69 32.24%
  • Both

12 5.61%
  • Neither

28 13.08%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Which Romance was more Epic: Rogue/Gambit or Cyclops/Jean

the two biggest romances in xmen history, while marvel has always used scott/jean as the flag ship romance of xmen it is no secret that the fan favourite ship was rogue/gambit. they are perhaps the couple with the most fan favourite fanbase in all of marvel's history so to the xmen fans I throw this question out in the open for us. which couple was more EPIC. please this is not the same as which couple you prefer.

scott/jean had the dark phoenix storyline and where do I begin with rogue/gambit they had so much drama, a lot of low points in their relationship and high triumphs as well
    Last edited by dales; 11-11-2015 at 01:48 PM.

BANNED

rogue and gambit hands down. gambit managed to stay faithful to rogue despite her inability to touch anyone. he loved her far more than sex. cyclops is a horny dog who easily got turned on by psylocke and emma while supposedly in love with jean.

Guido/Monet forever!

Gambit and Rogue FTW.

I voted for Rogue/Gambit; the bad-boy with the girl who can't touch anyone. It had so much good drama (and the image of her abandoning Remy after his trial in the snow was so moving). Though in truth my favourite X-relationship (and the best one) is Emma Frost/Scott Summers. Pure perfection!

P.S. Oddly... these are all linked to food????
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 11-11-2015 at 02:38 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member

Jean and Scott. In all fairness I started reading with X-Factor so my knowledge of X-Men grew out from them, but I would wager the same is true for many people fondly remembering Gambit and Rogue treading similar story lines as the first X-Couple.

this isn't even a contest. Cyclops and Phoenix. Gambit and rogue was okay for a while, but it can't compare to one of the greatest romances of the entire marvel universe. Scott and jean are right up there with reed and sue and peter and mary jane

Gambit and Rogue ofcourse
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.newsarama.com/15605-super...-romances.html

The 10 Most Significant Superhero Couples of All Time

BANNED

Since there's no Storm and Wolverine option, I went for Rogue and Gambit because they were more interesting as lovers, especially on Rogue's part when she is unable to touch one's skin or else she'll absorb their energy.

Scott & Jean are pretty terrible, so...

Not that Romy were worth reading after the first decade or so. (god bless Mike Carey)
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Guido purposely condemned himself to Hell to resurrect Monet... pretty boys Summers and Frenchie have nothing on that.

Everything that has Rogue in her is good.

I enjoy both quite a bit .

Rogue/Gambit is more popular but Cyclops/Jean was the more interesting romance with stronger/better stories tied with it.