who defend the actions of your enemies against you and tries to say "nyuh uh, you're wrong, not him". And has anyone else gone through the same situation i have? How do you deal with idiots who side with your harassers and opponent instead of you? please discuss ur thoughts.
    Last edited by Bullet Sniper; 11-17-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Okay. What did I do now? Let's work it out in private.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Matthew Logan1962 View Post
    Okay. What did I do now? Let's work it out in private.
    what do you mean? you didn't do anything. any real input on this thread?

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    what do you mean? you didn't do anything. any real input on this thread?
    Sorry. I thought I might have been the culprit, seeing how I'm so opinionated and such. Anyway, if you can't air out your grievances in a mature, adult-like manner, what I suggest is cutting ties with the folks who cause nothing but dissension in your life. And if someone threatens to take it to another level? Report them to the proper authorities.

BANNED

First off, not to be rude (of course to be followed by something rude) but why do you care? While I can imagine being frustrated by what's basically a reflexive defense of someone's friend without regard to facts (which is what your complaint boils down to), I can't imagine getting upset about it when you know that's what this is. Surely this isn't the first time you've encountered someone defending friend/family/country/etc. because it was "my (blank), right or wrong!"? If it is, let me assure you it's very common (less so on a public message board as people can call them on it and there's a "paper" trail).

Second, there are just some folks you're never going to be friends or even friendly with when you express strong opinions. And that's part of what engaging in conversations over the internet with strangers is about, putting your opinions out there. Some are going to engage you honestly, argue with you (sometimes successfully), and maybe even befriend you (either online or in real life). Others are going to shout you down, ignore you, or go out of their way to make you miserable. Again, this should all be known if you've been doing this for any amount of time (and this is far from the first thread I've seen you make or posted in). So slot them into the latter group and move on.

Invincible Member

Unless these are people you have to deal with in your personal life, I would just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Unless these are people you have to deal with in your personal life, I would just move on.
    Bingo!!!!!

BANNED

Turn off your computer and go outside. See a movie. Read a book in the park. Talk to a girl. And never give a **** about stupid **** like this ever again. Your goal here is to get to zero fucks given. You will be a happier, healthier person, I guarantee it.

What you call that person is "Someone who's got your number."

Maybe it's time to take a step back and reassess?

It's also important to always keep the "Who is the jerk?" rule in mind.

If you leave the house in the morning and someone is a jerk to you? They might be a jerk.
    If you get to the end of a day and everyone was a jerk to you? You may be the jerk.

Not accusing, just pointing it out.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-17-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Personal rants are probably best served in the CBR Chat thread.

Have at it, Hoss