• Rogue/Gambit

69 32.24%
  • Both

12 5.61%
  • Neither

28 13.08%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Emma/Scott are a million and ten times more real and honest than Jean/Scott lol.
    Once again like i said in the previous post it only looks that way because they were graced with good writers and even that didn't last long, it got tiring once Whedon left, and not to mention they have been white washing the heck out of Scott/Jean to prop up Scemma, but 'real and honest ?' sure lol when they were never really able to ever fully trust each other (like Scott/Jean did). Despite what people feel about Tom Brevoort, regarding Scemma he pretty much summed up my own feelings on their relationship :

"I will admit that I don't truly understand her relationship with Cyclops. I understand what she sees in him, but I don't get at all what he sees in her, apart from being good in bed. That's a very specific emotional connection that I don't think any writer has yet gotten across for me in a meaningful way." - Tom Brevoort

"I feel like nobody ever sold me on the validity of that relationship within the stories themselves. Scott and Emma were just suddenly kind of together at one point, and in all the time since, I don’t feel like I’ve ever read a story that I’ve felt genuinely, emotionally, about what he sees in her and vice versa." - Tom Brevoort

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Neither, Jean and Cyclops was very cookie cutter and dull, the only epic part was when Jean died (both times).

Rogue and Gambit was just stringing along until it fizzled out.

I'd have to say Emma and Cyclops would take this since they actually had a natural chemistry and they had such an interesting dynamic.

Emma/Scott are a million and ten times more real and honest than Jean/Scott lol.
    So real that Emma needed to cosplay as Jean to get a reaction out of Scott? So real that not once did the thought of marriage ever come up when they were together?

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    Once again like i said in the previous post it only looks that way because they were graced with good writers and even that didn't last long, it got tiring once Whedon left, and not to mention they have been white washing the heck out of Scott/Jean to prop up Scemma, but 'real and honest ?' sure lol when they were never really able to ever fully trust each other (like Scott/Jean did). Despite what people feel about Tom Brevoort, regarding Scemma he pretty much summed up my own feelings on their relationship :

"I will admit that I don't truly understand her relationship with Cyclops. I understand what she sees in him, but I don't get at all what he sees in her, apart from being good in bed. That's a very specific emotional connection that I don't think any writer has yet gotten across for me in a meaningful way." - Tom Brevoort

"I feel like nobody ever sold me on the validity of that relationship within the stories themselves. Scott and Emma were just suddenly kind of together at one point, and in all the time since, I don’t feel like I’ve ever read a story that I’ve felt genuinely, emotionally, about what he sees in her and vice versa." - Tom Brevoort
    I don't agree with Tom Brevoort on much, but I do agree with him here. I also get why Cyclops/Emma had so many fans. It was hot, but it lacked depth. I often compare it to the relationships portrayed on shows like Two and a Half Men, which are extremely shallow and built mostly around the physical aspects. That's really all Cyclops/Emma had going for them. They created a lot of steamy bed scenes. Well, that's fine for a bland sitcom. But for a real meaningful relationship, not so much.

It's also worth pointing out that the entire reason Cyclops and Emma even got together was because of Jean Grey. Emma had to dress up as Jean in order to seduce him. And after she died, Jean needed to push him to be with Emma. So I really don't see how that relationship is "real" or "honest." I actually think it lasted longer than it should've. What Bendis did was way overdue and I think even he knew that on some levels.

Even the big Cyclops/Emma champion, Matt Fraction, poked fun at the limitations of this relationship. During the Fear Itself tie-in, he had Namor point out to Emma outright that Cyclops married Jean. That never came up with Emma. They never got serious beyond a certain point. Cyclops and Jean got married, stayed married, and raised a kid together. That's way more serious compared to anything he did with Emma. I think Rogue/Gambit had a chance to become the main romance in the X-men comics after Jean died, but that chance was squandered sadly. But unlike Cyclops/Jean, Rogue and Gambit are still alive and not time displaced. Their relationship can be rekindled and depending on how Uncanny Avengers unfolds, I think it's worth giving a chance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

0 times a million and ten is still 0.

Jean grey is my favorite character hands down. There are a ton of great adjectives I could use to describe jean grey and her relationships with other people.

But "epic" is not one of them. That's just not a word I associate with Jean at all. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Gambit and rogue deserve that title.

BANNED

Epically corny. *smirk*

BANNED

Yes, but only because Emma was his true calling. Even Jeanie had to admit it.
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS IS FUNNY.

however scott/emma had more sexual chemistry but romantic chemistry still goes to scott/jean

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I would say both and neither imo. Both because they are iconic in terms of relationships in comics. Ask a comic book fan which relationship stands out to them over a period of reading comics. It's usually Scott and Jean, then Peter Parker and Mary Jane, sometimes Rogue and Gambit. It's one of those things that you can expect reading a X-title. Neither because at the same time the writer sometimes never knew what to do with both relationships. Even worse they kept breaking them up. It was as if neither person in the relationship could decide if they wanted it long term or not. Or at least written that way.
    This is about where I am. Both relationships are iconic to X-Men readers of a certain era, maybe more so if you came in with the 90's cartoon, and I don't think their importance to the franchise should be downplayed. But both have, to put it indelicately, been shat on so badly by various writers over the years that I don't really have any interest in reading about them in future.

And the less said about Cyclops/The White Queen the better. There was a relationship that made Scott look like a worse husband than he already was and completed the job of ruining one of the more memorable antagonists of the franchise. Emma Frost deserved a lot better than ultimately becoming Mrs. Cyclops and then discarded.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Jott has a fiery, planet-destroying, cosmic creep thrown in the mix. Rory has, what, a (very, veeeery) poor man's League of Assassins, lol?

Not even close to a fair contest.

Ultimate Member

[QUOTE=ariwl1;1599950]Overall Scott and Jean have the most important relationship and (imo) the deepest and interesting on many levels. If you remove them from the X

I would debate that and say that Warren/Betsy had a pretty dang good one during the issue where they went out to dinner, she sang, they ran out on the check and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I voted for Rogue/Gambit; the bad-boy with the girl who can't touch anyone. It had so much good drama (and the image of her abandoning Remy after his trial in the snow was so moving). Though in truth my favourite X-relationship (and the best one) is Emma Frost/Scott Summers. Pure perfection!

P.S. Oddly... these are all linked to food????
    Ok, this is probably the first thing I absolutely disagree with you =C

I actually think Jean and Scott can be very real if you try a bit. They loved each other since teenagehood, they were each others first love, they had their good times, they had some family trouble, married, had children(kinda of) and everything, until, the marriage gets flat, they start to distance themselves. But the thing not really ends since they are still legally married. And even in that moment, they are still pratically the most important person to each other, just because they have been through so much together.
    Well, you know what happens next.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post

WOW Tom sounds like a butthurt jean fan and scott/emma hater. if anything I give props to emma for at least making scott more 3 dimensional and pushing him to the limits to be a better leader and to face his problems head on. scott even said so about emma during the phoenix end song run. jean complains and runs away whereas emma forces him to face the music with win dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So real that Emma needed to cosplay as Jean to get a reaction out of Scott? So real that not once did the thought of marriage ever come up when they were together?
    Yeah coz marriage worked out so well for Scott the first two times. Dame Emma doesn't believe in patriarchal bondages if she's getting her way regardless.

And I wouldn't really bring up an incident that took place when Scott was cheating on Jean in order to defend their pairing.