Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Oh God is this news? We all know that in about 6 months time he'll recover his memories, be back as Batman and that girl will be another Vicki Vale

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I remember speculation that Julie's death would be the new tragedy to spark Bruce's fire for justice again. Him looking to get married seems to make that theory even more believable. Or do they do something even crazier than putting Gordon in a mechanical bunny suit... and let Batman get hitched?!
    I'd rather they avoid the women being fridged tropes. They're never particularly interesting, and I think they've killed one of his gf's already. Plus, if Julie dies to make the new Bruce go all Batman again, without him getting his brain back, there's not really much point to him being Batman at all.

Mighty Member

A death flag for Julie if I ever saw one... although Snyder/Capullo team find a way to surprise and turn the tables just when we think we have it all figured out ... The plot thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That would be a real twist.
    Nah . . . the real twist would be if Bruce wound up in bed with and married to

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Nah . . . the real twist would be if Bruce wound up in bed with and married to

LoL.

Are Gay marriages allowed in Gotham?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I'd imagine that Gotham too would have to follow the Supreme Court rulings.

I remember speculation that Julie's death would be the new tragedy to spark Bruce's fire for justice again. Him looking to get married seems to make that theory even more believable. Or do they do something even crazier than putting Gordon in a mechanical bunny suit... and let Batman get hitched?!
    Fridging the fiancee as motivation for Bruce becoming Batman again is a predictable narrative I think Scott Snyder will avoid in his writing. Since Snyder is drawing inspiration from the Golden Age, it's far more likely it'll end with Bruce revealing his identity to Julie Madison and her deciding his lifestyle isn't right for her (thus breaking things off), just like it originally happened in the Golden Age. I'm almost willing to put money on Bruce regaining his memories sometime before he decides to tie the knot with Julie. Assuming, of course, that Snyder doesn't decide to pull the rug from under us again and it turns out he was faking his amnesia the whole time to start over. (Kind of like what Selina Kyle originally did in the Golden Age as well).

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBlake View Post
    Fridging the fiancee as motivation for Bruce becoming Batman again is a predictable narrative I think Scott Snyder will avoid in his writing. Since Snyder is drawing inspiration from the Golden Age, it's far more likely it'll end with Bruce revealing his identity to Julie Madison and her deciding his lifestyle isn't right for her (thus breaking things off), just like it originally happened in the Golden Age. I'm almost willing to put money on Bruce regaining his memories sometime before he decides to tie the knot with Julie. Assuming, of course, that Snyder doesn't decide to pull the rug from under us again and it turns out he was faking his amnesia the whole time to start over. (Kind of like what Selina Kyle originally did in the Golden Age as well).
    Snyder already confirmed in an interview today that they're not killing Julie or making her the villain, but it is gonna end badly. My guess, either Bruce or her break up in a terrible way after something drastic happens.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Bruce proposing is like a sentence to death. I suppose that soon Julie will join Natalya Trusevich as Bruce's dead ex-girlfriend.
    or Vesper Fairchild.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBlake View Post
    Hm, agreed. Snyder's above that tired trope. I do hope he comes up with something at least a little different than the Golden Age tale for originality sake but I think you're on the right track. He did already confirm in today's interview that it's not going to end happily for them so that tosses out my idea of them actually letting Bruce be Batman and get married.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

The best idea I heard in this thread is that is Poison Ivy...presumably trying to get the Wayne money to start an apple orchard. We all know how this is going to end so can we just skip to it?

Guess I'm one of the only ones who is actually super excited for this, and I'm a huge BatCat lover. I've loved Julie simply because of how normal she is. She's not a villainness or a femme fatale, she's a normal, caring person. It's super refreshing for Bruce. I'd hate if they ended up killing her, but I do wonder what will happen because we all know Bruce will be back in the cowl sooner rather than later.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I'm just surprised this is being treated like a ZOMG!!!! moment.

Yes, Snyder apparently hasn't done a romance, but other bat-titles have during the same timeframe, dealt with past and present bat-romances. I know for the Snyder-first crowd, it may feel like there's been a huge dry spell, but I'm not feeling it.

As a romance, on its own, I'm good with it, though. Just feels business as usual (in a good way).
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

He did already confirm in today's interview that it's not going to end happily for them so that tosses out my idea of them actually letting Bruce be Batman and get married.
    Who says "marriage" and "not going to end happily for them" are mutually exclusive?

Amazing Member

did anyone notice the little green owl?
    here come the surveyors...here come all the surveyors