Default Batman/Superman #26 Discussion

I know Truth is kinda dragging on, but surprised this is generating no discussion. I found it to be a very enjoyable issue, and really gets the plot moving into suggesting that Vandal Savage is indeed the mastermind of all this, right down to Superman losing his powers (Superman suggests that its Vandal who drained his power as part of his massive stockpiling of energy). I'm beginning to wonder if it was Vandal himself who was the mysterious figure who approached Superman from behind in the Hordr base some issues of Superman ago. And I very much look forward to finding out what that big Nazi vehicle that Vandal is hoarding does.

I don't know why, but Superman just has this enjoyable repertoire with all of Batman's protege's. From the Grayson issue to Batgirl's admiration of him here and the fun back and forth between Clark and Jason, there's just a charm there.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Always Rakzo

This was not bad. Solid characterization as a whole.

However, Truth has overstayed its welcome. The Superman editorial has this ongoing problem about extending their events to the point that everyone celebrates when it actually ends.

And they apparently don't listen since they ALWAYS begin a new one almost immediately after the last.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I liked it a lot, especially the part where the kid tries to hurt Superman with a fork.

About the Truth storyline... Berganza has to change the way he handles events. With four series connected to the same storyline, Truth seems more "stretched" than it actually is.

I was trying to figure out how Savage sneaked the stolen sun to the area and buried it under the same snow and ice that the Nazi ship was under

But, yeah, definitely good rapport between him and the Bat-Clan (although I still don't understand Gordon's problem...just comes across as forced as Perry's).