Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Zoom (CW's The Flash) vs Quicksilver (X-Men Movieverse)

In the history you know from the documentary video that is broadcast weekly by the CW Network the villain known as Zoom is obsessed with defeating speedsters throughout the multiverse. So far he has pit himself against the heros known as The Flash of two different universes. But what if his attention was drown to yet another one, where super-powered beings did not gain their powers by being exposed to the strange energies of a scientific experiment gone awry but thanks to the very genes they were born with. A world of mutants, where one particular mutant may in fact be the fastest man in his world. A speedster that Zoom feels he must challenge.

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you all...

What If Zoom decided to battle Quicksilver?

Okay, now, we are really going to need the calcs for Barry's consistent speed. I know he is in the multimach range ("you never reached mach 2" or "Jay runs at the speed of light and you're faster" comments notwithstanding), but we need something better. Also, please note that in that post, I work under the theory that Barry did not make significant progress between Season 1 and 2 as far as his top speed is concerned (hence my comments on the Reverse-Flash later)

Here's the Barry vs Zoom fight (thank you Guy):

Zoom, from what we've seen so far, is slightly faster than Barry (see when he catches up to him on STAR Labs). He essentially gets the upper hand on Flash due to that speed dampener syringe he tried to use on him. He doesn't seem to have Eobard Thawne's fighting skill or speed advantage on Barry, though he does know the vibrating trick, which could help here.

Essentially it boils down to:
    -If current Barry can beat Quicksilver, then Zoom can, due to being slightly faster. Also, the Reverse-Flash makes QS his b**ch.
    -If current Barry is still significantly defeated, then I don't see Zoom winning. Pretty much going to need the Reverse-Flash to make it a good fight.
    -If Barry barely loses, good match between Zoom and Peter. Reverse-Flash hands QS his ass.

I'd say Zoom is significantly more powerful than Barry was. The dude caught his lightning bolt and threw it right back at him for crying out loud.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Barry's speed is at least around Mach 7 or so.

And Zoom stomped him even harder than Wells did.

I'd say he has good chances against Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I'd say Zoom is significantly more powerful than Barry was. The dude caught his lightning bolt and threw it right back at him for crying out loud.
    There's some kind of advantage, strength (definitely), durability, SpeedForce control (maybe), I can't say for sure, but I don't think we can count that as a feat showing Zoom to be significantly faster, given that the lightning attack has that pesky flaw where Barry needs to slow down, which makes it basically useless against a speedster at least around Barry's level, when you think about it.

BANNED

How do Barry's feats compare to Quiksilver's again?

He is steadily growing better. I'm not sure if he is close to him, but I think he will be soon.

And he sure as hell has more esoterics than Peter by now (Lightning throwing, that speed mirage thing, phasing etc)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    How do Barry's feats compare to Quiksilver's again?
    He ran as fast as light by the end of season 1. A bunch of low showings later, Jay Garrick comes along, says he can run at the speed of light, and that Barry is faster than him. Then Barry continues to perform at a level well below that of a speedster who is supposed to be FTL.

So..he is either slightly slower-slightly faster than QS atm based on consistent feats.

Quite frankly I believe that Barry is at least roughly around Reverse Flash's level by now.
    Last edited by Cody; 11-12-2015 at 12:53 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral