Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Following

Default The Following

Did anyone watch Season 2? We had a thread on the old forums I think, but folks started to lose interest. I finished season 2 and overall it was "meh" kind of like the first season. A lot of plot points kept getting dragged through the dirt making the police look really stupid at every turn, the character Mandy was literally a waste of time, and Clarie was brought back but ultimately made things worse. That looks like it's just going to be the premise for the show. I'm still interested to see how Ryan copes with this new path now that Joe is back in custody. Someone mentioned that Joe will probably be behind bars for Season 3 and that Ryan will have to come to him to try and find someone else, the next "big bad".

BANNED

There's still a season 3 ?!?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I didn't think the season 2 finale was nearly good as last season's. Granted this season has had it's problems. Mostly it seemed to drag on mid season. Curious what they will do for a third season though. It could switch up to the rivalry between Mark Gray and Agent Weston. Any idea who picked up Mark in that truck at the end?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Just finished season 2 - I actually preferred it to the first season. You can tell James Purefoy loves hamming up those lines but they spent too much time at that cult place in the second half instead of having more Lily - she was fab.

nrrdgrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Hatbar View Post
    Just finished season 2 - I actually preferred it to the first season. You can tell James Purefoy loves hamming up those lines but they spent too much time at that cult place in the second half instead of having more Lily - she was fab.
    I was just about to say the same thing. The stuff with Lily and her kids was great, but the cult episodes felt like padding, almost like they just needed to fill episodes and ran out of ideas. But Purefoy made up for a lot of it.

BANNED

Still have about three eps of season 2 to finish. For the life of me I don't know why I like and watch this show. Its utterly absurd and ridiculous but I keep watching.

I was surprised that the twins aren't twins in real life, just one chap! I thought he did a good job playing both of them sickos!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    (clipped) Someone mentioned that Joe will probably be behind bars for Season 3 and that Ryan will have to come to him to try and find someone else, the next "big bad".
    I don't know how many more seasons the premise could go (or should go). I have a feeling that they'll make Claire into a bad guy down the road, or even easier, Mike Weston.
    Team Photo & Silver Surfer Flash Mob

SHSO Name: Gallant Centurion Spy

CBR/SHSO Player Directory

If you want your squad name added to the CBR/SHSO player directory or our wiki let me know!

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I didn't think the season 2 finale was nearly good as last season's. Granted this season has had it's problems. Mostly it seemed to drag on mid season. Curious what they will do for a third season though. It could switch up to the rivalry between Mark Gray and Agent Weston. Any idea who picked up Mark in that truck at the end?
    It actually felt more like a series finale than a season finale; everything got wrapped up. The only real 'cliffhanger' was Mark driving away with someone.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    It actually felt more like a series finale than a season finale; everything got wrapped up. The only real 'cliffhanger' was Mark driving away with someone.
    They're clearly setting Mark up to be the Big Bad for next season so, as long as the ratings hold up, it'll be back.

Did they ever explain how the twins knew that Claire was going to be at the inn? I don't recall that being addressed and that's a pretty big point.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    They're clearly setting Mark up to be the Big Bad for next season so, as long as the ratings hold up, it'll be back.
    Mix that with the rumour about Joe being in prison and Ryan coming to him for help on a case, and you basically have Silence of the Lambs without the fava beans. I really hope that doesn't happen.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I was surprised that the twins aren't twins in real life, just one chap! I thought he did a good job playing both of them sickos!
    Coincidentally the character Mike Weston is played by an actor who has an identical twin.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Same with the season 1 finale. I feel like I would have been happy if both Joe and Ryan died and the second season dealt with either Weston leading a team rounding up Emma and whatever was left of Joe's following or new characters. The show's premise could work well as an anthology series like American Horror Story and True Detectives.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Did they ever explain how the twins knew that Claire was going to be at the inn? I don't recall that being addressed and that's a pretty big point.
    I got the impression that they were there for Emma and not Claire for some reason.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    I got the impression that they were there for Emma and not Claire for some reason.
    How did they know that either one of them were going to be there?. The only reason Emma knew to be there was because Joe told her that it was his and Claire's "special place." No one else knew about its significance to Joe or Claire. So how did the twins know to be there?

Anyone got any ideas who was driving the car at the end that the twins got into? I can't think of anyone else that's left alive! I hope Joe doesn't spend all of next season in prison, he needs to be free to drum up business.

BANNED

Whats even funnier is that the actors prior big role was playing a psychotic killer on Dexter for a multi episode arc. Typecast for life now.