Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Ultimates #1 *Spoilers*

Without the ending to Secret Wars out yet we're left with some big questions after reading Ultimates 1.

Black Panther is once again the monarch of his nation. Wakanda and the US are working together at the Triskelion which also houses the new Wakandan Embassy to the US. They share intelligence, but not military secrets according to T'Challa. T'Challa tells the UN Sec-General that the Ultimates are there to deal with the largest problems, starting with Galactus.

Spectrum and Miss America are off fighting something they were sent to retrieve, Spectrum comments on Chavez's incredible power.

Blue Marvel and Captain Marvel go to meet Galactus. Galactus thinks they want to fight and destroy him as many others have but Blue Marvel tells them they're actually there to solve his problems.

Reading the budding T'Challa/Namor bromance over in Secret Wars sort of makes me wish Namor was on this team.

That aside, I thought it was a pretty descent first issue. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of first issues since it's largely exposition. Still, it was good exposition.

Interesting that Miss America can apparently move at near lightspeed. It'll be interesting to see just how powerful she is since Ewing sort of implied she can shut down this team if she feels she needs to. And this is a pretty darn powerful team to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post

Blue Marvel and Captain Marvel go to meet Galactus. Galactus thinks they want to fight and destroy him as many others have but Blue Marvel tells them they're actually there to solve his problems.
    I loved that. Great twist on the Galactus thing
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I loved that. Great twist on the Galactus thing
    I wonder if this means we're not going to get an actual fight.

I did sort of want to see the team actually fight Galactus. But I guess if he's joining or whatever, coming to an arrangement makes more sense.

Now that was good! Wonderful introduction to the team and its dynamics. Never read Captain Marvel before but I like what I see of her. Can't wait to see what part Galactus plays. Writing was great as I'm accustomed to with Ewing. Art was phenomenal from Rocafort. So excited for this series. It feels like its actually doing something...'all-different'.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Captain Marvel you own my heart. She's showed why she's so inspiring. Earths Mightiest Hero and Ultimate.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Amazing Member

How long do we have to endure America Chavez?

Otherwise it was an ok set up issue

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post

Hopefully a long long time, I love this team already.

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    Hopefully a long long time, I love this team already.
    Yeah, I'm hopefully picking it up tomorrow. She is one of the main reasons I'll be reading it, along with Spectrum and Blue Marvel.

Yeah....

yeah....

Has she always been able to move at the speed of light or is she getting a power creep so she could "take care of them" if necessary?

Less focus on her the better.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Miss America is the only reason I'm reading this book. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah....

yeah....

Has she always been able to move at the speed of light or is she getting a power creep so she could "take care of them" if necessary?

Less focus on her the better.
    In all fairness a LOT of characters who have super speed rarely use it. Really you can say that about every single character with a rough approximation of the Superman moveset. Wonder Woman has super speed but 70% of the comic book readers out there probably don't even know it.

All-a-y'all America haterz go ahead and eat a sandwich.

Nice start-up issue. I'm being exposed to a few characters I've had no experience and I do love finding new favorites. All that being said I feel I'm missing something, which is probably a consequence of skipping Secret Wars.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Nice start-up issue. I'm being exposed to a few characters I've had no experience and I do love finding new favorites. All that being said I feel I'm missing something, which is probably a consequence of skipping Secret Wars.
    I think with the time jump pretty much every single book in the All New line will have that feel of missing something. I'm sure the gaps will end up being filled as the stories progress though.