Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Would it be better to replace Wonder Girl? Or is she still salvageable

I am only saying this, because I feel like with Wonder Girl aka Cassandra Sandsmark, is a lost cause.
    She doesn't even have a real connection to Wonder Woman anymore. And it looks like DC isn't trying to fix that at all.
    With her being in a terrible book, written by not that competent of writers, there isn't any hope for her at all.
    I'm just thinking, that maybe it's time to introduce maybe a younger Amazon, or a character that has a connection to them that could replace Wonder Girl, and put Cassandra Sandsmark and her fans out of their misery.

I know something like this would not happen.
    The better alternative would be to take her off the Teen Titans, and maybe put her into Wonder Woman(won't be any better), or make a mini-series revolving around her and Wonder Woman.

Not a Brony. -_-

Agreed that a connection needs to be forged between the characters or why bother with the name? If I am Diana and I become aware of a person using a variant of my public persona, I'd be very curious and want to meet her.
    Trouble is, the continuity in the DCU is almost nonexistent right now.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

With Donna Troy having an unrevealed previous connection to the Teen Titans, perhaps she can truly be redeemed and take on the name Wonder Girl again.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_H View Post
    Agreed that a connection needs to be forged between the characters or why bother with the name? If I am Diana and I become aware of a person using a variant of my public persona, I'd be very curious and want to meet her.
    Trouble is, the continuity in the DCU is almost nonexistent right now.
    At least with Ms. Marvel she took up the mantel because Captain Marvel was her hero, and she aspired to be like her, until she found herself.
    With Cass, she doesn't even like the name at all.
    They really need to give them a connection.
    I miss when she was another Wally West. And when I mean that I mean, she became a hero because she was inspired by another hero to do good.

Cassie could be re-conned back into being the daughter of Zues which would make her Diana's sister. That would give her a connection to WW. Even more if they make her mom a former amazon or something like that.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

BANNED

She could be fixed as easilly as Beast Boy's red skin, all it needs is for someone to write it and fans not demanding to know every single detail.

Ex. It's later revealed that Cassandra has already met Wonder Woman because of the name the papers gave her, the reason she didn't want to be called Wonder Girl however is because she and Diana didn't exacly become BBF's on first sight. (Blame perhaps the armor or just grinding personalities)

Her problems are all in the characterization. The fact the only title she appears in is Teen Titans is a death sentence for her because that book is trash. But there's nothing fundamentally wrong with her set-up. The connection with Wonder Woman isn't that hard to fix, as it doesn't necessarily have to be part of her origin. She can form a bond with the character and be written to be connected to her mythos somehow at any time.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Her problems are all in the characterization. The fact the only title she appears in is Teen Titans is a death sentence for her because that book is trash. But there's nothing fundamentally wrong with her set-up. The connection with Wonder Woman isn't that hard to fix, as it doesn't necessarily have to be part of her origin. She can form a bond with the character and be written to be connected to her mythos somehow at any time.
    As a matter of fact, TT is ages overdue for the obligatory meeting with the Justice League. That could be the beginning, especially now when Lobdells stink finger of making TT a team thats percieved as grey when not feared by the public appears to have returned.
    So with the team on the wrong side of the law right now, wouldn't it be the oppertune moment for especially Bats, Flash and Supes to show up and ask wth is going on?

Isn't she Lennox' daughter/ WW's niece? I think they should focus on that and ignore that ridiculous armor. Cassie and Diana definitely need to bond so she feels proud about the Wonder Girl codename and starts acting more like her YJ self.

Incredible Member

Replacing her would be a band-aid at best.

A lot of people might dislike me saying this. But the New 52 itself needs a reboot. Simply because of all of the inconsistancies that have cropped up.

BANNED

Just introduce the character again, ignore anything Lobdell did to her. Just give her the old origin being daughter of zeus, old personality tomboysh and done;

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    Cassie could be re-conned back into being the daughter of Zues which would make her Diana's sister. That would give her a connection to WW. Even more if they make her mom a former amazon or something like that.
    isn't she already Diana's niece ... aka daughter of Lennox and granddaughter of Zeus? They just need to actually meet.

I really don't want to ever see a sidekick with the same origin as the lead character. Having her as 1/4 god fits nicely (the daughter of Lennox) and Diana's niece works in the current circumstances, and someone needs to explore that further which has tremendous potential to fix the problem.

I find the current stories Wonder Girl appears in to be boring which reflects on Cassie.
    I see no reason why the right change in writing could not improve Wonder Girl 180 degrees.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The problem is that she has never been stated as being the daughter of Lennox. There was one panel with a character that looked like Lennox, but was never actually said to be him.

Her character can very easily be fixed, there just needs to be someone at DC interested in actually doing something with the character and the editors allowing them to actually write them in a way that moves the characters forward and develops them further connecting them to their namesakes if not allowing them to be actual mentors.