Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Though, to be honest, I wish it wasn't $6 for 8 pages. I don't know that I'm really interested in the rest of the book.
    I know they usually include these features in various editions of the tpb collections, but there's a part of me that wishes Dark Horse would put together an all-Mignolaverse collection of the various Dark Horse Presents stories in a bargain comic book. (Talk about a great introduction for new / potential readers!)

I loved this story even though Hellboy didn't play much of a part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know they usually include these features in various editions of the tpb collections, but there's a part of me that wishes Dark Horse would put together an all-Mignolaverse collection of the various Dark Horse Presents stories in a bargain comic book. (Talk about a great introduction for new / potential readers!)
    Not usually but more like always. It's just that any Mignolaverse collection will typically want to feature these as with seeming to fit right, between either the Hellboy collections or BPRD collections,
    or even other collected editions such as Witchfinder or for example a title like Frankenstein Underground as proving a collected thing on its own which still potentially ties in with any other Mignolaverse bit.

To say that even other collections as proving dedicated Mignolaverse ones - I couldn't really see that.

I mean, for instance the Dark Horse Myspace collections appear for collecting both as re-offering Dark Horse anthology material, next to the Dark Horse Presents anthology material.
    Anthology material is or can be pretty awesome in its own right.

To dedicate a special Mignolaverse bargain type collection on top of all that, I couldn't see that myself. If stuff is made available with even getting collected as proving particularly dedicated,
    as how for anyone wanting in on the Mignolaverse everything seems made available or collected with extreme care and dedication, as you could be to find out for yourself. I hope.

So what more could you be needing, really... Happy Reading I say. And if you like books then buy them. They're good stuff I find.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-29-2015 at 05:19 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

I'm sure this will end up in the next Hellboy in Hell TPB, and eventual Library Edition. I can't see that not happening, as visually, it slows right out of the last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'm sure this will end up in the next Hellboy in Hell TPB, and eventual Library Edition. I can't see that not happening, as visually, it slows right out of the last issue.
    Yeah. There'll be no trouble fitting this in, since well, there have already been twelve different Dark Horse Presents features (from Vol. 1 / MDHP / Vol. 2 & the current Vol. 3) fitted into the current Mignolaverse collections, so.

But for people who are buying Mignolaverse titles as single-issues and aren't buying the collected editions, that means they have to pay $5.00 or so if they want to read those random 8-page stories?

That's why I'm saying a special reprint issue with maybe three or four of those +/-8 page stories would be a nice option, especially for people curious about the Hellboy-related titles but afraid of trying to jump on a fast-moving train.

But you folks evidently don't understand this concept if you've been fully immersed in the Mignolaverse for a while.

I understand what you're saying. I guess I didn't get that you're not buying any collected editions. So sure, I'm not against the idea anymore than a Hellboy in Mexico trade or the HC GNs they release. I think it's a fine idea.

a special reprint issue with maybe three or four of those +/-8 page stories would be a nice option,
    Wouldn't that be a collected edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Wouldn't that be a collected edition?
    Three or four of the +/-eight-page stories would be about 24-32 pages of material. So that wouldn't be a "collected edition" in terms of the collected editions / graphic novels that frequently have maybe four-to-five ISSUES worth of material.
    24-to-32 pages of story would be the length of comic book, possibly extra-sized. (So while it would be collecting stories, it would not be a "collected edition" the way that term is more frequently used these days.)

Honestly I feel just totally fine with getting comics in the way they are for these titles: as dedicated mini-series or 2-parters or standalones, next to slimline hardcovers, paperback and/or hardcover collections, with the occasional DHP anthology or such on the side.

And frankly the Library Editions appear as seeming so good and affordibly-priced to me, I buy those as well.

I really see nothing wrong with DHP as a welcome platform for attracting readers in the way it is presented, being 56 pages for $5.

Not to snuff at your proposed idea, but just since it's the way it is for me. My reading or 'collecting' isn't regulated by either character or format or brand, at all.

I read as based on quality or favoritism and I arrange any of my reading by creator or favored contributor only, as based on but sheer practicality. Easy that way.

I know not everyone likes to read issues digitally, but I bought the issue on Comixology for $0.99

Three or four of the +/-eight-page stories would be about 24-32 pages of material. So that wouldn't be a "collected edition" in terms of the collected editions / graphic novels that frequently have maybe four-to-five ISSUES worth of material.
    24-to-32 pages of story would be the length of comic book, possibly extra-sized. (So while it would be collecting stories, it would not be a "collected edition" the way that term is more frequently used these days.)
    It'd be a great Free Comic Book Day offering.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I know not everyone likes to read issues digitally, but I bought the issue on Comixology for $0.99
    I didn't used to read many books digitally (only the Mignolaverse back issues that my LCS didn't have), but now I follow several titles through Comixology (including Dark Horse Presents when there's a Mignolaverse story). I still prefer the physical copies, but it's very useful to be able to easily find digital comics, especially if your LCS doesn't order many Dark Horse books.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

One of my favorite Hellboy stories in a long time. Just such a fun little read. Since I buy very few comics outside of Mignola titles, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for something by my favorite team of creators.

Robert James Liguori

The subtitle is... 'A puppet story told in Hell'. I don't see puppets in the story... How am I missing this?

Is Yegor Ivanovich the puppet for doing four exorcisms?
    Last edited by hbr; 07-30-2021 at 02:23 PM.