Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nintendo Thread: A Thread for All Things Nintendo

A thread for All things Big N related.

Your thoughts on Tomorrow's Direct?

Your thoughts on What NX should be?

Game's you want to See Big N revive?

To begin. I'm hoping TP HD is real and revealed tomorrow
    Last edited by Gryphon; 08-09-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    A thread for All things Big N related.

Your thoughts on Tomorrow's Direct? I'm hoping TP HD is real and revealed tomorrow.
    I'm a bit disappointed - I was hoping for more info on Zelda WiiU - I admittedly found out far too late that they wouldn't be talking about NX too.

Your thoughts on What NX should be?
    It should be a next-gen gaming-system with great net-connectivity, the abolishment of friend-codes, and somewhat greater graphical and systemic fidelity than the PS4 and Xbone. =)

Also, I'd LOVE to see them return to the NES colour-scheme - grey, red, black. That's pretty unique.

Game's you want to See Big N revive?
    Oooh...! So many.

Startropics - this could be an awesome semi-sci-fantasy Zelda for them! : D They could also release less Zelda-games to scratch that itch. Seriously, Startropics has potential.

Metroid - I've awaited a new 2D-Metroid for ten years now... and Other M was rubbish. I'm really hoping for a return to form for Samus now.

Captain N - this would actually make a really cool game, all of Nintendo's properties collected into one, along with crossover guest-characters and levels.

NX-NEEDS to be graphically superior to PS4/Xbone-it really, in my opinion, needs to be a near 600Euro machine with great graphics, crisp sound, cinematic edge, host of modern app(Twitch, YT **********, movies, music, etc) a serious approach to online gaming with friends, party, mic support, etc while keeping a lot of what makes Nintendo special still alive too. BLU RAY!!! No more DVD-it's an obsolete technology-it's simply done.

But imagine for a minute Nintendo could use the full power of a PS4/PC for say a Zelda or 3D Mario game.....the graphics would be great, vibrant and have huge, near life like worlds but still in the classic Nintendo feel. Imagine a Mario game, like 64, with an open world the size of Skyrim-or even bigger like TW3....it would be amazing-that is where Nintendo need to be imo.....

Greater power will not only allow far superior visuals and larger worlds-but more complex challenging AI, puzzles, bosses etc.

If Nin' release the NX in say 2 years time and it's just about on par with Xbone/PS4-or even a little better-it will fail as hard as the WiiU did as people simply wont want to pay top dollar for a very small upgrade, just like 2012. They also can't rely on the biggest game on the NX being either Mario Kart and Smash Bors yet again-nuetrals are simply bored stiff of that as reflected in Nin's struggle to grow the fan base.

Nintendo really need something big with the NX-like it or not they are the lowest rung on the console/PC ladder right now with the WiiU and that's not where the biggest name in gaming should be. The over rely on ancient series that are beyond 8,9,10+ itterations and have little to no excitement for new fans and a lot of younger players.

I would also suggest NX stays away from gimmicks like tablet/motion, maybe look into VR depending how well that is recieved from the Rift, Hololens, Morpheus, etc. But get back to good old controller in front of screen gaming.....To some Nintendo was Mario and Zelda when they were kids-to me it was hardcore shooter sessions on Goldeneye, Quake, Doom, Perfect Dark, etc and games like Mortal Kombat...I look at Nintendo in stores today and where is that stuff....this is a part of N history left behind for ONLY the soft, cuddly stuff like Yoshi and Mario.....as an adult now all I was really able to truly enjoy on the WiiU so far has been Bayonetta 2-which was amazing and one of the highest rated games this gen....

I thought this years was going to be N all the way-blow the others out of the water with StarFox and Zelda-both delayed...okay fine still got Devils Third and Fatal Frame-both pretty much bomb and suck-no joke D3rd was one of the worst games I've ever played....the reviews on MC pretty much trashed Animal Crossing too...so this year has been a complete right off beyond Splatoon.

Rant over.

Shorter more palatable opinion...
    Really excited for Zelda next year and want to get my hands on Xenoblade Chronicles too. NX needs serious investment from N brass and if done right could put N back on top.

Nintendo Badge Arcade is @#$%ing evil!
    I'm going to leave that here.
    Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Mewtwo badge I have to throw money at.

