105 49.07%
  • Rogue/Gambit

69 32.24%
  • Both

12 5.61%
  • Neither

28 13.08%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

The thread topic uses the word epic: Jean and Scott win.

BANNED

Xavier & Magneto. So epic they even made movies about it.

BANNED

Shouldn't this be 'Which romance is more annoying?'
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 10-08-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    You win, there's no debating that one.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    tumblr_inline_nt1ol5AQlv1r3qjhr_250.jpg

Totally epic!!

lol Xavier and magneto

BANNED

Rogue/Gambit always seemed more romantic

Jean & Scott were just kind of always together we didn't see the actual romance. They were a couple because they had always been with each other, by the time a lot of people started reading 90's-now none of that romance was really there.

I think the one time was when Cyke had that bomb in his chest from Bastion.

You really didn't see them kissing/hugging or doing anything specifically romantic together.

Incredible Member

You need to read more 90s comics. Or maybe you have read them in which case I think you may have forgotten some of those moments. There are a bunch of them. In my mind the answer has to be Scott/Jean. Mind you, that doesn't change what was done with them or where they stand now. But when you are talking the entirety of the franchise's history, I think it's a pretty clear choice

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    You need to read more 90s comics. Or maybe you have read them in which case I think you may have forgotten some of those moments. There are a bunch of them. In my mind the answer has to be Scott/Jean. Mind you, that doesn't change what was done with them or where they stand now. But when you are talking the entirety of the franchise's history, I think it's a pretty clear choice
    some good moments in the 80s too
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

They weren't even on the same team in the 90s.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They weren't even on the same team in the 90s.
    Yeah, for about 2 years. After that the distinct teams pretty much went away. And Xecutioner's Song was during that 2 years. They were certainly together plenty in that crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Shouldn't this be 'Which romance is more annoying?'
    Epic?Ha,Ha,Ha,ha,Ha! That's not the word that comes to mind with either of them." Pathetic" is the word I think of. With all the crap Scott went through with Madylin Pryor in the 1980's and Ol'Remy spending most of the 1990's trying to cover his ass do to involvement in the Morlock massacre conspiracy...

BANNED

Yeah, for about 2 years. After that the distinct teams pretty much went away. And Xecutioner's Song was during that 2 years. They were certainly together plenty in that crossover.
    Anyone have any scans? or particular issues?

Incredible Member

I don't have scans. Issues? Try X MEN 24. UNCANNY 308. THE ADVENTURES OF CYCLOPS AND PHOENIX. X MEN 35. The issue where Jean finds SCott at the movie theater. Late 50s X MEN. Maybe 58 or 59? Joe Kelly's 2nd issue. I think 71. An UNCANNY right after PSI war where Jean has lost her telepathy. Don't recall the issue number, though. Read those books and tell me it was never the same after she came back. That they were faking it or"going through the motions" as Morrison put it. That was just revisionist nonsense.

Now, if you are looking for bedroom sex scenes which SCott and Emma apparently had on a regular basis, you are out of luck. Of course you wouldn't find any with Reed and Sue Richards either and that marriage has lasted 50 plus years. But kisses? There are a bunch of kisses in these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Rogue/Gambit always seemed more romantic

Jean & Scott were just kind of always together we didn't see the actual romance. They were a couple because they had always been with each other, by the time a lot of people started reading 90's-now none of that romance was really there.

I think the one time was when Cyke had that bomb in his chest from Bastion.

You really didn't see them kissing/hugging or doing anything specifically romantic together.
    Trying to defend this couple is an epic undertaking because to explain the sheer volume of drama and passion and heartbreak and perseverance that went on between them would require at least an essay length response, one which you would probably not read so I won't bother with that. Suffice it to say that it's all there to be read. It was not fated at any point, rather every possible obstacle Marvel could throw there way, it did, and their still at it today. The triumph of their relationship was not that it was "epic" or "survived death itself" but that it happened at all, then happened again, and now again in blue and continues to effect Marvel decision making and creative direction over 14 years after it ended. Anyone who plays One by U2 as the first dance at their wedding does not have an uncomplicated or easy relationship, but I thought it was perfectly fitting for what they lived together.

That Marvel was willing to dash them on the rocks during Morrison's run for a few cheap thrills was just terribly sad, all in the name of being "more interesting". I thank my stars that my relationship isn't at the mercy of editorial mandate.

If you care to be open-minded about your opinion at all I suggest reading UXM 308. It perfectly cast virtually their entire history and all the major themes of their relationship and clearly defines why they work as a couple and why after all this time Scott and Jean continue to have legions of fans loyal to them as a couple.