Astonishing Member

Pokemon console game, probably an mmo. I'm not buying a handheld nintendo, you can print money.

^Yes a real Pokemon RPG would be great. The console potential is huge to evolve the series....needed for years now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    needs to be a near 600Euro machine
    No way. That would be suicide for them.

The reason people buy consoles instead of PCs is all about affordability and deployability. They want something cheaper that they don't have to screw with. You plug it in, wait for some updates, then start playing. Any high price point ruins the dynamic. Nintendo consoles are always the cheapest (and should be) because Nintendo's fans are fine with the cartoony look and don't really care about realistic/lightmapped/volumetric/bloom as much as other fans do.

What Nintendo needs to do is stick to it's strengths. Ignore the stupid gimmicky controllers, and just focus on making really good First-party titles.

That's what sells for them. Not third-parties, not core gamers, not weird control methods (save for the Wii's bizarre outlier success at first)

Lots of Mario titles. Lots of Zelda-related stuff. Lots of Metroid. Lots of Pokemon. That's what prints money for them, and they need to stick with that and let it print money for them.

I'm not sure how many people here play the Pokemon games but all year starting next month legendary Pokemon will be available via Gamestop and the Nintendo Network. Now while many people may already own some of these Pokemon I'm excited.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...hroughout_2016
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    and Other M was rubbish..
    Other M was *excellent* in every way, except for story. The story and cutscenes were kinda rubbish. But the levels, the enemies, the movement and mechanics, the design, all of that was excellent. I absolutely loved every moment of it that was live gameplay and not Sakamoto's faltering attempts to turn Samus into some kind of... whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    Other M was *excellent* in every way, except for story. The story and cutscenes were kinda rubbish. But the levels, the enemies, the movement and mechanics, the design, all of that was excellent. I absolutely loved every moment of it that was live gameplay and not Sakamoto's faltering attempts to turn Samus into some kind of... whatever.
    Because that part was handled by Team Ninja.

BANNED

Nintendo been screwed up "Metroid" from day one on the SNES.

1. Blonde Eastern European ( Russian ) Samus. Seriously a huge amount of the fan base never seen Samus before or knew she was a she at all. In Japan the commercial aired via an actress playing a fully clothed Samus. Which ruined many ideas.

2. Samus has underwear. Again SNES Samus censored her nudity when she exploded out of the suit. So they just censored anyways. However it has been found on various cartridges this censoring is not there at all. As Nintendo explained she was suppose to be naked under the suit ( as the suit is organic material ).

About Other-M. It was colorful and all but basically another "Metroid fun-house" As with Fusion. They just brought back all the enemies to life and that was the excuse. Cloning, research among other ideas. Also the game controls are mostly automatic as well.

Seriously Samus is suppose to be the super-bad Boba-fett/Jango-fett but Other-M made her look like a super-rape-victim aboard a ship of horny disgruntle men. Even one scene where she is being talked down by a commander or even being run-down by a vehicle is just childish and stupid. Team-Ninja ruined it. Nice visuals.

When we Samus, she is like looking at Master Vega/Bison walking down the hallway of Shadowloo base. Not some sorta random space grunt.

Nintendo is just fine. They make money of peoples children until they realize they could be doing something else with there time and money. But sucks them in long enough to make money off them. In fact Capcom is open about the kind of people who actually buy there products.

BANNED

With the recent development of Puni-chan, and the different Zygarde forms, I'm curious how they will integrate this into future Pokémon games.

Also, it's February and we haven't gotten any news on major announcements for the franchise. It's the 20th anniversary! Come on, Nintendo/Gamefreak!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Starfox is getting an animated short on the 20th!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/18...teaser-trailer

Edit

Also Sonic will be giving away Mario & Luigi Paper Jam toys in Kids meals starting tomorrow.
    http://nintendoeverything.com/ninten...to-kids-meals/
    Last edited by GreenLanternRanger; 04-18-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Pokken Tournament has outsold Street Fighter V!

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/16/pokk...hter-v-on-ps4/
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Heres an interesting story about a guy who used Mario Maker to prupose to his girlfriend.

http://comicbook.com/2016/05/27/man-...to-girlfriend/